08/20 - Make Mturk Great Again Saturday!

If you only had one choice which one would you choose?

• Do 1000 Breligs

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Talk to Krysssy

Votes: 35 26.9%
  • Pet Pleco

Votes: 27 20.8%
  • Jump off a cliff

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Quit Mturk

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • Nah fam.

Votes: 36 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
aveline @aveline have you heard of the English band Black Box Recorder? I assume you know of every single band that has been come out of England.
I hadn't, actually. I just checked out a song of theirs on youtube, though, and it sounded quite lovely. I may need to explore a bit more.

Reactions: Pleco and Vanyanka

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I hadn't, actually. I just checked out a song of theirs on youtube, though, and it sounded quite lovely. I may need to explore a bit more.
I was almost convinced you knew of them, but I think you'll like them. England Made Me is a pretty good album by them, it's about how England made them and also how they're miserable.

Reactions: aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I was almost convinced you knew of them, but I think you'll like them. England Made Me is a pretty good album by them, it's about how England made them and also how they're miserable.
Yes, I listened to the title track off that album, I guess. I believe she was singing about getting drunk, killing people and stuffing their bodies in a trunk. I enjoyed it, thoroughly.

FRSMichael

Just HIT it, HIT it.
Reaction score
Has anyone completed a HIT from Acme Data Collection that involves recording phrases? I cannot get the HIT to recognize my playback or recording device on both my laptop and desktop and with both IE/Edge and Firefox. Getting annoyed with this HIT...

Reactions: Azazael

ohsnap

just me
Reaction score
Has anyone completed a HIT from Acme Data Collection that involves recording phrases? I cannot get the HIT to recognize my playback or recording device on both my laptop and desktop and with both IE/Edge and Firefox. Getting annoyed with this HIT...
I tried to get that to work yesterday. After 10-15 minutes of troubleshooting on my laptop I finally gave up and just returned it since it wasn't worth it to me to spin my wheels any more trying to figure out why it wouldn't work. I think there was somebody that got it working though but I don't remember details on that.

Azazael

Reaction score
only seems to work in firefox and you have to accept the permissions at the top under the address bar in firefox or else it wont scan your device for the recording

FRSMichael

Just HIT it, HIT it.
Reaction score
only seems to work in firefox and you have to accept the permissions at the top under the address bar in firefox or else it wont scan your device for the recording
That's the issue though...it does not prompt me for permission. I've even disabled adblock just to be sure that wasn't causing a problem. I have no issues when I do a Sticky HIT but the Acme HIT isn't requesting a single thing.

Yuk

Reaction score
That's the issue though...it does not prompt me for permission. I've even disabled adblock just to be sure that wasn't causing a problem. I have no issues when I do a Sticky HIT but the Acme HIT isn't requesting a single thing.
You need java so make sure that's updated and you should be receiving a prompt from java first I think before it'll scan for your devices

Reactions: Azazael

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Do a quick survey (audio required)(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: NerdLab Lab Group [ATMRMLDNGYDJT] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.53] [Fair: 4.72] [Comm: 4.00] [Fast: 4.45]
Description:
Listen to an audio clip and provide your opinion. Speakers/headphones are required, as well as the most recent version of Adobe Flash.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [19955-19366] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 80; Location is one of: US;

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
do it on private browsing mode?

FRSMichael

Just HIT it, HIT it.
Reaction score
You need java so make sure that's updated and you should be receiving a prompt from java first I think before it'll scan for your devices
I have Java. I just checked to verify it was up-to-date and it is from this message, "You already have the latest Java Platform on this system."

Status
Not open for further replies.