08/20 - Fetching Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Could be one of the pins in the cable got bent when it was pulled out. Maybe try another cable if you got one laying around to make sure the port on the monitor itself didn't get damaged? If the port on the monitor itself got damaged, hopefully there's another port on the monitor to use instead.

Edit: grammar
On Tuesday I woke up and found my desktop had eliminated Windows entirely, erased it, whatever while I slept. Long story short couldn't be remoted because there was NO OPERATING SYSTEM, I had no blank media to try to make a recovery disk or usb drive (and I don't think my old laptop was up to it anyway) so after trying EVERYTHING I ordered a recovery USB from Amazon Wednesday night and it came today. I was skeptical but within an hour desktop up and running - I lost almost everything, but hey, it works.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
On Tuesday I woke up and found my desktop had eliminated Windows entirely, erased it, whatever while I slept. Long story short couldn't be remoted because there was NO OPERATING SYSTEM, I had no blank media to try to make a recovery disk or usb drive (and I don't think my old laptop was up to it anyway) so after trying EVERYTHING I ordered a recovery USB from Amazon Wednesday night and it came today. I was skeptical but within an hour desktop up and running - I lost almost everything, but hey, it works.
Wow! What an awful thing to happen. So glad you are back in business! After my last computer fiasco, I ended up buying a back-up computer. Good thing, because it's come in handy quite a few times, lol.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Wow! What an awful thing to happen. So glad you are back in business! After my last computer fiasco, I ended up buying a back-up computer. Good thing, because it's come in handy quite a few times, lol.
I have a new hard drive that I ordered a year ago for the old laptop. Just haven't psyched myself up enough for that adventure. I'm pretty motivated now though.

Reactions: Blakkat

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a new hard drive that I ordered a year ago for the old laptop. Just haven't psyched myself up enough for that adventure. I'm pretty motivated now though.
I'll bet you are.....get at it, lol

• Haha
Reactions: HelloHello

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Title: Diverse cognitive tasks battery June 2021Accept
Requester: tedlab [A3CV1MVF006J21] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$23.01][Pay=Generous][Approval=~24 hrs][Comm=Good][Rej=2][Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.29][Fast=3.96][Comm=3.51][Fair=4.35][Reviews=292][ToS=0]
Reward: $24.00
Duration: 48:00:00
Available: 1
Description: 27 different short tasks. Total time is approximately 2 hours. Repeat sentences out loud, judge music tones, visuospatial tasks, attention tasks, shape tasks, etc.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98; Location EqualTo US

Status
Not open for further replies.