08/20 - Artificial Intelligence Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
~2 mins. (no code given). Watch the short timer.

Title: Ballooons | Accept
Requester: Michelle Brown [AZKJDPBS1S8W2] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 300
Available: 1
Description: How many pumps will you make to fill the balloons?
Qualifications: Masters Exists

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Reaction score
Merch by amazon -- Please explain what it is. Thank yoU !
Warning:exclamation: info dump activated.

https://merch.amazon.com/landing - recommended reading if interested is the "resources" button at the top left.

Merch By Amazon (MBA) is a program where you can upload shirt designs to Amazon and have them do all the other stuff and get a royalty fee. You set the price so you kind of set the royalty. The royalty on a normal 19.99 shirt is 5.38.

It does have a bit of a waiting time/list or whatever mystery program amazon uses to decide if somebody gets in like Mturk does. And a tier system for how many shirts you can have up at a time, and of course legal procedures like -don't steal content, don't use NSFW designs. The payout is at the end of the month after the month in which you sold shirts.

Provided your balance due exceeds the payment threshold, we will remit payment approximately 30 days after the end of the calendar month in which the product was shipped. For example, we would remit payment for products that shipped in April at the end of May, which is approximately 30 days after the end of April.
*Payment threshold is anything over 0 monies.

They do take money or a portion of money out for returned merch. but I'm still foggy on it since I haven't experienced it yet.

I started in May (already had been given a pass from a few years ago and had to ask nicely to have them reopen it for me because I had never done anything with it so it had auto-closed.) Put up 49 shirt designs before the month was out and have since left it alone. Today I checked and my 5th shirt (bought by another person, I have purchased some for myself that I won't count - this will also ensure my account stays open forever because if it sells anything it stays, unless you break policy.) has sold. I still have slots to put up 51 new designs (100 design limit) and I'm hoping amazon will let me into the 1000 design tier after that.

I can see the potential in it, it's just been... I'm me. I work on projects for a bit of time and then get distracted. But I'm gonna start doing it again and hope I get more sales. Would be nice to chat about it here from time to time.

afterthought: It's my understanding that you keep the rights to the design, so you can use the same designs you made for amazon to post to redbubble and use both marketplaces for your merch, increasing your chance of a sale.

Edit: I think I qualified as rambling here, I'mma go to bed and answer any further questions tomorrow. Night everybody.

Last edited:
Reactions: jklmnop

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hi hi

I feel like there’s been some weirdness here and wanted to address it. I do think it’s good we’re looking at ourself as a forum introspectively though.

I haven’t jumped ship or left for another forum. I use TH as well, but mainly for TV. That’s about all I post there, not that it should matter. It really shouldn’t be an us vs. then mentality. Both have their strong suits and both their weaknesses. We can coexist. The internet is vast.

I personally haven’t really felt this has been the MTC I fell in love with for a few months now. I still pop in every now and then and still enjoy several of the people and banter here, but it’s just not quite the same. I’ve met some amazing friends and learned quite a few nifty things here and will be eternally grateful.

It’s hard to really pinpoint why exactly it’s felt off and I don’t intend to point any fingers. I think several regular users have been gone and their absence have been felt. Also, for me personally, half the time the daily thread feels more like the sad pandas thread. I don’t mind banter or going off topic, but frequently there are really personal or iffy topics being discussed that might be offputtibg to some, myself included. I think people splintering off into their own chats and workgroups has also had an effect on the forum, as has an influx of new members (which isn’t a bad thing)! This may be a controversial point, but sometimes it seems like the mods and admins aren’t as enthusiastic or invested in our forum anymore, and this trickles down to members as well. Maybe I’m reading things wrong though?

This is way more rambling than I intended, and I’m still not sure if I got my point across. I love MTC and don’t want to see it struggle or implode. It’s just... different.

what staff?

all staff are gone.

Jaded's getting a job?
Electrolyte contributes in bullshit articles that claim bots are running rampant on Turk and people only make pennies on the platform.
Ave/Kryss are living their lives.

Doubt the mods have any interest of buying and maintaining the forum

I ignore most of the forum, the daily thread is a mix of the 30 cool, interesting, entertaining people that were here when I started and /r/mTurk

It just sucks that this place isn't what it used to be :bag:

obligatory:

Last edited:

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score

what staff?

all staff are gone.

Jaded's getting a job.
Electrolyte contributes in bullshit articles that claim bots are running rampant on Turk and people only make pennies on the platform.

Damn, why don't you tell us how you really feel. :blep:

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

what staff?

all staff are gone.

Jaded's getting a job?

I ignore most of the forum, the daily thread is a mix of the 30 cool, interesting, entertaining people that were here when I started and /r/mTurk

It just sucks that this place isn't what it used to be :bag:
Well jklmnop @jklmnop just posted two before this ^^... but I may have just wanted an excuse to type her name.

Reactions: <Gucci> and jklmnop

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Well jklmnop @jklmnop just posted two before this ^^... but I may have just wanted an excuse to type her name.
:D the alphabet is fun!

I think the distinction A6_Foul_Out @A6_Foul_Out meant was admins, not mods. Personally, I appreciate this community and everything y'all do to make this corner of the internet a better place as we go about our daily lives off- and online. Online workers need virtual break rooms to succeed IMO. Thank you for making yours here.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
i feel like MTC is what WCW was when it was headed to its demise in the late 90s

i love what MTC use to be and it’ll always have a soft spot for it because i’ve met some amazing people here. i originally started on MTG and a lot of us transitioned over here to MTC in early 2016

i gave TH a try a year ago, but still remained on MTC mostly. then gave it another try a few months ago after being a bit irritated by certain vibes on MTC. And I gave TH a try and saw a change in work ethic over there. there’s users here on MTC that put in amazing work ethic (don’t get me wrong). They grind like hell and I admire the hell out of them. But overall I feel like the vibes are different between the two. Maybe not everyday, but enough for it to be noticeable if you take a week/2 week sample size.

I see less “mTurk is dead today” when it’s only 6-8am over there than I see on here constantly. I dunno. I have a soft spot for MTC. Always will. I guess I just got tired of the solemn comments here a lot of the times. I don’t want to call it a toxic vibe because toxic is a strong word, but I’ll just leave it at solemn

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I’m not entirely leaving MTC.
i still enjoy people here

and i also want to win Fantasy Football again

Reactions: <Gucci>
Status
Not open for further replies.