Not open for further replies.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
I think I got some advice from last week mixed up because I wasn't sure what was meant by "scripts" and I now know what scripts are haha, does it matter how many Hits you have in Hit catcher? Will too many slow it down or anything so you don't catch much?
Yes. I think most have recommended running 1-4 at a time. I usually run 4 because I like to live dangerously. So, 2 is probably more efficient.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Get notified when our ad writing task launches. If you stay for the whole task, we bonus to approximately $10.50 per hour. | Accept
Requester: Stanford HCI [A2OBPXCZ1Q3PFU] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$21.30] [Pay=4.20] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=4.68] [Comm=4.13] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=48] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=null] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.01
Duration: 1200
Available: 1
Description: Submit this HIT to be notified when our ad writing task launches. Space is limited in our ad writing task but we will run many iterations of it. We run tasks hourly from 9am to 5pm (Pacific time) for up to 2 hours. If you submit this HIT you will receive notifications about our HITs until you have completed that task.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 200; hasBanged DoesNotExist ; Location In US

actually, that qual is wrong; I HAVE actually banged before, thank you very much

Reactions: jklmnop

Minx2121

Reaction score
Yes. I think most have recommended running 1-4 at a time. I usually run 4 because I like to live dangerously. So, 2 is probably more efficient.
Okay, I kind of thought so, thank you :)

Reactions: mboone73

charlie

Reaction score
$24.41 PE so i bested my $20 goal (good). transferred $5.70 to payments (i guess that's good).. hopefully more of what's still pending over the last few days actually start approving. I'm off to bed all. gnight and happy turking!

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
This may be a controversial point, but sometimes it seems like the mods and admins aren’t as enthusiastic or invested in our forum anymore, and this trickles down to members as well. Maybe I’m reading things wrong though?
I think part of this is that they've been around turk forums for so long that some finally decided to take a step back, and I think the forums is much better off with this decision compared to, say... a year and a half ago, where shit was just really intense for no reason half the time. The atmosphere is really different, personally I think it's a good change, but I agree with your other point about the kinds of posts that're made lately. I dunno. Controversial, but, there's some people I miss, but there's some old regulars I definitely do not miss.

Reaction score
Does anybody else here also do Merch by amazon? You guys are cool, I'm already here, and I know everyone here already has an amazon account. Soo...

edit: I should probably ask stuff like that when more people are on.

Reactions: jklmnop

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I think part of this is that they've been around turk forums for so long that some finally decided to take a step back, and I think the forums is much better off with this decision compared to, say... a year and a half ago, where shit was just really intense for no reason half the time. The atmosphere is really different, personally I think it's a good change, but I agree with your other point about the kinds of posts that're made lately. I dunno. Controversial, but, there's some people I miss, but there's some old regulars I definitely do not miss.
I agree with your observations. I was pretty engaged in the forums from early '16 through the end of '17, then took 7 month off from Turking. There are certainly a lot of new faces, but what was more striking to me about MTC was two things:

1. Several people who were central to the community and the daily discussion have either left of stepped back and comment far less frequently. It seems like back in '16 and '17 a larger volume of the daily banter was about things unrelated to Turking, and during the days now I see the conversation tends to stay much more focused on Turking.

2. A lot of the people who were just getting started at MTC or were sort of on the fringes of MTC when I left back in Dec '17 are now very active contributors to the community. This has been great to see.

In a way, there used to more people on MTC who had pretty strong personalities, but their absence has caused a very noticeable vacuum... which is good in many ways because it has allowed other newer members to step up and be leaders. To be honest, the forum is now much more focused on the actual work and far less on these big personalities. Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoyed all of the colorful characters and there are several that I really missed.

But the most important difference I see now is that this has led to more novice Turkers being more vocal and more comfortable asking simple questions in the Daily Work Threads and actually get polite/helpful answers.

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
RIP Xbox live

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
2. A lot of the people who were just getting started at MTC or were sort of on the fringes of MTC when I left back in Dec '17 are now very active contributors to the community. This has been great to see.

In a way, there used to more people on MTC who had pretty strong personalities, but their absence has caused a very noticeable vacuum... which is good in many ways because it has allowed other newer members to step up and be leaders. To be honest, the forum is now much more focused on the actual work and far less on these big personalities. Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoyed all of the colorful characters and there are several that I really missed.

But the most important difference I see now is that this has led to more novice Turkers being more vocal and more comfortable asking simple questions in the Daily Work Threads and actually get polite/helpful answers.
I agree, I had the same problem when I joined this forum as well. It was really overwhelming as a newbie to speak out, and you'd get a lot of mixed tones in responses if you got one at all. I think the forums is a lot more welcoming now where anyone can just fit right in without feeling like they're not part of this club of people that've been around for years.

desallemands

Reaction score
Merch by amazon -- Please explain what it is. Thank yoU !

Does anybody else here also do Merch by amazon? You guys are cool, I'm already here, and I know everyone here already has an amazon account. Soo...

edit: I should probably ask stuff like that when more people are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.