08/16 - Spain Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, now I can't find where it said that from Walmart. I know it was there because I looked. Free delivery for a monthly fee isn't free if they are expecting a tip on top of that. Anyway this at least proves I am not crazy.
Yikes. I guess I'll wait on this. Let me know how it goes for your delivery tomorrow.
P.S. I know you're not crazy - you are sunshine!

HelloHello

Reaction score
Yikes. I guess I'll wait on this. Let me know how it goes for your delivery tomorrow.
P.S. I know you're not crazy - you are sunshine!
Actually, I'm thinking of canceling my order and trial membership. I'll have to think about it. The drivers get paid a flat fee by Walmart for delivering orders if they work for some company like Shipt, etc, and an hourly wage if they work for Wal-mart. I'm not certain then, whomever they work for, that a tip should be given/expected unless like you order a whole side of beef/they have to climb a flight of stairs with the groceries/they are traveling to some remote wilderness. The procedure is they drive up, the groceries are loaded for them, they drive to you and hand you the groceries.

Reactions: Blakkat

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Research Survey Rating Faces - Pre-Screening Survey Required | Accept
Requester: Face Perception Lab [A30EPZSFQGG86W] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$23.66] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: If you qualify after a pre-screening survey, participate in a research study on first impressions that involves rating faces on a personality trait.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Acidhoe

Reaction score
Title: Study of Personnel Decision-making(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Searle Center [A1ETSQDTSUQIOL] (Req TV): $24.36/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
A 20 minute survey. We are trying to learn more about how to improve the decisions that supervisors make that affect the careers of the people they supervise.
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 9
Reward: $2.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [1315885700-239697] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96; CR Research Group #1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US;

"If you correctly answer the survey's key question, you will receive a bonus of $4 for a total of $6.50. "

Last edited:

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, I'm thinking of canceling my order and trial membership. I'll have to think about it. The drivers get paid a flat fee by Walmart for delivering orders if they work for some company like Shipt, etc, and an hourly wage if they work for Wal-mart. I'm not certain then, whomever they work for, that a tip should be given/expected unless like you order a whole side of beef/they have to climb a flight of stairs with the groceries/they are traveling to some remote wilderness. The procedure is they drive up, the groceries are loaded for them, they drive to you and hand you the groceries.
So glad you are doing all my investigating for me, lol. But yeah, sounds like tips should only be based on extraordinary circumstances.

Reactions: HelloHello

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm returning cuz I wasn't paying attention to time. I also hate rating faces...
TV: [Hrly=$23.66] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Description: If you qualify after a pre-screening survey, participate in a research study on first impressions that involves rating faces on a personality trait.

HelloHello

Reaction score
I'm returning cuz I wasn't paying attention to time. I also hate rating faces...
Screened out on age!

• Haha

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Tired, somewhat hungry, and not willing to do any more hits tonight. Good night - wishing everyone heavy pockets full of mturk cash. I only have one pocket semi-filled, but hey, it's a Sunday, and tomorrow holds promises!

HelloHello

Reaction score
So glad you are doing all my investigating for me, lol. But yeah, sounds like tips should only be based on extraordinary circumstances.
To further muddy the waters:
https://help.doordash.com/dashers/s/article/Walmart-Grocery-Delivery-Information?language=en_US
Note that Walmart neither requires nor expects customer tipping for its deliveries, but it is OK to accept cash tips if offered. Once you're finished, “Slide after delivery” in the app like normal.
AND
https://thegrocerystoreguy.com/does-doordash-deliver-for-walmart/
Yes, DoorDash does deliver from Walmart, currently in 46 states in the US. Unlike Instacart, they do not charge more than the store price, and Walmart recommends not tipping drivers.

So, still cannot find the original article about tipping being verboten but I am not going to cancel my order for tomorrow and I will see what service delivers it. If it is other than Walmart that delivers it and they have their hand out for a tip I will cancel. Walmart needs to pay enough for their delivery service that drivers aren't dependent on tips to make it so they are not adding hidden fees to my costs with tipping on top of a monthly subscription. I'll go to Amazon Prime and order from Whole Foods and I'll treat them the same.
When I order from Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc via delivery by USPS, FedX, USPS they don't get a tip when the delivery is free so . . .

Last edited:
  • Love

JCIII

Reaction score
I use Amazon Fresh mostly but can get Whole foods delivery as well. With Amazon Fresh You get free delivery fee if your order is at least $35.00 they put in a $5.00 tip that is charged if you don't change it (in fact the tip portion is delayed 1 day and you can up or down the tip as you want).

They deliver in 2 hour windows here starting at 6:00 AM and last spot is from 10:00 PM to Midnight. I mostly have stuff delivered in the 6:00 to 8:00 AM window. My last delivery was requested at 8:54 PM and it was at my door at 10:10 PM.

All the cold and frozen stuff arrives cold/frozen as appropriate, when you track your order you can see on the map exactly where your driver is and how many stops before yours is up. During delivery you can even message your driver if you need to ( I never have).

In over 20 delivery's over the last few months I have never had a item missing or damaged, they always deliver in the delivery window you pick.

I have been impressed and very happy with the service.

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Take a survey on AI perception | Accept
Requester: Huigang Liang [A2WPNMVD0T84A8] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: Answer questions based on your perceptions of AI
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95

HelloHello

Reaction score
I use Amazon Fresh mostly but can get Whole foods delivery as well. With Amazon Fresh You get free delivery fee if your order is at least $35.00 they put in a $5.00 tip that is charged if you don't change it (in fact the tip portion is delayed 1 day and you can up or down the tip as you want).

They deliver in 2 hour windows here starting at 6:00 AM and last spot is from 10:00 PM to Midnight. I mostly have stuff delivered in the 6:00 to 8:00 AM window. My last delivery was requested at 8:54 PM and it was at my door at 10:10 PM.

All the cold and frozen stuff arrives cold/frozen as appropriate, when you track your order you can see on the map exactly where your driver is and how many stops before yours is up. During delivery you can even message your driver if you need to ( I never have).

In over 20 delivery's over the last few months I have never had a item missing or damaged, they always deliver in the delivery window you pick.

I have been impressed and very happy with the service.
I have a problem with being charged a subscription for delivery and then paying more if the delivery shows up as it si supposed to - I mean, I already paid for that!

JCIII

Reaction score
There is no extra fee to use Fresh or Whole Foods other than having Prime. Since I use the heck out of prime anyway for video and delivery of stuff I normally buy anyway it's a no brainer for me.

HelloHello

Reaction score
There is no extra fee to use Fresh or Whole Foods other than having Prime. Since I use the heck out of prime anyway for video and delivery of stuff I normally buy anyway it's a no brainer for me.
To me, a tip is an extra fee.

JCIII

Reaction score
Well you at the time of the order or up to 24 hours after the delivery can remove the tip if you want to.

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Last edited:

Skittles

It's Pumpkinninny!
Reaction score
Tired, somewhat hungry, and not willing to do any more hits tonight. Good night - wishing everyone heavy pockets full of mturk cash. I only have one pocket semi-filled, but hey, it's a Sunday, and tomorrow holds promises!
I have a pocket full of cheese and pepperoni

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.