08/15 - Moving People on the Millionaire Show on Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
I actually had my classes paid for by the state.. but rent for 1br is ~600-1200/mo here... so... yeah..

(That is why I am moving lol this week it cost too much to live here lol)
My last semester I was interning as a student teacher and also working retail to pay for the place I had to live. My scholarships covered 4 years, my degree took 4.5. I taught 6 classes with 2 prep periods and then went to Walmart from 4-10pm so I could afford to pay where I lived. I also worked weekends. Was a huge pain just to live but I also was doing an internship where I had to come up with all my lessons when I had no down time whatsoever. Was the worst 6 month period ever lol.

All of my personal ranting aside, I agree rents too much, but thats way more than what I pay for mine currently.

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
My last semester I was interning as a student teacher and also working retail to pay for the place I had to live. My scholarships covered 4 years, my degree took 4.5. I taught 6 classes with 2 prep periods and then went to Walmart from 4-10pm so I could afford to pay where I lived. I also worked weekends. Was a huge pain just to live but I also was doing an internship where I had to come up with all my lessons when I had no down time whatsoever. Was the worst 6 month period ever lol.

All of my personal ranting aside, I agree rents too much, but thats way more than what I pay for mine currently.
Holy hell that's a lot of classes for a teaching associate.

Randomacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Yeah .. getting a job in my city... not really a thing... well it is.. and it isn't..

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article86153657.html

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
Holy hell that's a lot of classes for a teaching associate.
I pretty much was the teacher for a full semester and the one getting paid had a free break besides advising me. Thats what I was there for, but I think if thats how it works we should get paid instead of having our internship suffer if we have to have a job as well to live. I performed extremely well though when I was judged but it still bothers me a little bit that the teacher who got paid pretty much had a free semester while I did everything.

Reactions: redtokyoboxers

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Off to bed, but first, some ASMR for you guys. :sleep:

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
I pretty much was the teacher for a full semester and the one getting paid had a free break besides advising me. Thats what I was there for, but I think if thats how it works we should get paid instead of having our internship suffer if we have to have a job as well to live. I performed extremely well though when I was judged but it still bothers me a little bit that the teacher who got paid pretty much had a free semester while I did everything.
Good resume builder if you're interested in academia though.

I taught two classes in the fall and winter quarters of my last year of grad school. I was paid but between my own classes and having a family it was a lot, so my hat is off to you for six unpaid. I actually had to turn down classes during that spring quarter so I could jam through my thesis.

Randomacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That sucks. You will always have mturk though.
mturk isn't really enough to afford to live here.

Want to go out to eat? Expect to spend $15+ a head at most places.. A lot are $20+

Nothing is cheap here..

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
mturk isn't really enough to afford to live here.

Want to go out to eat? Expect to spend $15+ a head at most places.. A lot are $20+

Nothing is cheap here..
I'm a dollar menu and super cheap bulk meal type of guy. Only reason I pay so little in food.

My biggest splurge is sushi or pizza lol.

Reactions: Yuk

Dude

Reaction score
I would ask how you ended up doing all of those but I don't think I want to know
7 hours, nifty split, scripts. Also picking out the right ones, some of them have like 300 schools then you might have a batch of 300 that has literally one single school.

Reactions: Yuk

Randomacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm a dollar menu and super cheap bulk meal type of guy. Only reason I pay so little in food.

My biggest splurge is sushi or pizza lol.
I just cook :) I can feed myself for ~$40/mo perhaps a bit less.

costco ftw

Hotlamp

Thats Not Me
Reaction score
Good resume builder if you're interested in academia though.

I taught two classes in the fall and winter quarters of my last year of grad school. I was paid but between my own classes and having a family it was a lot, so my hat is off to you for six unpaid. I actually had to turn down classes during that spring quarter so I could jam through my thesis.
Yeah I won't do it again unless I'm paid. Especially if I have to have a side job. Lesson planning really killed me. I'm a really lazy/chill guy. I like my game time. Working 7am-10pm days sucked.

I just cook :) I can feed myself for ~$40/mo perhaps a bit less.

costco ftw
Ayy. Cheaper than me. I try and keep it below 100 a month. If I'm all grocery stuff its around 60-80. If I add fast food and other stuff its 100ish.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Tell us what you think about men's faces for $1.10! (approximately 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: ESClabs [A1U8RL0GPUGR86] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.10 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.40 Generosity
★★★★ 4.71 Fairness
★★★★ 4.75 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 79 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Rate a number of men's faces for attractiveness (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.)
Time: 8 hours
HITs Available: 44
Reward: $1.10
Qualifications: Facial Ratings is 1;Total approved HITs is greater than 100;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;Location is one of: AU, CA, GB, NZ, US;Adult Content Qualification is 1

Status
Not open for further replies.