08/14 - Wonderful Wednesday!

Success mostly comes from:

• Forces outside of my control, natural talent, luck.

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Hard work and persistence.

Votes: 33 66.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

This week has been pretty slow it seems, but I hope some great things fall into our laps today! Keep your chins up!

Onward and upward, troops! :wink:

Last edited:

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
OMG, TotalBabe @TotalBabe brought out the lost art called Handwriting! Good job and legible!

Is it me or does it seem like that since we type and swipe so much today that our handwriting looks tons worse than it did years ago when we would do a lot more writing?

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
OMG, TotalBabe @TotalBabe brought out the lost art called Handwriting! Good job and legible!

Is it me or does it seem like that since we type and swipe so much today that our handwriting looks tons worse than it did years ago when we would do a lot more writing?

My handwriting is complete garbage but always has been. I’m impatient when writing, and now the with addition of arthritis in my right thumb and constant pain, I can’t be bothered most of the time

jan

Reaction score

My mother had beautiful handwriting. She went to catholic school and they taught her writing by making spiral circles between the lines (like tunnels across the page).

I have nice handwriting - too.

My daughter just recently 'taught' herself to read script. I've been urging her to at least learn how to sign her name - she was never taught script - so she prints everything :(

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
My mother had beautiful handwriting. She went to catholic school and they taught her writing by making spiral circles between the lines (like tunnels across the page).

I have nice handwriting - too.

My daughter just recently 'taught' herself to read script. I've been urging her to at least learn how to sign her name - she was never taught script - so she prints everything :(
I got a sheet so the kids could practice. 1st grade a little bit too young for it but 1st and 3rd grade girls so far they love it. (I babysat a now 3rd grader a lot)

Reactions: LucyO and jan

jan

Reaction score
I got a sheet so the kids could practice. 1st grade a little bit too young for it but 1st and 3rd grade girls so far they love it. (I babysat a now 3rd grader a lot)
I remember learning script in 3rd grade. I think people should learn some script.

OTOH, in another century - we might hardly be writing at all (all voice to text). It might be a dying art..........

cassius

Reaction score

authur - ritis.

• Love
Reactions: savvy and jan

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
I remember learning script in 3rd grade. I think people should learn some script.

OTOH, in another century - we might hardly be writing at all (all voice to text). It might be a dying art..........
We've just got to keep it going!

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Woah that's a first!
Was going to hook up my Amazon Pay to another bank account (major chain bank) I guess not!

"Greetings from Amazon Payments,
Your Friday, August 9, 2019 request to withdraw USD 21.86 to your bank account was not successful."

jan

Reaction score
Woah that's a first!
Was going to hook up my Amazon Pay to another bank account (major chain bank) I guess not!

"Greetings from Amazon Payments,
Your Friday, August 9, 2019 request to withdraw USD 21.86 to your bank account was not successful."
someone said something about that the other day. (mine have all gone through, tho)

• Sad
Reactions: theturkscribe

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Lydia Woodyatt for work related to 3IVEC1GSLPZPQR3KOT8V9TTQ4RLJ1E.
The value of your bonus is: $0.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank-you for your efforts on our survey.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Good Morning!

So, I went a little crazy yesterday and ripped up the awful carpet that covered the stairs. I've wanted to do it for some time, but I just never got round to it. I was sitting there looking at it, and I just couldn't stand it anymore. I just went over there and started pulling it up. After I was done, I had to go purchase a palm sander and sand the crap out of what was underneath and then prep and stain it.... I did every other stair, so today I have to work on the ones that didn't get done yesterday...It looks pretty good, but imo, anything was better than that awful carpet! - oh, and I have to finish cleaning up the thin layer of dust that is on everything in between bouts of turking...

Status
Not open for further replies.