08/14 - Poo Posting Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurama96

Reaction score
Hey guys MTurk employee here. Starting tomorrow we are removing the ability for requesters to post new HITs and blocking new requesters. All existing HITs will be removed as well. Furthermore, when visiting MTurk, there will be redirect to our new page p9r.com where you can work on the thousands of new p9r HITs that we all know and love. Captchas will have to be entered after every HIT now. Happy Turking!

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Hey guys MTurk employee here. Starting tomorrow we are removing the ability for requesters to post new HITs and blocking new requesters. All existing HITs will be removed as well. Furthermore, when visiting MTurk, there will be redirect to our new page p9r.com where you can work on the thousands of new p9r HITs that we all know and love. Captchas will have to be entered after every HIT now. Happy Turking!
I'm glad mturk finally heeded my advice.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
Weird, I could have sworn I was awake, but looks like I am having a nightmare. So realistic too...

Reactions: Kurama96

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
I just slept 8 hours with a laptop on my chest and mouse in my hand. Turk Life.

The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Aug 13, 2016.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 3,058

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 3,152
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $1.36
- HIT reward earned: $266.02
- Total Amount earned this week: $267.38

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
Rep Present

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hi guys, had a terrible week and have some bad news. My dog Baxter was diagnosed with lymphoma late last week after we noticed him acting a bit strange and having a little trouble breathing. Without treatment and only on steroids, average is 2-4 months. We started his meds yesterday and have about 3 more days to decide whether we are going to start any chemotherapy treatment, which I'm talking to the vet tomorrow about and hopefully won't cost an arm and a leg. Any treatment for lymphoma is designed to put the cancer into remission for a short period and after it relapses, palliative care is called for, because there is no cure. So my beautiful and strong 6 year old German Shepherd now has an aggressive fatal disease and my world has crashed down around me. I have to call my boss today and talk to her about how I might not be able to keep it together at work this week. Tough stuff. Please hug all your pets tonight for me!

- Number of HITs submitted: 574

- Number of HITs approved: 622
- Bonus reward earned: $11.75
- HIT reward earned: $187.30
- Total Amount earned this week: $199.05

AlphaFemale

Contributor
Reaction score
- Number of HITs submitted: 1,113

- Number of HITs approved: 1,755
- Number of HITs rejected: 13
- Bonus reward earned: $14.25
- HIT reward earned: $261.19
- Total Amount earned this week: $275.44

Those Andrew Shins... so many rejects. I'm curious though, because on the 'correct the description of a human' hits I've seen a lot that were perfectly fine descriptions, but the video didn't load correctly. Same thing happened when I was checking them before those. I emailed the guy that there wasn't a button for bad video. I'm thinking he may have put in some bad rejects because of video failures.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hi guys, had a terrible week and have some bad news. My dog Baxter was diagnosed with lymphoma late last week after we noticed him acting a bit strange and having a little trouble breathing. Without treatment and only on steroids, average is 2-4 months. We started his meds yesterday and have about 3 more days to decide whether we are going to start any chemotherapy treatment, which I'm talking to the vet tomorrow about and hopefully won't cost an arm and a leg. Any treatment for lymphoma is designed to put the cancer into remission for a short period and after it relapses, palliative care is called for, because there is no cure. So my beautiful and strong 6 year old German Shepherd now has an aggressive fatal disease and my world has crashed down around me. I have to call my boss today and talk to her about how I might not be able to keep it together at work this week. Tough stuff. Please hug all your pets tonight for me!

:hug: I am so sorry you are going through that. I know how painful it is.

Reactions: bxpretzel

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
:hug: I am so sorry you are going through that. I know how painful it is.
Thank you. Nobody warns you about these things when you get a dog and it becomes your best friend. It's absolutely awful and I wouldn't wish this on my enemies.

Reactions: coffeeowl

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through a tough time.

buga kingz

drama queen
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
- Number of HITs submitted: 40

- Number of HITs approved: 40
- HIT reward earned: $1.96
- Total Amount earned this week: $1.96

Hm, yeah, I've been a little out of control this week.

EnterNameHere

Contributor
Reaction score
- Number of HITs submitted: 183

- Number of HITs approved: 201
- Bonus reward earned: $16.09
- HIT reward earned: $151.85
- Total Amount earned this week: $167.94

Just slightly south of last week's earnings, and comfortably over my minimum, if-I'm-not-making-this-much-then-why-bother? figure of $100 weekly. I'll take it. Happy Sunday and happy turking, peeps. :)

TurkeyTrot

Reaction score
The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Aug 13, 2016.

- Number of HITs submitted: 4,620

- Number of HITs approved: 4,305
- Number of HITs rejected: 1
- HIT reward earned: $262.78
- Total Amount earned this week: $262.78

One rejection was Buckner for incomplete - don't remember doing that, but one reject out of the 30 I did, I won't give him hell. I probably deserved it lol.

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
- Number of HITs submitted: 1,113

- Number of HITs approved: 1,755
- Number of HITs rejected: 13
- Bonus reward earned: $14.25
- HIT reward earned: $261.19
- Total Amount earned this week: $275.44

Those Andrew Shins... so many rejects. I'm curious though, because on the 'correct the description of a human' hits I've seen a lot that were perfectly fine descriptions, but the video didn't load correctly. Same thing happened when I was checking them before those. I emailed the guy that there wasn't a button for bad video. I'm thinking he may have put in some bad rejects because of video failures.
They seem to reverse them if messaged (he did for me) but seems they shouldn't just reject based on other turkers opinions, if that's what he's doing.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
I am so sorry. [hug]

(and turtles don't like snuggles, but I'll let her know you were thinking of her.)

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
- Number of HITs submitted: 1,048

- Number of HITs approved: 1,380
- Bonus reward earned: $13.60
- HIT reward earned: $119.77
- Total Amount earned this week: $133.37

Under my goal by quite a bit. I really hope they get the lag issue fixed asap.

bxpretzel @bxpretzel I'm so sorry about your dog. I hope you and the vet can come up with a good treatment plan for your baby.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.