Status
Not open for further replies.

Horse Feathers

There's no future in time travel.
Contributor
Reaction score
most things are bad on prolific

also adding the extra charge for all paypal payments was a slap in the face
I started doing their prescreening questions which never effing ended. Pretty sure they've used them more to screen me out than anything. After my last cash out, I quit doing prolific.

Reactions: YAHU

Achilles2357

Reaction score
I should have returned it much sooner, but I kept thinking that it must be almost over.
then when a fourth type of e/i genre of task started, I realized that at the most, I was only 75% the way through.

I sent prolific a message asking how to block a researcher that falsifies their task description. I also asked them how to return a survey that I didn't finish, but CTRL+Q automatically puts the survey code in. since she'd see that it's incomplete, the survey code would have eventually been rejected anyway.
So far as I can tell, Prolific "guarantees" payment at a "minimum wage" rate. I say this because I know they assert this somewhere on the site, and I once emailed them after I tried to do a study that had a lower stated rate, and complained, and they emailed me back to say that they would require compensation for any underpaid studies. (As it turns out, I later actually did another version of the study I was complaining about, and there was some bonus involved, and it probably came out to the minimum stated rate.)

I don't know how this guarantee is supposed to work in practice. Most of the studies I've done since then have not excessively overrun their expected time, but I haven't calculated. I know they did send out emails trying to get people to do the study you're discussing, and I clicked on it, but threw it back since I can't do Inquisit since I'm using linux. I'd bet that since they're putting out extra effort to get this study done, they'd be willing to listen to any complaints.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
So far as I can tell, Prolific "guarantees" payment at a "minimum wage" rate. I say this because I know they assert this somewhere on the site, and I once emailed them after I tried to do a study that had a lower stated rate, and complained, and they emailed me back to say that they would require compensation for any underpaid studies. (As it turns out, I later actually did another version of the study I was complaining about, and there was some bonus involved, and it probably came out to the minimum stated rate.)

I don't know how this guarantee is supposed to work in practice. Most of the studies I've done since then have not excessively overrun their expected time, but I haven't calculated. I know they did send out emails trying to get people to do the study you're discussing, and I clicked on it, but threw it back since I can't do Inquisit since I'm using linux. I'd bet that since they're putting out extra effort to get this study done, they'd be willing to listen to any complaints.
yea, I've mostly had decent experiences there, but I think this is a case of a requester thinking that if they throw £5 on it, everyone will want to do it, regardless of length of time.

which is funny, since the length of time causes attrition and loss of attention, especially on an inquisit task

I didn't know they sent out emails about it. probably because lots of people are either returning it, or it's expiring on them since it only has a 2.5 hour timer on it, and for all I know, it takes longer than that. I was only 3/4 through it, and I was almost at the two hour mark when I decided to take the loss

Reactions: SCOTTM

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
the emails have been recent for me. It's also always some 5-6 monopoly money survey which is only $7 or so here

and then you remember theres a 20 blippity blap fee +2.9% of whatever you want to cash out, so that makes it even less.

Reactions: Horse Feathers

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
there was a shooting at a target down the street from where I used to live with my exgirlfriend, near cottman and bustleton in Philadelphia.
lots of emotions right now
I dont usually miss my ex that badly, especially since it's been 5.5 years now. but seeing the area we lived in made it all come back right fast.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
1 hour left for dibs!
if you do call it, please tag me or else I might miss it

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Images Experiment | PANDA
Requester: Jonathon Walters [A1GTYMVFJHROI3] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: An experiment conducted by Stanford University on human decision-making, learning, and memory.
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $7.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 1;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90;Location is US;Adult Content Qualification is 1
Darn, I keep forgetting you have to be 18 - 40 for this. I got it, but I'm giving it back in a couple minutes at 11:30pm CA time if anyone is looking for it.

Last edited:

Tarl

Reaction score
Throwing back the $7.00 Walters hit. Age requirements AND it says cookies need to be enabled (they are). Have at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.