Not open for further replies.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

Reactions: JanetW

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

Reactions: JanetW and Merovign

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Midnight on a Saturday morn, these are good for numbers. I may crank tunes and do a few more. Anyone want to post a script, may be of interest

Title: Same Item (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | Accept
Requester: Amazon Requester Inc. - A9 Data Validation [A3HLF55H6JSTI0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.16] [Pay=Low] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.54] [Fast=3.90] [Comm=2.98] [Fair=3.95] [Reviews=142] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.01
Duration: 3:00
Available: 42266
Description: --
Qualifications: Blocked DoesNotExist ; Category Validation Qualification EqualTo 10; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
National Dollar Day
National Garage Sale Day
National Bowling Day
National Happiness Happens Day
National Frozen Custard Day
National CBD Day
Global Sleep Under The Stars Night
National Sneak Some Zucchini Into Your Neighbot's Porch Day

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like Media Psychology Lab is rejecting everyone. Even me. :confused: :disapprove: Bad news requester. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Seems they just make up an excuse and auto-reject. Period.
Just looked I got one too. Missed attention check. Anyone else?

alk69

Reaction score
Just looked I got one too. Missed attention check. Anyone else?
All I can think is that TO and TV must have been acting up that day, 'cause I would never have done anything for a requester with that chain of bad reviews. This is a known scammer. And I missed that. Of course this isn't actually my fault. It's on the requester. And on Amazon who allows it....everybody didn't miss the AC.

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
All I can think is that TO and TV must have been acting up that day, 'cause I would never have done anything for a requester with that chain of bad reviews. This is a known scammer. And I missed that. Of course this isn't actually my fault. It's on the requester. And on Amazon who allows it....everybody didn't miss the AC.
Going to send them a nasty email calling them just what they are SCAMMERS!

alk69

Reaction score
Email the ethics board. It gets a better response. I haven't seen an address for that. Maybe there isn't one.

Reactions: KYKITTY

jan

Reaction score
Title: Answer survey questions related to an Instagram post | Accept
Requester: Dong Hoang [A5JJRTKHDVPD] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.16] [Pay=Good] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Review an Instagram post and answer a questionnaire which takes about 5 minutes. Each Instagram post will be viewed by 3 workers, your result will be checked against other workers to determine accuracy.
Qualifications: None

jan

Reaction score
often, when everyone gets rejected - there is a problem with the way the survey is set up (it automates the rejections).

Almost every time this happens, it gets fixed.

If the researcher is affiliated with a university/college - it HAS to go through the IRB. So, just find out what academic institution they work for - and email it.

Reactions: Trucker and alk69

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
often, when everyone gets rejected - there is a problem with the way the survey is set up (it automates the rejections).

Almost every time this happens, it gets fixed.

If the researcher is affiliated with a university/college - it HAS to go through the IRB. So, just find out what academic institution they work for - and email it.
From the review sites, it looks like this outfit has a habit of mass rejections. Still, a polite e-mail asking for a more detailed explanation first never hurts. You never know it may actually be an honest mistake. If they don't respond or don't seem willing to work with people by overturning the rejections THEN send the pitchforks and torches after them. :mob::mob::mob:

jan

Reaction score
just made a big bowl of cabbage salad (w/tahini dressing :).

Had to go outside to deal with the compost.

Returned, and the dog was eating it.
:cliff:

Status
Not open for further replies.