08/07 - Shooting Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
I was wanting one for reading... especially while sitting in the doctors' office now that we have a waiting time. (Thanks cuts...) And for a couple silly passive games I play. And now that my phone is trashed, it's be great for kik & the things I used that for (Like keeping an eye on the weather while the sirens are going off...) So if I can unlock it, yay! :D
I think I posted a link to the instructions somewhere onsite...one sec.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

sudilly

Bubble Hell Avenger
Contributor
Reaction score
well, i was speaking more of flavored sparkling waters, like the kinds that are in your neighborhood grocery, next to the tonics and seltzers. you know, cherry sparkling water, peach, etc...

they are the reason I was able to quit soda.
my addiction was terrible. 2, sometimes 3 12 packs of sprite or cokecola would be consumed daily.
I'd keep two cans of soda as 'backup'
I'd drink them even if they've been in the hot car all day long.

It took a lot to admit that I had a soda problem.
It took some teeth.
It took some of my stomach lining.
It took my paychecks.

I knew I had to give up, but I didn't know where to go for help
who I could turn to
who I could trust

One day while crawling through the soda aisle trying to get away from the coke-brands, i bumped into the bottles of water opposite, and lay in a daze, staring up towards the ceiling, past the guy with the mop that was poking me.

All of a sudden I had a moment of clarity
A moment of focus!
Literally, I focused on the bottles of sparkling water on the shelf.

I remembered the days in my youth when my dad would bring home a blue glass of Clearly Canadian, wild cherry flavored sparkling water, and I remembered how it tasted like soda. but cherry soda. so it was ok, even if it wasn't sprite or dr pepper or anything.

So I stood up, and looked at the ingredients - no sugar. Yea, there's three sugar substitutes, in very small amounts, but comparable to the sodas I was used to at that point, it's nothing.

I've been drinking about 4 liters per day, since then.
Like 8 years soda free

Coconut Pineapple Sparkling Ice cured me of my Dr Pepper addiction. I have to have about 6 Sparkling Ice a day now.

Reactions: Vanyanka

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
That's not my reddit handle I have an imposter ew
It used to be that every time I heard/read "Gucci," I thought of my brother and Confessions of a Shopaholic (he and I watch terrible romcoms together, that's our thing), but now I think of you. So I am a little bitter towards you because of that. Just so you know.

Reactions: <Gucci>

Kurama96

Reaction score
Thanks to whoever posted that $8 HIT. It was hell but got me over my goal!

Reactions: <Gucci>

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
Coconut Pineapple Sparkling Ice cured me of my Dr Pepper addiction. I have to have about 6 Sparkling Ice a day now.
Holy shit, that much Sucralose in a day cannot possibly be better for you than Dr Pepper.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It used to be that every time I heard/read "Gucci," I thought of my brother and Confessions of a Shopaholic (he and I watch terrible romcoms together, that's our thing), but now I think of you. So I am a little bitter towards you because of that. Just so you know.
Well if it makes you feel any better I couldn't think of anything original besides my dogs name. Now I'm a forum dog among all cat people :arghh:

Reactions: essjay

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
That's why I like La Croix and Perrier. Mostly natural.
Yeah, I mostly drink either water (or sparkling water) with lime/lemon or unsweetened iced tea. I am glad I never developed a sweet tooth. I occasionally have a Coke, but that's super rare.

I've never had La Croix.
o_O

Onyxbird

Fearless
Reaction score
I like Izze's, if I want to get off the soda craze, still more sugar than I need, but the bubbles from the sparkling water satisfies the craving well enough.

Reactions: Vanyanka

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
55 minutes left for dibs!
if you do call it, please tag me or else I might miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.