08/06 - Stargate SG1 Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
Getting Masters used to be a lot more predictable. It was given out way more frequently. The mturk population was way lower which made it easier for Amazon to have some sort of criteria for giving it out. Now there are way more turkers and way more that probably blow whatever statistics Amazon used out of the water so now they are sitting around scratching their heads on who to give it to and giving it to everyone that "earns" it is not an option. They have to keep the masters ratio low as to sell it to requesters that they have an elite group of people that can do their hits. Unfortunately, for the people that started turking in the past year or so, you missed the boat on masters.

ellie

not to disappear
Reaction score
pretty sure i was part of the last batch of masters given out

thank you mturk jesus

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
~1 minute

Title: Preferences Survey | PANDA
Requester: amanda [AXLXMY1CP3MAV] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 3.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.58 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.76 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.64 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 50
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Super quick survey. We're interested in what you would choose.
Time: 3 hours
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US

Reactions: <Gucci>

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Getting Masters used to be a lot more predictable. It was given out way more frequently. The mturk population was way lower which made it easier for Amazon to have some sort of criteria for giving it out. Now there are way more turkers and way more that probably blow whatever statistics Amazon used out of the water so now they are sitting around scratching their heads on who to give it to and giving it to everyone that "earns" it is not an option. They have to keep the masters ratio low as to sell it to requesters that they have an elite group of people that can do their hits. Unfortunately, for the people that started turking in the past year or so, you missed the boat on masters.
I honestly think Amazon failed with what they had hoped to accomplish with the Masters quals. I don't think as many requesters bought into it as they were hoping. So I think they just ended up raising fees across the board so they could stop giving a shit about it. Normal HITs used to have a 10% fee and masters HITs had a 30% fee. Now, it's what? 20% and 25%? I wouldn't be surprised if they just get rid of it at some point.

El Pablo

ಠ_ಠ
Contributor
Reaction score
I honestly think Amazon failed with what they had hoped to accomplish with the Masters quals. I don't think as many requesters bought into it as they were hoping. So I think they just ended up raising fees across the board so they could stop giving a shit about it. Normal HITs used to have a 10% fee and masters HITs had a 30% fee. Now, it's what? 20% and 25%? I wouldn't be surprised if they just get rid of it at some point.
They'll get rid of it but still leave it around. Like categorization and photo mod masters.

Reactions: <Gucci> and aveline

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Last edited:

Yuk

Reaction score
If they do end up getting rid of it they better implement some threshold for removing captchas or else

Status
Not open for further replies.