08/04 - Tim the Tool Man Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
Seems like it's the type of work for a research firm. It appears to me that the company that hired Dustin for this is trying to get off rather cheaply.
Yea definitely... I am pretty sure these last few tasks will be sitting for a while. Some of the tasks were really great the rest were pretty shit tbh and these last ones are brutal.

Finding family members for .15 is definitely not happening even with a .10 or .20 bonus

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
the price could be a major factor in him getting the contract :tinfoil:
Yeah, I'm assuming it is. It's unfortunate though because companies typically pay a lot of money for this type of research.

Reactions: Drwho10

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm assuming it is. It's unfortunate though because companies typically pay a lot of money for this type of research.
oh i'm sure they're making some major bank off that data even more now that they got turkers

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Only way to come out on top is to partner up with Dustin :p

Reactions: kryss

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
Yes and I am sure he is making a nice piece of change for this as well...

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Yes and I am sure he is making a nice piece of change for this as well...
Oh I'm sure, but it's probably a fraction of what this type of work typically brings.

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to work directly for a requester or a company that posts hits ? Like sent them a letter stating an interest with a resume asking if any positions are open?

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to work directly for a requester or a company that posts hits ? Like sent them a letter stating an interest with a resume asking if any positions are open?
Happens from time to time. I've been contracted a few times to do the full load of work a new requester needed done off platform... but I think arranging things off platform is against the rules. >.>

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
He's not kidding about the graphically violent images, FYI.

Title: Emotion & Appraisal (WARNING: Includes sexually explicit and graphically violent images) | PANDA
Requester: Luke Chang [A2VZMCOVW3CCPE] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.60 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.15 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 46
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Respond to emotionally-evocative photos by rating your experience of specific emotion or feeling. WARNING: Some images are extremely graphic in nature or contain nudity and sexual situations. NSFW!
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is US

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Happens from time to time. I've been contracted a few times to do the full load of work a new requester needed done off platform... but I think arranging things off platform is against the rules. >.>
oh i didn't know that. Figured it would be a good opportunity to network with some companies... wouldn't hurt to try lol. And that's cool you get contracted now and then

Reactions: Ghost Awakening
Reaction score
Yea definitely... I am pretty sure these last few tasks will be sitting for a while. Some of the tasks were really great the rest were pretty shit tbh and these last ones are brutal.

Finding family members for .15 is definitely not happening even with a .10 or .20 bonus
I skipped the whole family batch entirely. I just peeked at the other ones. I don't feel their is the money-vation/bonus-vation to consider it. It looked like the family one has going down (seemed it was being hammed) in the morning

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
oh i didn't know that. Figured it would be a good opportunity to network with some companies... wouldn't hurt to try lol. And that's cool you get contracted now and then
It's def not a bad thing to try, especially if you have a marketable skill set. You can also look into Upwork... pretty good place to set up that exact sort of situation.

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
I skipped the whole family batch entirely. I just peeked at the other ones. I don't feel their is the money-vation/bonus-vation to consider it. It looked like the family one has going down (seemed it was being hammed) in the morning
Yea I have done about 50-60 family ones but it was mostly in the morning waiting for other shit to come up.

Randomacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Still awful but somehow better then I thought I would do tonight...

Today's Projected Earnings: $33.06 + Bonuses: $4.45 = $37.51

I hope to break 40 at least...

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
hey, I'm looking on greasyfork for the script that breaks down your daily HITs, totals, bonuses, etc. Having a hard time finding it. Anyone know the title off hand? TY

"Today's Projected Earnings" <---that

Status
Not open for further replies.