08/04 - Start Typing Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Reaction score
She's going to sue, she may not get money. My real issue with the whole thing is, when did people stop looking at things before they ingested them? And is that someone else's fault? And was that the same time we started expecting minimum wage employees at a fast food joints to not make mistakes?
Hey, now. It's coffee to go (so it had a cover on it)
I got in the car with my daughter and we started to drive home. There was a lot of coffee in mine (not sure about hers). But they had just cleaned out the machine and the residue was in there. It was seriously undrinkable (you could totally taste the cleaner). I was pretty shocked.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hey, now. It's coffee to go (so it had a cover on it)
I got in the car with my daughter and we started to drive home. There was a lot of coffee in mine (not sure about hers). But they had just cleaned out the machine and the residue was in there. It was seriously undrinkable (you could totally taste the cleaner). I was pretty shocked.
Nooooo. Not you!! The person who sued. She wasn't dealing with the same things as you. I've seen no statements regarding her attention being split between a bunch of different things. And the last part of that post. It was an honest mistake. You realized that. She did not.

EDIT Also, hers was mostly cleaner. The cleaner was hooked to the dairy line, which is the lion's share of a latte. She should have smelled it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jan

jan

Reaction score
I have some kind of newer energy efficient windows - my daughter broke one yesterday (she says: I don't know how. I was sweeping.......and I don't know what happened).
So, I don't know the manufacturer. If I just pull out a screen that fits *that* window, can home depot or someplace identify it for me?

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I have some kind of newer energy efficient windows - my daughter broke one yesterday (she says: I don't know how. I was sweeping.......and I don't know what happened).
So, I don't know the manufacturer. If I just pull out a screen that fits *that* window, can home depot or someplace identify it for me?
Maybe. I'd take a photo too. Sometimes the manufacturer's name is in an inconspicuous spot. Like if they can be tilted in for cleaning, check the sides that would normally be hidden by the frame. Or on the under side of the sill. If they were expensive, they are usually labeled somewhere with, at least a name, maybe a number and/or an energy efficiency rating. Also, sometimes it is a "watermark" type thing in the corner of the glass.

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Or you could schedule a free home estimate for replacement windows. Play dumb when they say, "But these look recently replaced." Then ask, if they know what brand they are. :)

jan

Reaction score
Maybe. I'd take a photo too. Sometimes the manufacturer's name is in an inconspicuous spot. Like if they can be tilted in for cleaning, check the sides that would normally be hidden by the frame. Or on the under side of the sill. If they were expensive, they are usually labeled somewhere with, at least a name, maybe a number and/or an energy efficiency rating. Also, sometimes it is a "watermark" type thing in the corner of the glass.
Oh, that gives me an idea: I think I'll just pop one out and bring that in. Thanks!

eta: I checked everywhere for marks. I can't see anything. They aren't anderson......)

Reactions: Jerami

jan

Reaction score
Title: Watch a short video clip and give us your opinions (~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Research Group [A2S2MAHER3SV7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.39] [Pay=4.00] [Fast=4.50] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.64] [Fast=4.62] [Comm=4.29] [Fair=4.60] [Reviews=174] [ToS=5]
TO2: [Hrly=8.24] [Pen=0.30 days] [Res=100%] [Rec=40%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=3]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 1800
Available: 1
Description: survey
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; Exc: [-1329971061-100030] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: desallemands

jan

Reaction score
Reactions: desallemands

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oh, that gives me an idea: I think I'll just pop one out and bring that in. Thanks!
You're welcome.:)

I give up trying to use gifs from giphy.

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I just heard Bill Maher say that he went to London in the '80s and everyone was white. He obviously didn't travel around the city, or stray from tourist traps.

EDIT Rural UK may have been a bit whitewashed at that time but, not London. Not in the places where the working class lived. It may not have been very black but, it was definitely brown.

Last edited:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Okay, I'm outta here. Be good everyone (well, the scant few that are here!)
I'll be back later to do my surveycomet:bear:
I'm not scant.. You're scant! I almost timed myself out of my SurveyVomit yesterday.

Now, off to look up 'scant'.:p

Reactions: theturkscribe

cassius

Reaction score
serial number on the window or frame anywhere? that might help identify.

Reactions: jan and Jerami

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

NEW! Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

If you have a theme that you want to see, title-wise, video-wise, etc. for the new thread I would like to hear suggestions! http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/daily-thread-ideas.1250/
Another weekend begins with TissueHime thank you!

What a great thread title.

I love these guys and their stuff!
https://unikeyboard.io/
My next Ergonomic keyboard

Another great option, if you don't like ergos but do like matrix keyboards

And for "on the go"(this one has magnets so it can be one piece or split)

Also heard great things about, and want to try this one

https://www.geekinsider.com/buzz-surrounding-beeraider-keyboard/

I like that people are starting to realize that the reason a keyboard is made the way it traditionally is, due to a hold-over from typewriter days, when the keys had to be staggered to make it so that the hammers?(not sure if that's what they're called, the arm that had the letter, that struck the ribbon) didn't hit each other. Once you remove that requirement, it opens a word of possibilities. :)
That was really interesting. I would definitely give that a try!

Reactions: jan and Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Another weekend begins with TissueHime thank you!

That was really interesting. I would definitely give that a try!
The really strange one, at the bottom, has an Android keyboard app. So you could actually try it, if you have a tablet big enough to emulate the real thing.:)

EDIT But, that one at the bottom is made more for speed and less for comfort. It doesn't solve many of the issues with wrist and arm position that the top one, my fave, does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.