07/31 - Taystee Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achilles2357

Reaction score
It took me about 6-7 hours to do it. I was challenging myself to see if I could hit my daily limit.
I've mostly focused on catching the better one shot hits as opposed to the batches, but when I was trying to reach 10,000 I did 700+ one day after maybe 200 in the prior two weeks.

Reactions: finnrose

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
yeah, theres nothing but a button that says authenticate and 3 lines asking fir ID's
HIT ID, Assign ID, and Worker ID
I enter them all but login fails
OK. in the URL the first number you come across is the HIT ID, go all the way down in the URL and you'll find the assign number. crazy but it worked

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
If you're set on doing it.. you have to make sure every character is just right. I had to go through all of them multiple times and found that I had entered a letter wrong. Make sure 0's and o's are differentiated correctly. The HIT ID is the series of characters after /tasks in the URL bar. They've got this thing set up in a really frustrating way. Ugh.
how long did you stare at the camera?

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I definitely DIDN'T get it from one of those hit codenames on the tedlab hits, it's totally original. I swear.
it only really depends if you chose to do the hit or not.

and if you did it at $8.00 or not.

Romantic Grapefruit

Shhhhh. You don't have to tell anyone.
Banned
Reaction score
it only really depends if you chose to do the hit or not.

and if you did it at $8.00 or not.
That would be a yes and yes, although I wanted to tear my eyes out by the time I was finished.

Romantic Grapefruit

Banned
Reaction score
how long did you stare at the camera?
It was a series of short trials where you first stare a the camera for 15 seconds, then stare at different symbols for 15 seconds and memorize letters, then follow a moving symbol. It repeats each in portrait and both sides of landscape mode. I did it for about 35ish minutes before mine stopped working. And guys feel free to yell at me if that counts as survey content? I'll edit it. I'm not sure if this kind of hit counts under the survey content umbrella.. since it doesn't involve psychological manipulations or whatever, it's just like a task. Just wanted to be safe.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
It was a series of short trials where you first stare a the camera for 15 seconds, then stare at different symbols for 15 seconds and memorize letters, then follow a moving symbol. It repeats each in portrait and both sides of landscape mode. I did it for about 35ish minutes before mine stopped working. And guys feel free to yell at me if that counts as survey content? I'll edit it. I'm not sure if this kind of hit counts under the survey content umbrella.. since it doesn't involve psychological manipulations or whatever, it's just like a task. Just wanted to be safe.
no it's being super weird. It's giving me a scenario number then asking me for a quiz answer. telling me to read a guide. I'm about to bomb them on turkopticon.

Romantic Grapefruit

Banned
Reaction score
no it's being super weird. It's giving me a scenario number then asking me for a quiz answer. telling me to read a guide. I'm about to bomb them on turkopticon.
The guide it's referring to is just the hit instruction to keep the camera clean, etc. I don't know why it has to mention it every single trial. It's stupid. The quiz answer is series of letters that it just displayed to you that you were supposed to memorize. But it doesn't tell you anywhere you're supposed to do that, so it's confusing.

Reactions: Michele

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
The guide it's referring to is just the hit instruction to keep the camera clean, etc. I don't know why it has to mention it every single trial. It's stupid. The quiz answer is series of letters that it just displayed to you that you were supposed to memorize. But it doesn't tell you anywhere you're supposed to do that, so it's confusing.
yeah I managed to figure that out. It takes a while to upload too. This thing does suck but I'm determined to get through it as best I can at this point

Reactions: Romantic Grapefruit

Romantic Grapefruit

Banned
Reaction score
yeah I managed to figure that out. It takes a while to upload too. This thing does suck but I'm determined to get through it as best I can at this point
Hey.. 9 bucks is 9 bucks. I definitely feel ya.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
... if you follow the circle it flashes letters or numbers.

the quiz is to make sure you're following the circle with your gaze.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

I've done several HITs like this, but they're well-paid and everything functions well. Can't think of the requester right now, but I've found them both on Mturk and Prolific.

Anyway, makes me think that requesters steal each others' ideas for their own research. Like... "shit, that's a way better way of doing it. Let me just try and copy that, instead... for half the price and double the work."

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out

Romantic Grapefruit

Banned
Reaction score
I've done several HITs like this, but they're well-paid and everything functions well. Can't think of the requester right now, but I've found them both on Mturk and Prolific.

Anyway, makes me think that requesters steal each others' ideas for their own research. Like... "shit, that's a way better way of doing it. Let me just try and copy that, instead... for half the price and double the work."
I think there's something to that. Like the crappy alien games where you have to choose an alien and a spaceship? First it was New York U, but after that came out I saw like 9 different requesters put out that same exact hit. Not even just Gershman.. although he did put out a bunch of variations of it.

Reactions: DareAngel3

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I think there's something to that. Like the crappy alien games where you have to choose an alien and a spaceship? First it was New York U, but after that came out I saw like 9 different requesters put out that same exact hit. Not even just Gershman.. although he did put out a bunch of variations of it.
Yes! Anything involving "alien" I avoid like the plague, nowadays, right along with "learn a language." Look at all of the variations of paraphrasing HITs, too, although some of those requesters are lovely.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Also, John Campbell/Empirical Jury and all of the other trial HITs that started popping up.

Romantic Grapefruit

Banned
Reaction score
Also, John Campbell/Empirical Jury and all of the other trial HITs that started popping up.
Haha you know, Empiricals aren't half bad if you can read quick. But I agree on the rest definitely.. they do make my head hurt. I really miss those masters logic hits that would come out on weekends that were like 15 bucks or whatever. Or was it 20? It feels like so long. :( And the Mcdermotts pitch perception.. I never see those anymore.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Haha you know, Empiricals aren't half bad if you can read quick. But I agree on the rest definitely.. they do make my head hurt. I really miss those masters logic hits that would come out on weekends that were like 15 bucks or whatever. Or was it 20? It feels like so long. :( And the Mcdermotts pitch perception.. I never see those anymore.
Oh yeah, I enjoy the Empiricals. I just think there are some duplicitous HITs of that style.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score

yeah I picked up on that. it's really a bastard about flashing those letter and numbers really fast. Whoever designed this things hates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.