07/31 - Saved By the Bell Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Also join the discord if you want! We have a lot of people on it already but could use more.

If you have a theme that you want to see, title-wise, video-wise, etc. for the new thread I would like to hear suggestions! http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/daily-thread-ideas.1250/

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
click on requester name, there are three of these up, different HITs, I just accepted, and am investigating. 25 c for initial HIT, then 10 bucks for 30 min, so description says:

EDIT - oooh, you have to upload webcam video footage of yourself. Hm... Think I'll pass, maybe you feel like being a star:

Title: MM Assessment: Video Interview Data Collection | PANDA
Requester: ETS NLP Research [A2DEO4C7NM57S9] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.95 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.29 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.89 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 54
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Web browser-based multimodal task
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Masters has been granted; Location is US

Last edited:
Reactions: <Gucci> and Azazael

Randomacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
click on requester name, there are three of these up, different HITs, I just accepted, and am investigating. 25 c for initial HIT, then 10 bucks for 30 min, so description says:

EDIT - oooh, you have to upload webcam video footage of yourself. Hm... Think I'll pass, maybe you're feeling like being a star:

Title: MM Assessment: Video Interview Data Collection | PANDA
Requester: ETS NLP Research [A2DEO4C7NM57S9] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.95 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.29 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.89 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 54
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Web browser-based multimodal task
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: Masters has been granted; Location is US
They have a non master's one up.

Randomacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lol I prob just got a reject from that.. I didn't have my webcam hooked up.. [mod edit]

Last edited by a moderator:

Randomacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Please include this next time.

-Love, CJ

P.S. Go Sharks.
Aww don't feel bad, the mods will invent some new rules just so you can get yelled at.

Tbh I know what the rule is after the edit.. but I don't actually see it in the guidelines.. *shrug*

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Aww don't feel bad, the mods will invent some new rules just so you can get yelled at.

Tbh I know what the rule is after the edit.. but I don't actually see it in the guidelines.. *shrug*
the one about following requester's instructions and maintaining integrity?

Randomacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
the one about following requester's instructions and maintaining integrity?
Perhaps the second part of that?

They aren't the clearest set of rules that clearly not enough people have read that I have seen... but at least they exist..... I've seen places with hidden rules.

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score

They aren't the clearest set of rules that clearly not enough people have read that I have seen... but at least they exist..... I've seen places with hidden rules.
Its always best to lead by example and not care if others have followed the rules or not. Be the best worker and forum member you can be and maybe others will follow. :thumbup:

Reactions: <Gucci>

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score

Well, aside from the not following requester instructions part, which others pointed out, your edit was just for being disrespectful. That's covered in the very first section of our guidelines.

You've been edited several times over the last few days, so I just wanted to link those guidelines to you, in case you hadn't seen them. So, now that you have seen them, I suggest you make sure that you are clear on them. Read them twice if you have to.

The staff here is more than happy to give new members an opportunity to learn how we do things, but we don't have the time, and certainly not the desire, to keep slapping people on the wrist for constantly ignoring the rules. It gets old.

Status
Not open for further replies.