07/26 - Toast Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
When you say 95% closed quals what do you mean? That the good paying jobs are closed unless you qualified from the beginning? Like those political surveys that are $16?
yea pretty much... You have to look out for requesters with qualification tests and stuff like that. Or you sometimes u will randomly do a batch and they will make it a qualification because they dont like all the bad workers so they will sort throught he work and give the qual to peeps who demonstrated they know wtf they are doing

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
thats awesome maybe im just burnt out and have been doing this for far too long.....
Nah I do think the market has fractured a bit, if that's the right way to put it...there are now several more platforms for work, and a lot of the high-volume AI work has either run its course for the projects that were at hand, or it's moved off AMT to other platforms specializing in AI (and in developing a developing-world workforce for very low wages). All that said, IMO crowdwork/IC work is basically the future, so we have a slight advantage in handling the misery that is likely to come.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
yea i mean i've been doing this for about four years and this month is probably one of my worst in a longggggg ass time lol... it seems after about Jan. shit started going down hill and its not bad I still make money but its like 95% closed quals other than that im staring at scraper :thinking:
seems to me the biggest jump to making good money is getting masters and I'm so new it's not even a remote possibility

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
Nah I do think the market has fractured a bit, if that's the right way to put it...there are now several more platforms for work, and a lot of the high-volume AI work has either run its course for the projects that were at hand, or it's moved off AMT to other platforms specializing in AI (and in developing a developing-world workforce for very low wages). All that said, IMO crowdwork/IC work is basically the future, so we have a slight advantage in handling the misery that is likely to come.
I don't do any of the bounding box shit, those HITs are the worst. Seems like alright money can be made off of the surveys. 98% of my money comes from surveys.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
seems to me the biggest jump to making good money is getting masters and I'm so new it's not even a remote possibility
There are closed quals that you could make decent money from as well like 5s and STR, but those haven't been consistent either and both haven't given out quals in at least a year.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
It certainly helps, but closed quals usually represent the long-term money on mturk. Always be qualing. Every time you see mention of a qual hit or qual batch or qual in a HIT description, do the work required to be eligible for said qual, even if you don't think you'd do the work. Quals and scripting are basically the two keys to longevity on this platform.

Reactions: AlexDroog

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
ur right a lot of the work has moved but when that said work is on a platform that won't let you in their "club" ur kinda fucked. And the AI work ur right I think it has ran its course they already have all the AI speech to text / alexa and all that up and running and most of the Machine learning stuff has run its course as well.

With that said I also use Onespace and it hasn't had much work either but they dont normally show you the work they have unless ur qualified for it.

Only time will tell whats in store for the future but hopefully Mturk does some campaigning and advertisement lol ....

Reactions: jklmnop

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
I don't do any of the bounding box shit, those HITs are the worst. Seems like alright money can be made off of the surveys. 98% of my money comes from surveys.
I don't mind bounding box work but the vast majority of it is posted at garbage wages. At this point for you, I'd just say keep plugging away at it and check out some resources for Javascript. Every hour you spend learning some browser scripting basics will pay off down the road.

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
ur right a lot of the work has moved but when that said work is on a platform that won't let you in their "club" ur kinda fucked. And the AI work ur right I think it has ran its course they already have all the AI speech to text / alexa and all that up and running and most of the Machine learning stuff has run its course as well.
There is huge money in AI in every aspect but the gold/ground truth/crowdwork aspect. Everyone on this forum (myself included :kick:) should be learning Python at this point just to be able to get a foot in the door.

Reactions: sryan66611

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
There is huge money in AI in every aspect but the gold/ground truth/crowdwork aspect. Everyone on this forum (myself included :kick:) should be learning Python at this point just to be able to get a foot in the door.
yea i just meant the more AI crowdsourcing tasks that were abundant on Turk. I know there were more like finding pictures and shit but its been soo long i dont remember what all dif types were around.

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
who has the duty of making new thread?

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
It certainly helps, but closed quals usually represent the long-term money on mturk. Always be qualing. Every time you see mention of a qual hit or qual batch or qual in a HIT description, do the work required to be eligible for said qual, even if you don't think you'd do the work. Quals and scripting are basically the two keys to longevity on this platform.
Duly noted. Gracias.

Status
Not open for further replies.