• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: 5-minute academic survey with $0.50 completion award and the chance to earn additional payment.(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Labor Experiment20 [A1F9YCOYH0B6A4]
TurkerView: [ $21.88 / hour ]
Description: This HIT is for a research study. You will receive a guaranteed payment of $0.50 upon completion and have the chance to earn additional payment that will equal anywhere from 0 cents to 60 cents. This study asks you to make a series of decisions. These decisions may impact your additional payment.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications:
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96
  • Location In US
[33RX46D1RXEVKS5EPX9T5JUHAZF1XB]

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
For anyone trying to suffer through those A9s today :o_o:, this will mark "well enough" for the top answer and "not relevant" for the rest. If you find other answers are (or become) more common, let me know, and I'll post a different one. i'll be around most of the day today.

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name       A9 tag
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      1.0
// @description well enough not relevant
// @author       WillowWolf
// @match        https://www.mturkcontent.com/dynamic/*
// @grant         GM_log
// @require      http://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.1.1.min.js
// ==/UserScript==
$('input[value="WellEnough"]').click();
$('input[value="NotRelevant"]').click();
These A9s would be a good example to demonstrate a similar script that allows for more custom tailoring of answers and can easily be modified to work with other types of HITs. The script below will pre-select the exact same answers as the script you posted but does it in a different way...

Ultimately, you only need to edit the last line of the script below to use it with other types of HITs

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name        A9 Tag Relevance $0.02
// @version      1.0
// @author       Probably SarahAshlee90
// @include     /^https://(www|s3)\.(mturkcontent|amazonaws)\.com/
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

const radios_and_checkboxes = document.querySelectorAll('[type="checkbox"],[type="radio"]');

function preclick (elements_to_click, ...numbers) {
    const radios_and_checkboxes_to_preclick = [];
    Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments).forEach(el => radios_and_checkboxes_to_preclick.push(el));
    radios_and_checkboxes_to_preclick.forEach(element => radios_and_checkboxes[element].click());
    console.log(`There are a total of ${radios_and_checkboxes.length} checkboxes/radio's on this page.  The requested preclicks are numbers ${radios_and_checkboxes_to_preclick}`);
}
preclick(1,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32);
Let's take the current batch of A9s as an example... Each radio button within the HIT is essentially numbered. Typically, the upper-left most radio button is numbered '0' and the numbers increase as you go across the rows and then down. Some HITs, such as Perch, use columns so the radios are increasing in number from top-to-bottom in each column instead of left-to-right in each row. There's sometime a little trial-and-error needed to figure out the numbering scheme of the radios/check-boxes in other types of HITs, but most are fairly simple.

Below is a picture of the A9s to show you what I mean, and remember that the last line of the script is preclick(1,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32);

So you'll see that within the preclick(1,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32) line the 1 corresponds with Well enough, the 5 corresponds with Not Relevant on the next row, and then the 8 with Not Relevant on the next row, etc...

Therefore, if I wanted the first row to always be Very Well then I would change the last line from preclick(1,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32); to preclick(0,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32);.

Along those same lines if I wanted to do something like change only the next three lines from Not Relevant to Very Relevant then I would change the last line from preclick(1,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32); to preclick(1,3,6,9,14,17,20,23,26,29,32)

Finally, this works on really simple things like Furmstons as well. For a simple task like the always selecting Yes in each HIT...

...the last line of the script would simply be preclick(0);

It's really helpful for so many other things like A9s, Alexandrias, Perch, etc... with lots of check boxes or radio buttons, especially if it's a batch and at least some of the answers are the same for each HIT. This script even allows you to leave some questions/categories unanswered in case the answer varies a lot (like Perch) or if you want to, you can avoid selecting every instance of the same answer within a HIT, so instead of pre-selecting all 'no' or all 'yes' it is possible to mix it up.

Ultimately, I have to give credit to SarahAshlee90 @SarahAshlee90 for first posting a script similar to this late last year, and I took it and ran with it. I use and/or modify this radio button pre-click script every day.

https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/12-02-scratchy-sunday.3981/#post-1381869

Last edited:

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
These A9s would be a good example to demonstrate a similar script that allows for more custom tailoring of answers and can easily be modified to work with other types of HITs. The script below will pre-select the exact same answers as the script you posted but does it in a different way...

Ultimately, you only need to edit the last line of the script below to use it with other types of HITs

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @version      1.0
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

const radios_and_checkboxes = document.querySelectorAll('[type="checkbox"],[type="radio"]');

Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments).forEach(el => radios_and_checkboxes_to_preclick.push(el));
    radios_and_checkboxes_to_preclick.forEach(element => radios_and_checkboxes[element].click());
    console.log(`There are a total of ${radios_and_checkboxes.length} checkboxes/radio's on this page.  The requested preclicks are numbers ${radios_and_checkboxes_to_preclick}`);
}
preclick(1,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32,35);
Let's take the current batch of A9s as an example... Each radio button within the HIT is essentially numbered. Typically, the upper-left most radio button is numbered '0' and the numbers increase as you go across the rows and then down. Some HITs, such as Perch, use columns so the radios are increasing in number from top-to-bottom in each column instead of left-to-right in each row. There's sometime a little trial-and-error needed to figure out the numbering scheme of the radios/check-boxes in other types of HITs, but most are fairly simple.

Below is a picture of the A9s to show you what I mean, and remember that the last line of the script is preclick(1,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32,35);

So you'll see that within the preclick(1,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32,35) line the 1 corresponds with Well enough, the 5 corresponds with Not Relevant on the next row, and then the 8 with Not Relevant on the next row, etc...

Therefore, if I wanted the first row to always be Very Well then I would change the last line from preclick(1,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32,35); to preclick(0,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32,35);.

Along those same lines if I wanted to do something like change only the next three lines from Not Relevant to Very Relevant then I would change the last line from preclick(1,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32,35); to preclick(1,3,6,9,14,17,20,23,26,29,32,35)

Finally, this works on really simple things like Furmstons as well. For a simple task like the always selecting Yes in each HIT...

It's really helpful for so many other things like A9s, Alexandrias, Perch, etc... with lots of check boxes or radio buttons, especially if it's a batch and at least some of the answers are the same for each HIT. This script even allows you to leave some questions/categories unanswered in case the answer varies a lot (like Perch) or if you want to, you can avoid selecting every instance of the same answer within a HIT, so instead of pre-selecting all 'no' or all 'yes' it is possible to mix it up.

Ultimately, I have to give credit to SarahAshlee90 @SarahAshlee90 for first posting a script similar to this late last year, and I took it and ran with it. I use and/or modify this radio button pre-click script every day.

You're making shit more complicated than it needs to be. It's a 2c batch. Not sure why anyone would want to put this much effort into this. :shrug:Not everything has to be over-the-top extravagant.

Reactions: Tandem In Time

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
You're making shit more complicated than it needs to be. It's a 2c batch. Not sure why anyone would want to put this much effort into this. :shrug:Not everything has to be over-the-top extravagant.
LOL It's definitely waaaaaay overkill for A9s, but I figured out how this more complicated script works by practicing with A9s, and then found that it's super useful for much longer format HITs like Perch, and only really needs one line to be modified for it to work on all sorts of HITs.

Last edited:

Srndpty

Contributor
Reaction score

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @version      1.0
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

}

Below is a picture of the A9s to show you what I mean, and remember that the last line of the script is preclick(1,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32);

So you'll see that within the preclick(1,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32) line the 1 corresponds with Well enough, the 5 corresponds with Not Relevant on the next row, and then the 8 with Not Relevant on the next row, etc...

Therefore, if I wanted the first row to always be Very Well then I would change the last line from preclick(1,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32); to preclick(0,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32);.

Along those same lines if I wanted to do something like change only the next three lines from Not Relevant to Very Relevant then I would change the last line from preclick(1,5,8,11,14,17,20,23,26,29,32); to preclick(1,3,6,9,14,17,20,23,26,29,32)

Definitely props to SarahAshlee90 @SarahAshlee90. I did the same as you and ran with that script.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Your script is awesome - thanks for sharing!

I think his explanation helps more for modifying for use with other hits, which is also very valuable - thank you Tandem In Time @Sciency McScienceface & SarahAshlee90 @SarahAshlee90

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
recreation.....recreate.... is that not a word? lol

also don't make babies.
HAHAHA I READ IT WRONG, I GET IT NOW, RECREATION LIKE DODGEBALL

Reactions: basketcasey

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @version      1.0
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

}

This is an excellent post. Thank you for taking the time to lay this all out in a very simple and concise way. It's very useful. And thanks to SarahAshlee90 @SarahAshlee90 & WillowWolf @Willow for their script work also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.