07/23 - Super Battleground Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean for employment. There are a variety of different levels they can request (state, federal, various government agencies, driving history, etc.) so it depends on how far they go and which ones they want to grab. The more and deeper they need, the longer it'll take.
so should i call back monday afternoon if they haven't called back or is that too soon? I don't know if the weekend days count for the search

Reactions: <Gucci>

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
so should i call back monday afternoon if they haven't called back or is that too soon? I don't know if the weekend days count for the search
You could at least call and ask how long the background check typically takes. If they don't have the results yet, maybe they can tell you when to expect it.

Reactions: <Gucci> and Concise

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
also my friends say my chances are good since they made me get a test and a check, but i don't want to be too hopeful lol

i hope i do though, since it fits my hours perfectly

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean for employment. There are a variety of different levels they can request (state, federal, various government agencies, driving history, etc.) so it depends on how far they go and which ones they want to grab. The more and deeper they need, the longer it'll take.
Agreed, 1-2 weeks usually. I was a cert. network admin in my former life, and when I supported the local university safety & state police computers & network, they did the most thorough background check I've experienced (understandably, much sensitive information). Took 1-2 weeks.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
also my friends say my chances are good since they made me get a test and a check, but i don't want to be too hopeful lol

i hope i do though, since it fits my hours perfectly
In my experience, they don't tend to waste time/money on a background check, unless they are seriously considering you. It takes time and money to get them done. So, it may be a good sign they are that interested in you.

Status
Not open for further replies.