Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Being super clever and funny doesn't help in life. It does if you're attractive, but if you're average or worse you just look like an asshole to people.
I disagree with this completely. Personality, cleverness, and sense of humor are everything to me. I was engaged to a guy who looked like a GQ model but in the end, meh. I mean, there has to be an attraction but that doesn't have everything to do with looks.

Reactions: JenniLeigh

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
Dude, believe me, it does help. I sure as hell haven't gotten laid because of my good looks.
I said "clever" and "funny." If you're charming, that surely helps. I wouldn't know. I'm clever, and I can be pretty funny (I think anyway, maybe I'm wrong). But where people who don't see me often react one way, that reaction is different once they see me. So...yeah.

Reactions: Pleco

SalvadorZombie

The Jon Moxley of Mturk
Reaction score
I disagree with this completely. Personality, cleverness, and sense of humor are everything to me. I was engaged to a guy who looked like a GQ model but in the end, meh. I mean, there has to be an attraction but that doesn't have everything to do with looks.
That's the key - there has to be an attraction. It's pretty hard to show someone how clever and funny you are if you're not pleasant enough to look at that they're willing to give you that chance.

Anyway, I digress. I'm sure a lot of this is the myriad of mental and emotional things that occasionally poke and prod at me.

Reactions: Vanyanka
Status
Not open for further replies.