07/15 - Flying Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the miser

Reaction score
Anyone else get rejections from Derek N on the "Find email addresses given a Yelp page" $0.25 hits? He was able to find something using icann.org that I wasn't. Bummer.
This is something I never understood, not just this requestor.... If they are going to double check everything, then why post the hits if you're going to do the work anyways?

overlordror

Reaction score
Went out to catch some Pokemon this morning since it was so nice after our rain yesterday, came back to an almost full queue of Zoltars. Almost makes up for how shitty yesterday was!

Reactions: Nytmair

overlordror

Reaction score
This is something I never understood, not just this requestor.... If they are going to double check everything, then why post the hits if you're going to do the work anyways?
I've done a lot of those but I've never gotten a single rejection. But I also don't use the ICANN site he recommends because it puts a cap on how many times you can search for a domain. Instead, I use WHOIS.COM because it gives you the same information without forcing you to fill in captchas or stopping you from searching if you've done too many searches already.

Also remember on the Administrator form, he's looking for the website administrator, not the registration information with the domain. It's separate and often hidden by privacy services like Domains By Proxy, so you'll see Admin Name: PRIVACY INC. and Admin Email: 329083249iasdf@domainsbyproxy.com. I always include those in the post to show him I looked up the info.

Debatesmith

I post GIF's more than I actually work
Contributor
Reaction score
ACC:25
Miss: 173

the miser

Reaction score
I've done a lot of those but I've never gotten a single rejection. But I also don't use the ICANN site he recommends because it puts a cap on how many times you can search for a domain. Instead, I use WHOIS.COM because it gives you the same information without forcing you to fill in captchas or stopping you from searching if you've done too many searches already.

Also remember on the Administrator form, he's looking for the website administrator, not the registration information with the domain. It's separate and often hidden by privacy services like Domains By Proxy, so you'll see Admin Name: PRIVACY INC. and Admin Email: 329083249iasdf@domainsbyproxy.com. I always include those in the post to show him I looked up the info.
I'll use what they suggest, but when they don't, I'll use AnalogX's whois.

Metallica

Never free, never me
Contributor
Reaction score
Suppose the regional thing is an issue for some. I've caught more running 2 1 sec pandas in 5 minutes than I did with that script for 30 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.