07/14 - Thunderstruck Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimension

Reaction score
I'd never pay for any software to turk, i created some scripts i personally use but will never share. Get yourself into basic scripting and you'd be amazed at what you can create.
I can do some scripting but I always like to first see what is out there and from there before spending the time to develop my own scripts. It is sort of like welding in which you can create a product but after calculating in time and effort it is cheaper to just buy it.

Reactions: Mikey Chlanda

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
What do you like about it over using Panda in conjunction with finding the HITs yourself?
I get more hits than I did when I was finding them myself. I get hits that I never would see, too. I don't spend time staring at a hit finder and setting up pandas. I get the hits I want, at the minimum $$ I set it up for. I started making more money right away.

Of course, you still have to actually do the hits yourself, and you still need the quals.

Dimension

Reaction score
I get more hits than I did when I was finding them myself. I get hits that I never would see, too. I don't spend time staring at a hit finder and setting up pandas. I get the hits I want, at the minimum $$ I set it up for. I started making more money right away.

Of course, you still have to actually do the hits yourself, and you still need the quals.
Was there a large learning curve to the application and getting it setup or were you able to pretty much hit the ground running? Also how much did you see your earns rise once you started using it? I would like to get my earnings up to the $20-$30 mark but right now I am doing good to get $10-$15.

creepy187tv

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Real Time Research (Joshua Becker, PhD) for work related to 3ZQA3IO31BRCHAMGVEY5HWW2UPZO1E.
The value of your bonus is: $3.25 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for participating in the Estimation Game!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Real Time Research (Joshua Becker, PhD) for work related to 3MNJFORX8B4HZFA6XYHRXS05D465FJ.
The value of your bonus is: $2.45 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for participating in the Estimation Game!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
How much luck is there in getting a HIT? I am seeing a fair amount of HITs popping up to write a social media comment but it is very hard for me to snag them. Since the title of these HITs are always changing I cannot really use Panda to grab them so I have to relay on Finder and me being able to click on one before someone else grabs it.

Is there some sort of software out there that can help in snagging the HITs that have constantly changing names?
I've been out of the loop for a while, but could probably do a requesterID on Panda Crazy, yeah?

is that the auto accept script some ppl supposedly got banned for using? Or was that another one?
That was Stax.

Was there a large learning curve to the application and getting it setup or were you able to pretty much hit the ground running? Also how much did you see your earns rise once you started using it? I would like to get my earnings up to the $20-$30 mark but right now I am doing good to get $10-$15.
There's a pretty steep learning curve.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
I was able to use immediately. Easy to figure out, learned other things it does little by little. My earnings grew the first week, if I remember correctly, I made about 50 more that week, and did it in less time. I make more now, and could do better if I had more ambition.

PandaThief

Reaction score
Quebicle might be your best bet then, i have a free copy for being one of the early members of the TV forum . I've tested it a few times when it was launched and it was buggy, by now i'm sure they ironed all that out . Won't hurt to give it a trial run.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Judge the relationship between two sentences. | PANDA
Requester: Saku Sugawara [A2K0DXQ0IZ9V9J]
TurkerView: [ $25.61 / hour ]
Description: Annotate the relationship (entailment, contradiction, or neutral) between given two sentences.
Duration: 60 Min
Available: 1
Reward: $7.00
Qualifications:
  • done_cond_nli_20220713 DoesNotExist
  • pas_eff_qual1 GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1
[306OACM7H5OBHY24PDQ8OQ6ZJIFA8N]

Dimension

Reaction score
Quebicle might be your best bet then, i have a free copy for being one of the early members of the TV forum . I've tested it a few times when it was launched and it was buggy, by now i'm sure they ironed all that out . Won't hurt to give it a trial run.
I signed up for the trial but now I have to wait on an email to come I assume with a download link. Not sure how long it takes to receive the email but it has been almost 45 minutes now and I have not yet received the email. Yup, even checked my spam filter.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I signed up for the trial but now I have to wait on an email to come I assume with a download link. Not sure how long it takes to receive the email but it has been almost 45 minutes now and I have not yet received the email. Yup, even checked my spam filter.
ChrisTurk @ChrisTurk is the only person who can onboard new users. It's not automatic. He's got lots of irons in lots of fires, so be patient and maybe send him a reminder email/message after a couple of days if you haven't heard anything.
ETA: Also wow, I didn't think that tag would work. 🙃 :wave2:

egryan1

Reaction score
Hey for the scripters out there, its been a while since I did turking, but was wondering whats the format for how to autoaccept a hit, it use to be something/previewandaccept/something. I know that its changed curious if anybody knew what it was it was

breadecible

astronomer
Reaction score
Michele @Michele Oh my gosh yeah Paid Viewpoint is cash out at $5 now ok! They only had 1 thing available to me today but there should be more coming I mean..."Congratulations, your TraitScore is already 10000 which is the maximum." Thank you for mentioning that!

I tried getting into Validately but it said that they already had that PayPal or something like that but I can't seem to get around that. I must have started an account at some point.

• Love
Reactions: Michele

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, sure. I'm glad about the Paid Viewpoint thing, neat :) Hmmm, yeah, I know Validately can sometimes have dry spells and then it seems like when they do send stuff to your email, there are a LOT of people trying to get the tests. But I like them a little more than Intellizoom because they pay sooner, like User Testing. Intellizoom seems to have a lot more that you'll be qualified for, but they have the 3 week wait time til they transfer the payment to Paypal instead of only the 7 days for User Testing and Validately.
I remember in the beginning of Validately, I think I found some in my promo/junk email and had to redirect them I think.
Michele @Michele Oh my gosh yeah Paid Viewpoint is cash out at $5 now ok! They only had 1 thing available to me today but there should be more coming I mean..."Congratulations, your TraitScore is already 10000 which is the maximum." Thank you for mentioning that!

I tried getting into Validately but it said that they already had that PayPal or something like that but I can't seem to get around that. I must have started an account at some point.

• Love
Reactions: breadecible

PandaThief

Reaction score
huh ?

Title: Take a selfie photo of your microbladed eyebrows | PANDA
Requester: Timothy J Burr [AIWWI3LJIWOSB] (Req TV): $-/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
If you have had microblading done in the past 6 months we would like you to take a photo. Take take a selfie with the phone about 1 foot away, face frontal with your eyebrows clearly visible.
Time: 24 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: None;

Status
Not open for further replies.