07/07 - Something Surreal Saturday!

What is your favorite peanut butter brand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
If you use Panda Crazy, you would set up a "search" with their requesterID. It will scan and accept any HIT from that requester ID. Here's an awesome walkthrough from SweetiePuff @SweetiePuff
Okay I've been using MTS under the impression that it was just as good as Panda Crazy. But MTS doesn't do this. Well, I have the Panda Crazy script installed so I need to give it a go. Last weekend I finally figured out how to use MTS and all it's tools. My earnings doubled. I'm so stoked. If I can get this particular function to work I'll be that much better.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay I've been using MTS under the impression that it was just as good as Panda Crazy. But MTS doesn't do this. Well, I have the Panda Crazy script installed so I need to give it a go. Last weekend I finally figured out how to use MTS and all it's tools. My earnings doubled. I'm so stoked. If I can get this particular function to work I'll be that much better.
Yes, and days like today are perfect for doing just that. A little advice, do you run your panda catcher in a seperate window? It helps tremendously, especially with PC, And I don't advise running them at the same time on the same PC, but I should clarify this by stating that I am not certain if people log in to MtURK on multiple divices simultaneously or not. I have assumed, perhaps wrongly, that this is not acceptable to the platform. Although, having one device running PC and the other Catcher at the same time while working from the queue would be nice. I'm just not certain about the implications, if any, of doing so.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
If you use Panda Crazy, you would set up a "search" with their requesterID. It will scan and accept any HIT from that requester ID. Here's an awesome walkthrough from SweetiePuff @SweetiePuff
I think I'm going to have to watch a tutorial on Panda Crazy because I can't seem to set it up to where I can add a requester ID. Just a group ID and I don't know what that is.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I think I'm going to have to watch a tutorial on Panda Crazy because I can't seem to set it up to where I can add a requester ID. Just a group ID and I don't know what that is.
You can use the requester ID to "add job" and then later go into "details" and adjust the requester ID to its proper spot and switch it over to "search"

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
Yes, and days like today are perfect for doing just that. A little advice, do you run your panda catcher in a seperate window? It helps tremendously, especially with PC, And I don't advise running them at the same time on the same PC, but I should clarify this by stating that I am not certain if people log in to MtURK on multiple divices simultaneously or not. I have assumed, perhaps wrongly, that this is not acceptable to the platform. Although, having one device running PC and the other Catcher at the same time while working from the queue would be nice. I'm just not certain about the implications, if any, of doing so.
I'll do a HIT on my phone when I run down the street to my parents but yeah I only run MTurk on one device otherwise. I am going to run both at the same time because I know what I'm doing now with MTS where as I do not with Panda. HIT finder has worked wonders for me. And yes I run Panda in a separate window. But I don't know how to use it yet so... lol we'll see what happens

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
So I wanted to say something about the community here. You MTurkers rock. Every time I'm on here, having a problem or trying to figure out how to use a script or deal with a requester, you guys help me out. And you help me out right. This is so different from say ... reddit, where you'll get bum advice because Redditors figure that every dollar they keep out of your pocket, they put in their own. I know that sounds strange but it's true. I've been banged on in Reddit for helping someone solve their problem with a phone farm because " the more people use that app, the more it nerf's our account balances. smh." But you guys, you guys rock. Every time. I appreciate it.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
You can use the requester ID to "add job" and then later go into "details" and adjust the requester ID to its proper spot and switch it over to "search"
OK. I did that. I think I got it right. I don't know if it's set to auto accept or anything like that but I did follow your instructions to a T and it's searching so... hey who know. we'll see what happens.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
OK. I did that. I think I got it right. I don't know if it's set to auto accept or anything like that but I did follow your instructions to a T and it's searching so... hey who know. we'll see what happens.
If you get an error using the MTS requester contact, I believe we've confirmed it still goes through to the requester. Otherwise there are some methods here: https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/how-to-contact-requesters-on-mechanical-turk.95/
BTW I did this and filled out the email. I still got an error message at the end but you're saying as far as everyone thinks, it still goes through.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Fritz I hope this isn't too forward, but I want to say that I love you and we should move in together.

Butter

in the ref
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm probably the only one who loves the Schopenhauer trolley problems.
There are five people on one track and one on the other.
They all want to die, so not flipping the switch would be the moral thing to do.

blargh.

Leatherass

Reaction score
Taking a break from writing terrible directions, sorry to whoever has to follow them
Anyway, I caught the posts up above regarding the PC search feature.

If I may ask, any thoughts on the search vs group functions in PC?

Reactions: cb456

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
What's the brand of peanut butter that got everyone sick a few years ago? Yeah, that's my choice.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
"Oh, Nutella isn't really peanut butter!" Oh, yeah, well peanut butter isn't really butter.

Status
Not open for further replies.