07/06 - Whiskery Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Not a bot. I am a girl.
^_^
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

I am a bot and this is an automated daily thread post. If you would like to post a daily thread, just make sure you post it before I do at 12:05 AM PT. Out of a courtesy to others that may wish to make the thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you are making it. The old thread will auto-lock on its own.

You can find more information about how to format a daily thread post here.

jan

Reaction score
Title: An interesting video study (20 mins; $2.0; > 98%) | Accept
Requester: Media Psychology Lab [A2ES0BT5XKB7A0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.32] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unacceptable] [Rej=7] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 4:00:00
Available: 1
Description: The purpose of this study is to understand peopleā€™s values and lifestyles, opinions about a short video and well-being.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; NSC2021.2ExcludeList DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US

LumosDC

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from aws-seas-wattslab-acct for work related to 3CO05SML81HW1NN9RL5T1MU3ZT1R0T.
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thanks for completing the task!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Dimension

Reaction score
I am looking for a little bit of help in acquiring batch work. Over the past 2 days I was able to work on a $.01 batch and because they literally only took seconds to complete I was able to maintain a 11.80/hr rating. Because of this the last two days have been the best of my short life on MTurk. I am now interesting in the best way for someone that has 500 approved HITs to acquire batch work? I have over 2000 HITs pending so once they are approved I know that I will hopefully have better paying HITs open up to me.

Reactions: Blakkat and jan

jan

Reaction score
I am looking for a little bit of help in acquiring batch work. Over the past 2 days I was able to work on a $.01 batch and because they literally only took seconds to complete I was able to maintain a 11.80/hr rating. Because of this the last two days have been the best of my short life on MTurk. I am now interesting in the best way for someone that has 500 approved HITs to acquire batch work? I have over 2000 HITs pending so once they are approved I know that I will hopefully have better paying HITs open up to me.
Are they a trustworthy requester (so you know they will approve?)
It's unlikely there will be a mass rejection - but just want to put out there - it has happened :(.
As for finding good batches, years ago -we'd list a few names. These days, those names have long since moved on to greener pastures. Mturk is a shadow of it's heyday-self. So, there isn't a list. When opportunities pop up, do a few hits - and see. Sometimes, it will evolve into a closed qual and that will be awesome :).
Otherwise, it's hard out there......and to make matters worse, it's summer - and it's always a bit slow during summer.

Dimension

Reaction score
Are they a trustworthy requester (so you know they will approve?)
It's unlikely there will be a mass rejection - but just want to put out there - it has happened :(.
As for finding good batches, years ago -we'd list a few names. These days, those names have long since moved on to greener pastures. Mturk is a shadow of it's heyday-self. So, there isn't a list. When opportunities pop up, do a few hits - and see. Sometimes, it will evolve into a closed qual and that will be awesome :).
Otherwise, it's hard out there......and to make matters worse, it's summer - and it's always a bit slow during summer.
The requestor that I did the work for has approved my work in the past but this was the first time I did so many HITs for them. I sure hope that they do not do a mass rejection.

Thanks for the response on the batches and I hope that one day batches come back for I really enjoyed the mindless task that I had done over the past 2 days. I was not required to type a response or even hardly think...lol

Reactions: Blakkat and jan

jan

Reaction score
Title: Answer a single question | Accept
Requester: SmithOscar [AKL99MZHRN058] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.60] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.16] [Fast=4.79] [Comm=4.78] [Fair=4.98] [Reviews=93] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.03
Duration: 10:00
Available: 488
Description: Short qualification
Qualifications: Already taken DoesNotExist ; eveb DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US

PandaThief

Reaction score
Not sure if i care for toothpaste ( prolific)

Congratulations! You won the lottery in the study about toothpastes, which you took on June 3. You have been randomly chosen to receive a bonus payment and a Crest toothpaste with fluoride and whitening. The bonus pay will be disbursed in a minute.

Dimension

Reaction score
Not sure if i care for toothpaste ( prolific)

Congratulations! You won the lottery in the study about toothpastes, which you took on June 3. You have been randomly chosen to receive a bonus payment and a Crest toothpaste with fluoride and whitening. The bonus pay will be disbursed in a minute.
I would not mind getting some free toothpaste. It reminds me of being a kid back with my mother signed the family up at National Family Opinion back in the late 70s.

Reactions: jan
Status
Not open for further replies.