07/05 - Wavy Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

NEW! Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

If you have a theme that you want to see, title-wise, video-wise, etc. for the new thread I would like to hear suggestions! http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/daily-thread-ideas.1250/

Reactions: <Gucci>

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Title: 5-10 min research study about social interaction | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: TalkLab [AY67E9TEHYSN2] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.14] [Fast: 4.50] [Comm: 4.33] [Fair: 4.67] [Reviews: 9] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $9.60/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
Tell us what you can guess about people from listening to them talk.
Time: 45 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Good work has not been granted; Thank you has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97; Location is US;

HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.11
8 min, caught on panda

Achilles2357

Reaction score
I'm curious... Does anyone know the true story behind "darrell miller", "SEO Braintrust", "Dude Bro", and a bunch of other seeming clones that just went up at the same time? I know "darrell miller" has given me 2 of my 5 rejections, both entirely bogus, and I know on TO many of the apparent clones also have very bad reviews, but I also see people on TO claiming that these aren't all clones, they're just using the same posting service. Why do they all post at the same time if they are not the same person? But why doesn't Amazon ban them if they have multiple accounts to evade standards? I'm genuinely wondering...

alk69

Reaction score
Amazon protects its customers(requesters) and not its salable product(us slaves). So no they don't really care what requesters do, as long as it doesn't bother Amazon...and Amazon gets income from them, of course.

alk69

Reaction score
What I came here to say: SuperCareer is out and about again. I just re- accepted the Math HIT I had returned this week...maybe this time, huh...sinus headache willing.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm curious... Does anyone know the true story behind "darrell miller", "SEO Braintrust", "Dude Bro", and a bunch of other seeming clones that just went up at the same time? I know "darrell miller" has given me 2 of my 5 rejections, both entirely bogus, and I know on TO many of the apparent clones also have very bad reviews, but I also see people on TO claiming that these aren't all clones, they're just using the same posting service. Why do they all post at the same time if they are not the same person? But why doesn't Amazon ban them if they have multiple accounts to evade standards? I'm genuinely wondering...
Their TO does suck if I remember correctly.
Work other hits and forget about them? Maybe try that... :zen:

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Amazon protects its customers(requesters) and not its salable product(us slaves). So no they don't really care what requesters do, as long as it doesn't bother Amazon...and Amazon gets income from them, of course.
I guess that is probably right... I suspect Amazon knows perfectly well that it is relying on all of the informal mturk communities to warn people away from this stuff.... On the other hand, Amazon itself is one of the top requesters... but I guess they know that all of their "good" workers are figuring stuff out on their own... If I met Jeff Bezos I'd like to shake his hand with one hand and punch him in the face with the other...

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
What I came here to say: SuperCareer is out and about again. I just re- accepted the Math HIT I had returned this week...maybe this time, huh...sinus headache willing.
They posted around the same time last night. I didn't try to catch it though with the chances of me falling asleep.

Last edited:

Achilles2357

Reaction score
They have a 7 day timer just fyi
Anyone have a link for these? I panda'd them all last week and never caught them, but I WILL do them if I get them... any of them! Maybe it is the same as earlier... I'll do a search.

alk69

Reaction score
If you want SuperCareer, PandA them--all of them--while you sleep. I've done an Attitudes, and a Verbal one. And should have done the Math one, but decided that my headache was not a good situation for doing math and returned it. Now I've caught it again(I never even opened it, or started it). They'll wait for you to get to them. The two I did were simple....don't know about Math, though. I was math disabled..and that was 50 years ago! The Hits say they only want to know which ones we can get right/wrong...I'm wondering if that applies to getting them all wrong.

dillydally

Crazy dog lady
Contributor
Reaction score

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
kroger's application is so dumb. It asks:

"Are you 18 years of age or older?"

"Are you 19 years of age or older?"

"Are you 21 years of age or older?"

And it won't submit unless if you only answer yes to one of them, not all of them. So if you are 21+, you have to answer no to 18 and 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.