Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
It takes just as long. I don't even see the point in it anymore, since you can still just use your Payments balance on Amazon. There's no benefit for us.
well darn :(

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
It takes just as long. I don't even see the point in it anymore, since you can still just use your Payments balance on Amazon. There's no benefit for us.
Idk, maybe you have a .04 cent gift card balance from a gift you got, and you want to make it 0, so you transfer the exact amount you need to buy something you were going to buy anyway?

Reactions: MarkC

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
edit im a fruit

Reactions: turkleton

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
MTurk is just cluttered so much unnecessary shit.
I think the option is mainly there for workers in countries that don't have access to Amazon Payments. But for those that can use Payments, I just don't see much of a point to the gift card option. It's kinda redundant.

Reactions: tricker

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I can, on the other hand, see considerable benefit for Amazon.
Oh, of course. Especially when they occasionally decide to swap the options so it defaults to gift card, without telling us. :shifty:

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
I think the option is mainly there for workers in countries that don't have access to Amazon Payments. But for those that can use Payments, I just don't see much of a point to the gift card option. It's kinda redundant.
Is there actually a country that can't use payments, but can still order and ship items from Amazon? Also, why work just to get paid in gift cards? I mean, maybe if you work for Mc Donald's and got gift cards, you could still eat, but still. And what if you work somewhere that doesn't have food, like a clothes store?

Last edited:

Achilles2357

Reaction score
Oh, of course. Especially when they occasionally decide to swap the options so it defaults to gift card, without telling us. :shifty:
What would actually be good for workers would be to allow workers to set a cashout default that runs unless superseded. Let workers set a time for a daily/weekly/monthly cashout, and a mechanism, and then just run it. I think Amazon might even gain from this, via efficiency, and goodwill and productivity from better workers.

Reactions: aveline

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
The only time I put some on gift card is when I want to use it for digital purchases. When I rent movies, it won't let me use the payments balance, just the gift card balance.

Reminds me, I just used some of my kid's giftcard that was on there, so I probably need to transfer that much to a gift card and pay him back.

Reactions: aveline and MarkC

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Is there actually a country that can't use payments, but can still order and ship items from Amazon? Also, why work just to get paid in gift cards. I mean, maybe if you work for Mc Donald's and got gift cards, you could still eat, but still. And what if you work somewhere that doesn't have food, like a clothes store?
I don't really keep up with this stuff, so I could be way off, but AFAIK the only countries that have the option of being paid actual money are the US, India, and Canada (and I think they only started letting Canadians do it very recently.) Everyone else gets gift cards. As far as being able to use those gift cards, idk. I would assume they would just use the Amazon sites for their own countries?

I don't think there was really ever any intent to make MTurk into something that people make an entire living from. There's still this widely-held belief, it seems, that this is just something that most people do for fun (and that might actually be true, idk.) But I'm sure there are plenty out there who think that being able to do a handful of surveys for Amazon gift cards is just fine, maybe even fun. Look at how many people use stuff like Swagbucks. They're not being paid in cash either.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't really keep up with this stuff, so I could be way off, but AFAIK the only countries that have the option of being paid actual money are the US, India, and Canada (and I think they only started letting Canadians do it very recently.) Everyone else gets gift cards. As far as being able to use those gift cards, idk. I would assume they would just use the Amazon sites for their own countries?

I don't think there was really ever any intent to make MTurk into something that people make an entire living from. There's still this widely-held belief, it seems, that this is just something that most people do for fun (and that might actually be true, idk.) But I'm sure there are plenty out there who think that being able to do a handful of surveys for Amazon gift cards is just fine, maybe even fun. Look at how many people use stuff like Swagbucks. They're not being paid in cash either.
Cough. Fun. Cough.

Not doing this to make a living, but I certainly wouldn't call this fun. (I'm sure most here would agree!!!)

I get cash from Swagbucks. Like $60 per year, woot woot! (I shop for my company's supplies using it, so I get the big bucks, lol!) Or I transfer it to an itunes giftcard to pay for my icloud storage. :)

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

This is so exciting! I've been waiting for them to add another country. I just wrote my friend in Canada. Thanks for the information.

Reactions: turkleton and MarkC

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
what's everyone up to tonight?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
what's everyone up to tonight?
Eating a pineapple and jalapeno pizza.

Also, I finally finished a game for the first time in like a year. Now if only I could go back and finish the other 30+ that I started in the last year and forgot about. >.>

Reactions: MarkC and ducky

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Eating a pineapple and jalapeno pizza.

Also, I finally finished a game for the first time in like a year. Now if only I could go back and finish the other 30+ that I started in the last year and forgot about. >.>
What game did you finish? I haven't really played anything lately and it makes me feel empty inside. Not that there's a lack for choice or anything :rolleyes:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
What game did you finish? I haven't really played anything lately and it makes me feel empty inside. Not that there's a lack for choice or anything :rolleyes:
It was the 2013 Tomb Raider game. It's on Steam for like $3 right now, so I figured I'd get it. Seemed kinda short, but that seems to be what it takes for me these days.

Reactions: MarkC and ducky
Status
Not open for further replies.