06/30 - Sleeping Beauty Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
Alright, so I need to ditch HIT scraper. I have MTS installed already. Look, I went as far as spending the $3 for Task Archive. TA is nice, it gives me information I wouldn't get anywhere else BUT it hasn't really done anything to make my earnings go up. I tried using Panda Crazy but I don't really know how to use it and 2) know what kind of requesters I would put in there if I did know how to use it. I've been Turking for a bit over a month, have 2k approved HITs, and have made like $460. But my earnings have been going down and the time I spend on Turk have been going up. I've been working harder for less money. I'd like to change that, of course. I think what I need to do is 1) use HIT finder to separate the wheat from the chaff
2) Learn how to use panda crazy with an auto-accept b/c it seems like I'm just barely missing a lot of higher paying HITs. I'd like to do transcription for another website while waiting on HITs. That seems like an optimal set-up to make the most of my work time. I try to find information from forums, google, reddit, and youtube on how to do this but I never seem to get any practical informationWhat do you guys think? Help me out guys, please?

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Sushi is bomb so whatever. Seaweed is good weed in my book.

Reactions: <Gucci>

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
Alright, so I need to ditch HIT scraper. I have MTS installed already. Look, I went as far as spending the $3 for Task Archive. TA is nice, it gives me information I wouldn't get anywhere else BUT it hasn't really done anything to make my earnings go up. I tried using Panda Crazy but I don't really know how to use it and 2) know what kind of requesters I would put in there if I did know how to use it. I've been Turking for a bit over a month, have 2k approved HITs, and have made like $460. But my earnings have been going down and the time I spend on Turk have been going up. I've been working harder for less money. I'd like to change that, of course. I think what I need to do is 1) use HIT finder to separate the wheat from the chaff
2) Learn how to use panda crazy with an auto-accept b/c it seems like I'm just barely missing a lot of higher paying HITs. I'd like to do transcription for another website while waiting on HITs. That seems like an optimal set-up to make the most of my work time. I try to find information from forums, google, reddit, and youtube on how to do this but I never seem to get any practical informationWhat do you guys think? Help me out guys, please?
First thing I'd do is temper your expectations a bit because this past month was GARRRRRRRRRRBAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for a lot of people (myself included). Also, this weekend might be even worse than usual due to the upcoming holiday. That said, I would start making yourself familiar with HIT Finder, configure it the way you want to be able to stare at it for several hours at a time, and start adding the really bad looking HITs to the block list.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
There really aren't any easy answers. You shouldn't pay for anything, for one, since everything you need is available for free on MTC. And things fluctuate, mostly cause requesters have minds of their owns. One day a requester could drop an amazing batch, then next week, no one does anything at all. You just got to roll with the punches, find something to work on when things are slow, and get all the quals you can when you see them.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Okay you need to start hanging out with us on a regular basis. Monday through Friday like 9-5 regular work hours as much as you can.
Start accepting hits that people post on the forum. You are going to need numbers hits.
A few off the top of my head A9’s, PickFu, get the bunny quals, and do all the audiokites. For starters. Just to help your numbers.
Ditch the turk assist too. It was a research project created for students.
As far as panda crazy it’s easy.
You need panda crazy and panda crazy helper. Here is a website made by the creator of it to help you.
http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com/
We will literally go through it step by step with you no problem.
Get Speechpad and even crowdsurf quals if you can. Just for the numbers...
feel free to PM me. It’s all good
This is what we are here for :)

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Sushi is bomb so whatever. Seaweed is good weed in my book.
Actually, I like seaweed. I don't even mind the taste of kale. I'm just not going to put it on some sort of life-saving vegetable pedestal.

I guess, one question at a time usually works best. So, back to the original problem. Are you using MTS's HitFinder feature instead of Hit Scraper now? Now to the second, PandaCrazy question. I don't know. I don't use it because I find HITCatcher, part of MTS, fulfills my Panda needs for most things. But, there is a PandaCrazy thread that walks you through it pretty well. I'll find the link in a minute.

Sorry, I can't help with PC.

See above for PC help. :D

Last edited:

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
First thing I'd do is temper your expectations a bit because this past month was GARRRRRRRRRRBAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for a lot of people (myself included). Also, this weekend might be even worse than usual due to the upcoming holiday. That said, I would start making yourself familiar with HIT Finder, configure it the way you want to be able to stare at it for several hours at a time, and start adding the really bad looking HITs to the block list.
Yeah, I just started adding individual HITs to the block list. That's really nice, to be able to get them out of view. Already I'm liking it for being able to do that. Yeah, the last 2 weeks have been rough. I'd make like maybe $10 in the first hour or two after waking up and then it was like a waste of time even trying. I'm super picky about my batch HITs, pretty much A9 Amazon that will go fast enough for me to make a decent hourly.

Reactions: jklmnop and <Gucci>

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Okay you need to start hanging out with us on a regular basis. Monday through Friday like 9-5 regular work hours as much as you can.
Start accepting hits that people post on the forum. You are going to need numbers hits.
A few off the top of my head A9’s, PickFu, get the bunny quals, and do all the audiokites. For starters. Just to help your numbers.
Ditch the turk assist too. It was a research project created for students.
As far as panda crazy it’s easy.
You need panda crazy and panda crazy helper. Here is a website made by the creator of it to help you.
http://pandacrazy.allbyjohn.com/
We will literally go through it step by step with you no problem.
Get Speechpad and even crowdsurf quals if you can. Just for the numbers...
feel free to PM me. It’s all good
This is what we are here for :)
Yes that too, get numbers so you can qual for more stuff and take rejections without it murdering you.

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
There really aren't any easy answers. You shouldn't pay for anything, for one, since everything you need is available for free on MTC. And things fluctuate, mostly cause requesters have minds of their owns. One day a requester could drop an amazing batch, then next week, no one does anything at all. You just got to roll with the punches, find something to work on when things are slow, and get all the quals you can when you see them.
Do you search forums for quals or do you search through the penny HITs?

<Gucci>

Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Do you search forums for quals or do you search through the penny HITs?
The default goes to 1 penny you should change it to 0.00 so you don’t miss quals.
Also set your keyword alerts on the forum with the word quals or qualifications

AlexDroog

Singing in the rain...
Reaction score
Actually, I like seaweed. I don't even mind the taste of kale. I'm just not going to put it on some sort of life-saving vegetable pedestal.

I guess, one question at a time usually works best. So, back to the original problem. Are you using MTS's HitFinder feature instead of Hit Scraper now? Now to the second, PandaCrazy question. I don't know. I don't use it because I find HITCatcher, part of MTS, fulfills my Panda needs for most things. But, there is a PandaCrazy thread that walks you through it pretty well. I'll find the link in a minute.

Sorry, I can't help with PC but.

See above for PC help. :D
Yeah, I'm using HIT finder now and I like it a lot more. The links work and I can block individual HITs that are garbage without blocking the requester. I can hold off on Panda until I get the hang of HIT finder. I'm not one
The default goes to 1 penny you should change it to 0.00 so you don’t miss quals.
Also set your keyword alerts on the forum with the word quals or qualifications
nice, appreciate the knowledge.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Btw, super excited to get my new used computers today. That's right, I said computers. lol.
After I bought that first one, I convinced the liquidator at Toys R'Us to throw in 2 more for $55. Yup, $27.50 for these! https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Optiple...=UTF8&qid=1530344067&sr=1-9&keywords=Dell+XE2
So, that's my plan for today. Set up the new tech and retire the dinosaurs!:p

If anyone needs a used PC before I put one on ebay, let me know. :)

<Gucci>

Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: Jerami
Status
Not open for further replies.