06/29 - Sober Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nique77

Reaction score
The forum always blows up when that qual posts. I wouldn't worry about it being kept a secret. Just have to keep your eyes open. They can come and go quickly.
OK...thanks! Hopefully by then I want be such a noob and can figure out the best way to find that particular qual using MTS. :happy:

Do you mean quickly as in minutes or a day?

Also...I see some quals are .00 but some pay. Also, some say multiple are available...and some say 1...but really more than 1 person can do it. Still confused about that...but is all of that normal?

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
thanks! I did that. I accidently did not delete everything else and assuming the HIT ID is only the #'s and letters in the middle of the url...I think it just automaticly did what you said to do and it seleted the rest by itself. It looked like only the HIT ID was in the HIT catcher name.
the HIT ID (or at least what I call a HIT ID) is that string of numbers and letters.

I don't understand what you did about Hit Catcher. In Firefox, I right-click/copy link when I'm hovered over the link to the task from the posting here. I paste it into the "add watcher" in Hit Catcher and delete off everything but the HIT ID. I have never had Hit Catcher automatically remove everything but the HIT ID. If it's done right, the HIT ID shows up in the item that Hit Catcher searches. Only after you get a catch does the HIT ID in the Hit Catcher item area change to the requesters name.

As for the qual HIT, it was posted here when it was active a few weeks ago so it wasn't a secret since someone was nice enough to share it here. That's how I found out about it and was able to catch it, work it and got the qual.

Reactions: Nique77

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
50 minutes left for dibs!
if you do call it, please tag me or else I might miss it

Reactions: jklmnop and aveline

Chris26

Reaction score
I believe the quals are usually open to everyone, but it's the HITs themselves that have the 5k approved requirement. I feel like every time those quals go out, there's always someone that gets the qual but doesn't have enough approved HITs to work on the actual batches.
Can confirm. I got the qual when I had like 100 approved HITs. Currently at 2500...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: jklmnop and aveline

Sailor Ripley

Reaction score
OK...thanks! Hopefully by then I want be such a noob and can figure out the best way to find that particular qual using MTS. :happy:

Also...I see some quals are .00 but some pay. Also, some say multiple are available...and some say 1...but really more than 1 person can do it. Still confused about that...but is all of that normal?
I lack the self discipline to 'always be qualling' but in my limited experience they can vary tremendously. Sometimes you'll get lucky and a requester will leave a "Take Test" option for the HIT you're not yet qualified for, some may or may not be labelled with 'qual' in the title so they're difficult to search for. I just try to make it a point to keep my eyes peeled here and also browse for new HITs with no minimum payout and get lucky and stumble on one. Your experience will probably differ, that's just what I do.

Reactions: Nique77 and aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score

It's hard to say. I wouldn't expect a qual batch to be around all day though. I think last time she posted a few small batches, but I don't think any of them lasted longer than 10-20 minutes. Then, of course, you have a million people running pandas once they're gone. MTurk isn't very forgiving when it comes to qual HITs. You often have to be in the right place at the right time to catch some of the better ones.

DCI

Reaction score
Then they'll put a timer on it that's shorter than the amount of time it takes to read the instructions and you'll get a bunch of ambiguous/broken HITs not knowing how many you need to do or how many more you'll be able to get. Good luck tho.

• Sad

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
[poorly designed HIT example, below]
6 minute timer...

"Only participate in this feedback if you are a PAST CUSTOMER of Traffic Law Counselors® 45BUCKS.com® located in Missouri (St. Louis Area)"

Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | Accept
Requester: jason tarter [A2A70LT06W4FH7] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 7.12
Duration: 6:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about our products
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
[poorly designed HIT example, below]
6 minute timer...

"Only participate in this feedback if you are a PAST CUSTOMER of Traffic Law Counselors® 45BUCKS.com® located in Missouri (St. Louis Area)"

Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | Accept
Requester: jason tarter [A2A70LT06W4FH7] Contact
TV: No Reviews
Reward: 7.12
Duration: 6:00
Description: Give us your opinion about our products
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.
Yeah.... that's the one I was talking about... they want you to give a positive review thingy :ROFL:

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
This one has been around a few days, I'm going in -

Title: Childhood Experiences and Social Behaviour | Accept
Requester: Cristian Bude [A3A8130MHPVD6T] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$27.08] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 6.00
Duration: 3:00:00
Description: The study will take about 45 minutes of your time. You will receive $6 for your participation.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location In CA, US

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This one has been around a few days, I'm going in -

Title: Childhood Experiences and Social Behaviour | Accept
Requester: Cristian Bude [A3A8130MHPVD6T] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$27.08] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 6.00
Duration: 3:00:00
Description: The study will take about 45 minutes of your time. You will receive $6 for your participation.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location In CA, US
Took me about 16, was pretty easy

Reactions: Concise

Nique77

Reaction score
So...is it tomorrow ...or ...when does the next thread start and this one end? I know I have asked this before but I don't think anyone has answered me.

Nique77

Reaction score
So...is it tomorrow ...or ...when does the next thread start and this one end? I know I have asked this before but I don't think anyone has answered me.
:yesyes: ...and that answers my question...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.