Status
Not open for further replies.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

If you are interested in creating a daily thread, please tag @dibs to let everyone know that you would like to claim the next day. It is first come, first serve and thread must be created and posted by 3a EST/12a PST.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Ugh, yes please.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Also where the hell am I supposed to buy kids toys now. At least before I bought from amazon I used to always use toys are us like a showroom lol :tearsofjoy:
Actually, a lot of toy stores are doing well. Toys R'Us had a bunch of things causing them to fail but, boutique stores are flourishing. Just may need to expand your shopping horizons and go somewhere else. Also, a lot of the stores will be pop-up toy stores, run by the people who own The Party Store, like the Halloween stores. They will just only be there for the holidays.

Also, Quoted from Yesterday's Thread...

Semi-Pro tip from your Uncle Jer;
:p

Good evening children. How's everyone? I know that the "daily" isn't probably the right place for this but, since it's time sensative, I figured I'd post it in a few places. :)

Anyway, I know a lot of people who turk are doing so on hand-me-down computers, and don't have a ton of money to be spending to replace something that is sorta working. So, if you want a killer deal on a used pc, Toys r'Us's going out of business sale ends tomorrow. All of their "registers" are hooked to a Dell 780, which they are selling for $60(less if you haggle, I did). But, while about to pay for my pc, I noticed one was slightly different. It was also marked $60. Then I found one more. They were Dell XE2's. The 780's go for around $120 used on Amazon. Buuuuut, if you can spot any of the XE2's, which they used if any registers broke down, those have an Intel "i" processor, 2 HDMI + 1 VGA outputs, and 8 gigs of RAM. They go for about $400, used, on Amazon. Or, if you have any extra cash, you could flip them for $200-$300 pretty quickly by undercutting the competition. :D

Also, don't be afraid to ask for the liquidator's phone number, and ask for a better price. I got an XE2, a touch screen monitor and an office chair for $105, which is a great price in my book. Then I got the other XE2 added on for $40(value $400!).

One more thing, they are only taking "credit". So, no cash. But, you can use your debit card as credit, if that works for you.
Yeah, it was a great deal on the 780. Almost unbelievable for the XE2!
I'm always looking for the out of the ordinary deals. Didn't look at the toys but, went straight for the tech. Those are the ones where you save the most. I also thougt a desktop touchscreen may be fun with my standing desk, to get some exercise.:D
A lot of "refurb" companies are buying the pc's in bulk but, there are usually a couple that they miss. If the registers are all marked "sold" ask, or take it upon yourself, to check the stockroom, the office, customer service, and the electronics section. The most likely newer computers are the ones in customer service and near the door. The old ones got the most use, hence the replacements. :)

Reactions: <Gucci> and aveline

<Gucci>

Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It just HAD to be Twinkies.... On Day 1 of me eating better.....

No worries. I’m eating about 1,000 calories a day. I’m sooooooo hungry I’m starving.
Literally. I justified eating 6 saltines tonight.
Dinner was an entire block of Tofu lite 140 calories with a little soy sauce blech.
If I can do it you can do it. We can be hangry together lol :hilarious:

MagicalStreams

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
Reaction score
I'm starting to think.... I can always start eating better tomorrow.... Kinda like that
thing they got going on over a Joe's.....

Stupid Twinkies......

Reactions: <Gucci> and aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
No worries. I’m eating about 1,000 calories a day. I’m sooooooo hungry I’m starving.
Literally. I justified eating 6 saltines tonight.
Dinner was an entire block of Tofu lite 140 calories with a little soy sauce blech.
If I can do it you can do it. We can be hangry together lol :hilarious:
I'm right there with you. I've been averaging around 1100 per day lately.

<Gucci>

Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I’ll dig around for boutique toy stores thanks Jerami @Jerami
Lol I didn’t know how to partially quote :bag:

Reactions: Jerami and aveline

<Gucci>

Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
I’ll dig around for boutique toy stores thanks Jerami @Jerami
Lol I didn’t know how to partially quote :bag:
Just go to the nearest Chinatown, I'm sure you'll find one or two stores selling toys. Things with tons of choking hazards and boxes of actions figures that say Ninja Turtles but for some reason have only two turtles, Superman and a Power Ranger.

Reactions: aveline and <Gucci>

<Gucci>

Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: aveline
Status
Not open for further replies.