Not open for further replies.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
It's slow, so I turned on a Carl Sandler panda. First image was some guy getting pegged by a woman.

Happy Sunday.

Reactions: It's Gamera!

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
My Hit Finder shows that I have the qual for one of those Survey Comet prediction hits that are weekly. Meaning they're recruiting new people to start working on them.

I'm actually torn on if I want to. Are they worth the money?

Reactions: SCOTTM

GTR

Reaction score
Title: Answer a 1-minute survey | Accept
Requester: Di Wang [A36F91LGT5XVEW] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=4.33] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 600
Available: 12
Description: Give us your opinion about a description of soft drink
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
not sure I trust Di Wang

jan

Reaction score
My Hit Finder shows that I have the qual for one of those Survey Comet prediction hits that are weekly. Meaning they're recruiting new people to start working on them.

It sort of depends on how many questions you have to answer, I think. I have to do 5 (that's the most). So, that sort of sucks.

I take a long time on them, so they aren't really 'worth it.' But I like that it is consistent and I can plan when to do it. So, it works for me - in that way.

Reactions: Kallee and tricker

alk69

Reaction score

This is the third time they've offered the thing to me. And this is the third time I've looked at it and said to myself('cause, of course I talk to myself all the time):'' No way Jose''. I'd do it for twice the offered pay--maybe, if I'm in the mood. This 'make predictions using online sources' is a dream the folks wanting this type of analytical analysis have now come up with. Use crowdsourcers to do this work instead of paying for professional analyzers. Well why not? We don't cost much, do we? In fact, we'll work for free....What next? Hire a crowdsourcer to represent you in your murder trial?..Or how 'bout a group of them? We'll go 'majority rules' You might get off.

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
This is the third time they've offered the thing to me. And this is the third time I've looked at it and said to myself('cause, of course I talk to myself all the time):'' No way Jose''. I'd do it for twice the offered pay--maybe, if I'm in the mood. This 'make predictions using online sources' is a dream the folks wanting this type of analytical analysis have now come up with. Use crowdsourcers to do this work instead of paying for professional analyzers. Well why not? We don't cost much, do we? In fact, we'll work for free....What next? Hire a crowdsourcer to represent you in your murder trial?..Or how 'bout a group of them? We'll go 'majority rules' You might get off.
It doesn't take the time they state. Most people take between 20 to 40 minutes. I rather enjoy doing them.

Reactions: Kallee and alk69

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Jun 09, 2018.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 164

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 164
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $4.69
- HIT reward earned: $57.52
- Total Amount earned this week: $62.21

cassius

Reaction score
That exists on here. What's it called? Empirical Jury or something? They are running focus groups.

Reactions: alk69

GTR

Reaction score

only a few more to go whew, gonna stay away from them until they change the rejections policy

Kallee

Contributor
Reaction score

If you'd asked me that yesterday, I would have said no way don't do it it's underpaid (mood-related). But, they honestly don't take that long (I have to do 3 questions citing two sources each ~40 minutes taking my time). Last week I returned it, and immediately regretted being lazy and not doing it.

Last edited:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Findy App Super Survey - 1.7 | Accept
Requester: Jason Phillips [A2P549G8MU3X8X] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 10800
Available: 1
Description: In this quick survey, we will be adventuring through the features of the latest and greatest Findy build. A little bit of feedback goes a long way to improve our app, so thanks for being here! Your grand prize awaits you.
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

alk69

Reaction score

only a few more to go whew, gonna stay away from them until they change the rejections policy
I'm gonna avoid them too until they start using reasonable images. Geos have always used these over-sized poor quality images and expected good data. Garbage in, garbage out. Give us good data with which to work, and then expect good data in return.....and then address the argument of speed vs quality. They seem to be trying to blame the workers for their lousy images... The latest batches seem to be pared down a little, but quality is still terrible. I looked at a couple yesterday. The first image was eye-blinding magenta and blurry. The second was red, dark and hazy. Really, now, Geo, and you want good work outta that? I might be able to work miracles with visuals, but I can't do magic.

Reactions: GTR

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

It seems they've had a lot of workers drop out. I like them and think it's worth the money. Takes me about an hour (with toddler interruptions and research) and I haven't gotten an reprimand email, yet :fingerscrossed:

Status
Not open for further replies.