06/06 - Wild Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicalStreams

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
Reaction score
i'm already over 200, at this pace i should be at 400 by lunch

thanks to secret closed quals

:tinfoil:
I understand the concept of Quals, and I come across them from time to time, Is there a way to look for quals besides the obvious "Qualify" or "Qual" searches?

Reactions: GTR

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I understand the concept of Quals, and I come across them from time to time, Is there a way to look for quals besides the obvious "Qualify" or "Qual" searches?
go through this -
https://worker.mturk.com/?page_size=100&filters[qualified]=false&filters[masters]=false&sort=reward_desc&filters[min_reward]=0&page_number=1 [if you have masters, change the masters to true]

click to show details

search for 'take test'

being able to block requesters from your search will be potentially useful

-----

also, do searches for specific [partial] keywords, like qual, demograph, longitud, follow, [your mturk ID - useful for follow ups that they didn't email you about, make up hits, reiumburses, etc], recruit, screen, etc

Last edited:

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: 7 Minute Clothing, Dress, Fashion Survey(≈ 7 minutes) | Accept
Requester: SurveyComet [A3NC2P2SPK9QQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$21.06] [Pay=3.97] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=4.40] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.24] [Fast=4.74] [Comm=4.29] [Fair=4.85] [Reviews=493] [ToS=1]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1800
Available: 1
Description: A short survey on your thoughts on Clothing, Dress, Fashion in Daily Life
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US; Exc: [91382-90793] DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: jan

GTR

Reaction score
first off, i was bull jiving on those stats, as far as closed quals, you mainly have to be in the right place at the right time, lot of luck goes into that not skill, but keeps your eyes open on the forums as they will post any good quals that drop

MagicalStreams

Reaction score
go through this -
https://worker.mturk.com/?page_size=100&filters[qualified]=false&filters[masters]=false&sort=reward_desc&filters[min_reward]=0&page_number=1 [if you have masters, change the masters to true]

click to show details

search for 'take test'

being able to block requesters from your search will be potentially useful

-----

also, do searches for specific [partial] keywords, like qual, demograph, longitud, follow, [your mturk ID - useful for follow ups that they didn't email you about, make up hits, reiumburses, etc], recruit, screen, etc
Thank you SOOO much! That's super helpful! I found a couple of test already.

MagicalStreams

Reaction score
first off, i was bull jiving on those stats, as far as closed quals, you mainly have to be in the right place at the right time, lot of luck goes into that not skill, but keeps your eyes open on the forums as they will post any good quals that drop
I figured it was part tongue in cheek and part in the know, so I figured I would ask,how to be more in the know. Information is more valuable (to me at least ) than a spoon fed HoTD.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you SOOO much! That's super helpful! I found a couple of test already.
oh... and just because you get a qual, doesn't mean it's necessarily useful.

look at the time and risks involved in a hit - some quals are for tasks that pay mediocre or worse

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
There is some skill involved.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I figured it was part tongue in cheek and part in the know, so I figured I would ask,how to be more in the know. Information is more valuable (to me at least ) than a spoon fed HoTD.
and just because something fits a keyword that is for an ongoing or 'qual' type of hit, take a look at whether it's worth your time.

for example, I listed the keyword "longitud [inal]"

-

this was just put up on mturk - https://worker.mturk.com/projects/389X50RO4VVX8BX139DBYFX6DPP34E/tasks
Title: Longitudinal Study on Emotional Responses to Substantial Purchases(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Eric Mercadante [A35B3AFO5JQNZ0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$3.31] [Pay=1.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.50] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=2.31] [Pen=0.35 days] [Res=null] [Rec=0%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 0.30
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: We will ask you to describe your emotions about a recent purchase you have made. We will also contact you weekly for the next 4 weeks for short, 5 minute follow-up surveys.
Qualifications: Exc: [91772-91183] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
I would not do that task, but that's where personal preference comes in, I guess

Reactions: MagicalStreams

MagicalStreams

Reaction score
and just because something fits a keyword that is for an ongoing or 'qual' type of hit, take a look at whether it's worth your time.

for example, I listed the keyword "longitud [inal]"

-

this was just put up on mturk - https://worker.mturk.com/projects/389X50RO4VVX8BX139DBYFX6DPP34E/tasks

I would not do that task, but that's where personal preference comes in, I guess
I see, Thanks! I learn something new every day, which I think is why I still get excited about MTurk, it's not boring to me, which I am sure to some folks after awhile it becomes.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
you know, so many surveys lately have that 'captcha' check to see if I'm a bot

I find it difficult to believe so many bots are being used to complete surveys

Status
Not open for further replies.