06/06 - Maroon Clownfish Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Raihani Lab for work related to 3O2Y2UIUCPT7JRXHWJNS8JIKSXAFKA.
The value of your bonus is: $2.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thanks for taking part in this study. You lost some of your bonus, either due to your or partner to random damage. NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Reactions: booboo33

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from The Choice Lab for work related to 3KI0JD2ZU1SR5VRMRWJE7AD8RK176P.
The value of your bonus is: $1.88 USD

The Requester included this note:
Person

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
Tally. It looks like it is sliding east (in the projected map) - and if that trend continues, I expect it to slide a bit more by the time it hits - which is good. That puts us on the safer side of the storm. I called someone out from the city to look at the tree - I don't know if they'll be out today or sometime this week.
I'm new to Florida (Ft Myers area)... which is the best site for watching these kinds of storms? I'm trying to figure out how much of this storm is going to hit us. We're about as prepared as we're going to be at this point, but being home with two toddlers it's nice to know what to expect. Do you think it's going to hit me at all being in Ft Myers?

jan

Reaction score
I'm new to Florida (Ft Myers area)... which is the best site for watching these kinds of storms? I'm trying to figure out how much of this storm is going to hit us. We're about as prepared as we're going to be at this point, but being home with two toddlers it's nice to know what to expect. Do you think it's going to hit me at all being in Ft Myers?
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/205438.shtml?5-daynl

at this point, you'll see bands of rain, for sure. If it hits you as a tropical storm and you're right next to the coast (w/in a mile or so) - you'll get all of the wind that comes with it.
I don't think it will slide that far south (this is just because, watching the NOAA updates, it seems to be moving from it's original trajectory slightly south). But you're on the stronger side of the storm - more rain than if the cone itself were to the south of you.

If it gets closer - where you are - the only precaution I might make is to move my car. Those palms just sort of topple in storms and it's not uncommon for them to get squashed. We're up N., so the typography is very different (no palms - we have big trees :(.

But looking at the map, I don't think you're in much danger at all, just some rain and wind. It's not even up to a hurricane. Fr. Meyers and S. FL are used to lots of rain storms anyway. It's just the car I'd watch out for (at this point).

Last edited:
Reactions: PhantomCatt

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/205438.shtml?5-daynl

at this point, you'll see bands of rain, for sure. If it hits you as a tropical storm and you're right next to the coast (w/in a mile or so) - you'll get all of the wind that comes with it.
I don't think it will slide that far south (this is just because, watching the NOAA updates, it seems to be moving from it's original trajectory slightly south). But you're on the stronger side of the storm - more rain than if the cone itself were to the south of you.

If it gets closer - where you are - the only precaution I might make is to move my car. Those palms just sort of topple in storms and it's not uncommon for them to get squashed. We're up N., so the typography is very different (no palms - we have big trees :(.

But looking at the map, I don't think you're in much danger at all, just some rain and wind. It's not even up to a hurricane. Fr. Meyers and S. FL are used to lots of rain storms anyway. It's just the car I'd watch out for (at this point).
Thanks for all the info! Luckily hubby is taking the car with him to work today and is parking it inside of one of the storage units (he works at a storage place). The only thing I'm concerned about is that I live about 1/2 mile from the large river just north of Ft Myers (I can barely pronounce it yet, much less spell it LOL). Being my first storm at this new place, I'm concerned about flooding from the river even though people have assured me it doesn't flood much over here. Just seems like it would being that close to the river IDK

Depending on how bad the storms get I may be on and off my computer today... I've got a NICE surge protector for my desktop, but I may switch to my laptop. Just trying to leave everything on the charger as long as possible today... Good luck to you with your tree! Stay safe!

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
I just hope this storm doesn't strengthen anymore. It is hitting to close to home for me.

Reactions: PhantomCatt
Reaction score
I know it's scary when you're new... but I promise that most of us don't bite too hard :wink:
Btw, my account was suspended over the weekend abruptly, i think i got a hard block from a requester, so just waiting for amazon's reply, i contacted them and they told me to wait for 2-3 business days for final decision, hope i get my account back, otherwise, am so depressed right now. Am willing to wait for any time period as long as i get it back, any tips.

Reactions: Tribune and jan

Shannon

Reaction score
Its only going to be 100 today! I've never been so excited X.X

Reactions: Devil_Dawg

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: This is a survey that involves a reading task. | PANDA
Requester: BULeeds [ARP3CT4PD9EJC] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.21 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.91 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 17 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This a 5 minute study that involves a reading task.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 5000;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98;Location is US

Reactions: BlueSkyHippie

jan

Reaction score
Btw, my account was suspended over the weekend abruptly, i think i got a hard block from a requester, so just waiting for amazon's reply, i contacted them and they told me to wait for 2-3 business days for final decision, hope i get my account back, otherwise, am so depressed right now. Am willing to wait for any time period as long as i get it back, any tips.
What were your numbers? Did you have a low approval? Was it just the one hard block?
You don't have to answer that - but those are some of the questions you want to be clear about. Amazon has - lately - reinstated accounts, but only with a LOT of advocacy. It takes more than just waiting for an answer (though you have to do that, too). You'll have to really press the issue.............
well, unless it was a complete mistake or they needed infor to verify your account.

If not, it's going to take some work - so be prepared!

Last edited:

jan

Reaction score
Title: Evaluate a Drinking Bottle(~ 1 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Benedikt Schnurr [A1IS9R06USPB5N] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 0.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.52 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.75 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.27 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 22
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Tell us what you think about this drinking bottle
Time: 10 minutes
Hits Available: 16
Reward: $0.10
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [9476637-13732] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US

Reactions: Shannon

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
What were your numbers? Did you have a low approval? Was it just the one hard block?
You don't have to answer that - but those are some of the questions you want to be clear about. Amazon has - lately - reinstated accounts, but only with a LOT of advocacy. It takes more than just waiting for an answer (though you have to do that, too). You'll have to really press the issue.............
well, unless it was a complete mistake or they needed infor to verify your account.

Agreed. I'd start out with throwing "mturk, account warning" into your email search field. See what pops up. Note the dates of any related messages.

Reactions: jan
Reaction score
I had submitted like 3650 hits with 99.4% approval rating. it was too abrupt I didn't even tell which other requester blocked me, It was after a refresh. i only know one of the requesters. Anyway am ready for the work. Even if it takes a month, am ready to go through the hard stuff. Amazon told me i had received multiple blocks so am just waiting for their reply.

Reaction score

I had submitted like 3650 hits with 99.4% approval rating. it was too abrupt I didn't even tell which other requester blocked me, It was after a refresh. i only know one of the requesters. Anyway am ready for the work. Even if it takes a month, am ready to go through the hard stuff. Amazon told me i had received multiple blocks so am just waiting for their reply.

Jezebel

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.