06/03 - Famous Lipton Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score
I skimmed them when I got them for danawhitaker @danawhitaker but aside from that, the character irks me at times. Especially in the earlier seasons of the show.
I haven read any in the series for a few years. I remember her being a strong female character. From what I gather, the books are based on Tempe Brennan while the show is based more on Kathy Reichs (author.)

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
Vodka for me. Melatonin doesn't make me sleep and I get trails like in Donnie Darko from it. Doc prescribed ambien but I only take it rarely, even though he's been writing me 30 a month for 6 months. I don't like to rely on "sleep meds." But ambien may be easier on the liver. I need to research further. With ambien, you have to want to sleep. If you want it, it will happen. For whatever reason, I fight sleep at all costs except for naps.
Seroquel on the other hand... Jesus. Take one and don't make any plans the next day.

Reactions: Jerami

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You should come by and have some tea with me and cookies (or graham crackers and pb lol)
I could use a tea, right now. What a good idea! Thanks. :D I think I may have fallen asleep behind the wheel of my MTruck. I've been staring at yesterday's thread for a half hour, wondering why y'all were so quiet. :p

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
[

i wish tea knocked my ass out. I need ketamine.
Mmmm. Cat and subhuman primate tranquilizer. You're full of good ideas. I want you to know that.:wink:

Reactions: SpookyMyers

Empress328

Semi Well-Known Member
Reaction score

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
Mmmm. Cat and subhuman primate tranquilizer. You're full of good ideas. I want you to know that.:wink:
Ohhhh, I know. :) I've had "special K" exactly once and it was under a doctor's supervision. I can't imagine doing it without someone "in charge." lol

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Ohhhh, I know. :) I've had "special K" exactly once and it was under a doctor's supervision. I can't imagine doing it without someone "in charge." lol
Worst drug ever invented. People who use it recreationally are short on brain cells. Forgetting days is not my idea of a good time.

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
Worst drug ever invented. People who use it recreationally are short on brain cells. Forgetting days is npt my idea of a good time.
I had it when they cut into me to pull a baby out and I started screaming because the epidural hadn't worked. I told the anesthesiologist before that I wasn't numb but he thought I was crazy. Wish I'd sued that fuckface for malpractice now.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I had it when they cut into me to pull a baby out and I started screaming because the epidural hadn't worked. I told the anesthesiologist before that I wasn't numb but he thought I was crazy. Wish I'd sued that fuckface for malpractice now.
That sucks. Sorry. It has it's uses, in surgery. But, I don't understand the appeal of a drug that makes it so that you can do nothing. It just doesn't even sound fun.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Is there a HIT Export script that lets you export from the active HIT window, or the ' HITs Assigned To You' page?

Last edited:

BlurryFace

Antisocial Optimist
Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a HIT Export script that lets you export from the active HIT window, or the 'Assigned HITs' page?
Probably is but I don't know of it. I could had used it for that $2.00 hit by Routledge Lab that had a sketchy TO. Took only 14 mins but it's gone now.

EDIT: I might add that it approved already too.

Last edited:

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
That sucks. Sorry. It has it's uses, in surgery but I don't understand the appeal of a drug that makes it so that you can do nothing. It just doesn't even sound fun.
Thanks. In the end, totally worth it. Women go through hell to bring kids into the world. It was super fun but mainly because I was safe. It's a totally dissociative state you go into. I thought I was in an Insian palace and I was describing the rich, golden tapestries I saw... I felt no pain, that's for sure. But I do wonder, if my anesthesiologist hadn't been so preoccupied with the Michael Jackson case on TV, if I wouldn't have received better care.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Probably is but I don't know of it. I could had used it for that $2.00 hit by Routledge Lab that had a sketchy TO. Took only 14 mins but it's gone now.
I used to use TA and it had an "enhanced HIT capsule" that allowed you to export from any screen. The way I work, those are the 2 places that I can efficiently post HITs from. I grab them first, and it makes no sense to back all the way out to the 'HITs Available To You' tab to export. Makes me sad because I end up not posting, which is no fun. I like to share HITs.

Reactions: BlurryFace

BlurryFace

Antisocial Optimist
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to use TA and it had an "enhanced HIT capsule" that allowed you to export from any screen. The way I work, those are the 2 places that I can efficiently post HITs from. I grab them first, and it makes no sense to back all the way out to the 'HITs Available To You' tab to export. Makes me sad because I end up not posting, which is no fun. I like to share HITs.
Agreed! I've missed HIT's because I was more concerned of sharing it first lol

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
Thanks. In the end, totally worth it. Women go through hell to bring kids into the world. It was super fun but mainly because I was safe. It's a totally dissociative state you go into. I thought I was in an Insian palace and I was describing the rich, golden tapestries I saw... I felt no pain, that's for sure. But I do wonder, if my anesthesiologist hadn't been so preoccupied with the Michael Jackson case on TV, if I wouldn't have received better care.
My wife delivered both of our children via cesarean. I remember, before kids, reading a Hemingway short story about a doctor performing a c-section with a bowie knife and fishing lure. I thought "Wow, good thing we've made advances beyond that." And like, no, no we haven't.

So I guess my blathering means "good on ya."

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife delivered both of our children via cesarean. I remember, before kids, reading a Hemingway short story about a doctor performing a c-section with a bowie knife and fishing lure. I thought "Wow, good thing we've made advances beyond that." And like, no, no we haven't.

So I guess my blathering means "good on ya."
Exactly. :) (And thanks. Mothers are badass. Haha.)

Reactions: Azazael
Status
Not open for further replies.