Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
This song has been helping me. Makes me cry everytime, but it makes me believe that things will get better

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score
I can imagine how something like that could definitely strengthn your guys' bond.

My ex said she can't juggle a relationship with long distance, college and a job. No signs she wants to be friends, either. 2 weeks no contact now. Every text I get... I hope it's from her, but it's not.

/emo
How old is she? That's probably the better question, I guess. I have always kinda been one that wanted to settle down and have babies. Not at 16, but even at that point I knew what I wanted and how I wanted things to pan out. At 39, there's a part of me that wishes I'd met my husband later, had a few more heartbreaks under my belt (only 2 for me.) I'll tell you this. And if someone had told me at 26 or even at 32 I'd have laughed and told them to fuck off... Life is short and there are no guarantees. Find happiness where you can and let the small stuff go. If it's meant to be, you will end up together. I Separated from my husband for a while when we lived in CA. Then 9/11 happened (I know, I know. But at the time it was HUGE) and it put everything into perspective for both of us. Lots more has happened since then and we've had our problems for sure. There have been times when I've thought "fuck this" and then something else happens to focus me on what matters and what doesn't. I typically need a wake up call every 5-7 years or so. I just wish they didn't hurt so much.

Reaction score
I know I did all I could, but in a way that also hurts more. I literally did all I could. I'm going to start writing more often.
Hope you feel better. Don't put yourself down. I'm saying this because it seems in a way you are. Give yourself some more credit. You did all you could. It didn't work out and that is all. Not everything in life works out.

Reactions: Peachy

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
How old is she? That's probably the better question, I guess. I have always kinda been one that wanted to settle down and have babies. Not at 16, but even at that point I knew what I wanted and how I wanted things to pan out. At 39, there's a part of me that wishes I'd met my husband later, had a few more heartbreaks under my belt (only 2 for me.) I'll tell you this. And if someone had told me at 26 or even at 32 I'd have laughed and told them to fuck off... Life is short and there are no guarantees. Find happiness where you can and let the small stuff go. If it's meant to be, you will end up together. I Separated from my husband for a while when we lived in CA. Then 9/11 happened (I know, I know. But at the time it was HUGE) and it put everything into perspective for both of us. Lots more has happened since then and we've had our problems for sure. There have been times when I've thought "fuck this" and then something else happens to focus me on what matters and what doesn't. I typically need a wake up call every 5-7 years or so. I just wish they didn't hurt so much.
She's about to be 24. She's never lived on her own before. So this will be a big change for her moving 3 hrs away for college. I told her I'd give her all the space she needs when everything happens and while she's away, but she was firm in her decision. Now I'm to the point where I'm putting my ego aside and willing to be just friends with her and to provide support for her when she's up there. I know she could meet someone while there, but I'm willing to still be her friend. She has shown zero signs of wanting to be friends though. Hence the no contact. I'm thinking she may be very overwhelmed with the move in a couple months. or she might just plain not want me in her life anymore. I'm not naive, either

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn't help that deep down I think I'm going to marry this girl in the future somehow. Bye guys
I thought the same of my ex... My hub was a total rebound and knew it. Somehow he ended up being exactly what I needed, even if I want to strangle him occasionally. I still talk to my ex. He's happy-ish. I'm happy-ish. There's still that history and that sense of love lost but we are better with our spouses than we were with each other.

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
She's about to be 24. She's never lived on her own before. So this will be a big change for her moving 3 hrs away for college. I told her I'd give her all the space she needs when everything happens and while she's away, but she was firm in her decision. Now I'm to the point where I'm putting my ego aside and willing to be just friends with her and to provide support for her when she's up there. I know she could meet someone while there, but I'm willing to still be her friend. She has shown zero signs of wanting to be friends though. Hence the no contact. I'm thinking she may be very overwhelmed with the move in a couple months. or she might just plain not want me in her life anymore. I'm not naive, either
she may be hearing ulterior motives in "just friends" and need time. Lay low. Let her miss you.

Reactions: Azazael and Peachy

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
His hits are voice only. I'm ok with that. I don't do stickys or anything I have to give webcam to.
Seriously?

Okay, I just reread the directions... "Description: Record the screen of your smartphone or tablet and your voice while you spend 1 minute talking about your first visit to a mobile website"....

I thought that meant record what is on your webcam screen and voice also... thanks for that. I'd need to load something Android for screen capture now (unless it's just screen snaps). I may actually do these now. :sunglasses:

Reactions: SpookyMyers

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously?

Okay, I just reread the directions... "Description: Record the screen of your smartphone or tablet and your voice while you spend 1 minute talking about your first visit to a mobile website"....

I thought that meant record what is on your webcam screen and voice also... thanks for that. I'd need to load something Android for screen capture now (unless it's just screen snaps). I may actually do these now. :sunglasses:
Absolutely. There are very explicit instructions on how to turn your webcam off. :). I also have electrical tape over mine because I'm schizo. :p

Reactions: Concise

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
Doesn't this sound VERY familiar?
Indeed, it does. :) Y'all and your girl problems make me feel like a wise old lady. But none of you listen.

Last edited:

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Absolutely. There are very explicit instructions on how to turn your webcam off. :). I also have electrical tape over mine because I'm schizo. :p
ditto. Also, there is no way to disable the onboard mic, with this particular op env and computer / drivers, so I have a big thick layer of paper towels folded up and taped over it.... ain't we fancy :) (and.. most likely poor)

Welcome to MsGyver 's technical support! Need to retrieve data on a fried hard disk? I'll need a rubber band, a screwdriver, and some duct tape....

Reactions: SpookyMyers

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
ditto. Also, there is no way to disable the onboard mic, with this particular op env and computer / drivers, so I have a big thick layer of paper towels folded up and taped over it.... ain't we fancy :) (and.. most likely poor)

Welcome to MsGyver 's technical support! Need to retrieve data on a fried hard disk? I'll need a rubber band, a screwdriver, and some duct tape....
:wine::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Reactions: Concise
Status
Not open for further replies.