Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Shannon

Reaction score
What about the white ones? In captivity, surely they live longer. Also, came upon an injured turkey vulture today feasting on one of your brethren. I stopped and helped him out (the vulture, not the rat. It was too late for him.). And he puked on me. I went to work with vulture vomit on me because I kick ass like that
White rats or the domesticated ones usually live 1-2 years... They have a very short life span all domesticated rats do.

Reactions: Concise and Jerami

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score
White rats or the domesticated ones usually live 1-2 years... They have a very short life span all domesticated rats do.
I'd expect the white ones to live much longer in captivity than in the wild, since they're such an easy target in the wild... White/albino anything.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
PE $65. Thanks UNU and Pindrop and H1NL. That's all for today, since tomorrow starts in 11 minutes.

Reactions: Concise and Kizka

Shannon

Reaction score
I'd expect the white ones to live much longer in captivity than in the wild, since they're such an easy target in the wild... White/albino anything.
They have a strain of bacteria they carry that makes them susceptible to respiratory infections called mycoplasma. Unless born by c sections (which is how labs rats are bred) I think its like 90% of rats have it. Even then lab rats that are well taken care of and carefully quarantined still have a less than 3 year life span. They are just not made to live long. I have a boy who is 2 years and like 2 months hes on his way out quickly.
White rats with red eyes are mostly blind as well.

Reactions: SpookyMyers
Status
Not open for further replies.