06/01 - Falafel Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a short survey about decision making in a forensic context. | Accept
Requester: UNSW Forensic Lab [A5E8P2L5P6JBS] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.24] [Pay=3.44] [Fast=4.50] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.23] [Fast=4.84] [Comm=4.33] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=71] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=9.96] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 3600
Available: 22
Description: You will be asked to make decisions on forensic science evidence.
Qualifications: B Study 2 DoesNotExist ; Plausibility_Pilot Study DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
5 min[/td][/tr]

Reactions: savvy

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: 20 minute survey on visual perception and ethical judgments | Accept
Requester: Keysar Lab [A2B5GKV13T45M1] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.07] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.94] [Fast=3.87] [Comm=2.19] [Fair=3.66] [Reviews=80] [ToS=3]
TO2: [Hrly=10.16] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.10
Available: 1
Description: Make judgments about shapes and judgments about ethics.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Returned this, way too tedious.

Reactions: Kliq, GTR and jan

jan

Reaction score
btw, the very first time I ever made falafel (a very long time ago!) I followed the recipe from the original Moosewood Cookbook and cooked the chickpeas.

That was a mistake, just soak them (much easier). I might make that this weekend (thanks for the reminder :)

Reactions: cassius and savvy

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I love falafel. Mmm.

Reactions: jan

cassius

Reaction score
btw, the very first time I ever made falafel (a very long time ago!) I followed the recipe from the original Moosewood Cookbook and cooked the chickpeas.

That was a mistake, just soak them (much easier). I might make that this weekend (thanks for the reminder :)
Brings up a favorite memory. First hubby had to renew his visa during a turbulent time. We took Christmas break and went to DC to do it right. We went to the embassy serving his country at that time since his embassy was closed. In some little corner of DC we found the wonderful Persian restaurant. It was literally a hole in the wall but the food was some of the best. And the time we had there was fantastic. Persian are nothing if not great hosts. Many, many years later I was at a Persian concert and met some friends who were in DC recently. I mentioned the hole in the wall restaurant that was there back then. And they said, "Guess what? It's still there and it's still a hole in the wall but as great as ever."

Reactions: jan

GTR

Reaction score
My god that Keysar Lab 20 minute survey on visual perception and ethical judgments was F'N awful. took me 48 minutes and thought it would never end. pissed me off so bad I sent them a message.

Hi, I just took your study and I want to say that this was nowhere near the 20 minutes that you say in the HIT title, this took me 48 minutes to complete including the timed sections of pages, and after going thru what should have been the study with the {REDACTICATED,} there were two more sections to complete.

So I would say this was underpaid for the time spent and it would have been better to put a time for the study as closer to 40 minutes than the describe 20 minutes. I would have returned the HIT but I had gone that far into it, that I went ahead and finished it.

All I ask is that in future studies please put a more accurate time in the title so turkers can decide if they want to do the HIT or not and not get halfway into the study and see that it is going to be twice as long as described in the HIT title. I am not trying to be critical I'm just stating my experience with this particular study.

Thank You
WORKER: A

so mad when I wrote this hope it sounds ok and not assholery

Reactions: TxTurk and jan

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey about Social Groups | Accept
Requester: Ariane Doehring [ACIEQFHO8OJAY] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.75
Duration: 3000
Description: Answer 5 demographic questions. This will take approx. 15 seconds. Only if you qualify, you will be offered a 20 minutes multiple-choice survey and receive $1,75 for giving your personal opinion on statements about social groups.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Turkoneup

Reaction score
My god that Keysar Lab 20 minute survey on visual perception and ethical judgments was F'N awful. took me 48 minutes and thought it would never end. pissed me off so bad I sent them a message.

Hi, I just took your study and I want to say that this was nowhere near the 20 minutes that you say in the HIT title, this took me 48 minutes to complete including the timed sections of pages, and after going thru what should have been the study with the {REDACTICATED,} there were two more sections to complete.

So I would say this was underpaid for the time spent and it would have been better to put a time for the study as closer to 40 minutes than the describe 20 minutes. I would have returned the HIT but I had gone that far into it, that I went ahead and finished it.

All I ask is that in future studies please put a more accurate time in the title so turkers can decide if they want to do the HIT or not and not get halfway into the study and see that it is going to be twice as long as described in the HIT title. I am not trying to be critical I'm just stating my experience with this particular study.

Thank You
WORKER: A

so mad when I wrote this hope it sounds ok and not assholery
Yeahhh, so glad I noped out and returned that one just a few mins in. On the other hand... Mturk is pretty damn dead right now... still will choose my sanity over a HIT like this!

Reactions: GTR and jan

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Eligibility Screener(~ 3 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Alissa Hochman [A20VS941MZTKYE] Contact
Reward: 0.05
Description: Brief screener to determine eligibility for study
Qualifications: Exc: [2910917-90537] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

jan

Reaction score
carpool time..................:DCI:

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
morning
hard drive bit the dust. no gif this morning because this laptop is so infuriatingly slow I can barely browse reddit.

Reactions: theturkscribe

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
9 min going slow
Title: Survey about Social Groups | Accept
Requester: Ariane Doehring [ACIEQFHO8OJAY] Contact
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.75
Duration: 3000
Description: Answer 5 demographic questions. This will take approx. 15 seconds. Only if you qualify, you will be offered a 20 minutes multiple-choice survey and receive $1,75 for giving your personal opinion on statements about social groups.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 98
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

GTR

Reaction score
Yeahhh, so glad I noped out and returned that one just a few mins in. On the other hand... Mturk is pretty damn dead right now... still will choose my sanity over a HIT like this!
trust me you did the right thing. I would have quit too but i was hoping there would be a tell us your comments about our study at the end, so i could give them what i really thought

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
morning
hard drive bit the dust. no gif this morning because this laptop is so infuriatingly slow I can barely browse reddit.
UGH I'm so sorry. Just went through that. I hope you had stuff backed up somehow.

Reactions: themildone

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
UGH I'm so sorry. Just went through that. I hope you had stuff backed up somehow.
I backed everything important up yesterday when I first started getting the errors, so that's all good. It's just going to be shitty turking from my laptop for the next 2 weeks until I get the new hard drive. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.