Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Shut up. By the way, you should watch The Devil's Backbone, it's a great horror movie by Guillermo del Toro.
I've seen that and I liked it a lot but I didn't think it was really a horror movie. It just had supernatural elements.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I've seen that and I liked it a lot but I didn't think it was really a horror movie. It just had supernatural elements.
Oh then I'm sorry you're so wrong about this.

Reactions: Vanyanka

Pleco

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The Orphanage was pretty good as well.

Bex

Reaction score

Hi guys!
So I woke up this morning to this rejection. There was a technical problem with the HIT apparently, even though I spent 10 minutes completing it and it went through successfully. Did anyone else submit this hit? It was an untested requester so I thought I'd take a chance. Bad mistake!

I've sent an email asking for them to undo the rejection but I don't have high hopes. What are your thoughts on rejections which aren't even your own fault?

I'm so angry right now, I had to share it with you lot!

RaffRiffofTurk

The Lord of Darkness Until 8 AM
Contributor
Reaction score
I am pretty unphased by American Horror of late but what got me most recently are ARGs. Like where they blend the lines between what's real and not. Man, when I did the thing related to Marble Hornets while that was still new late at night with the lights off I'd be terrified. A Serbian Movie is pretty good if you want sheer shock factor too. For my money though, I like zombie films the best. Specifically the more low budget Romero movies. Land of the Dead was kind of a misstep but Diary, Night, Dawn, and the original Day were all good things which taught important lessons about human nature. While it's not horror per sae I always think of Aliens where Ripley is looking at Burke and she says "At least you don't see them trying to sell each other out for a goddamn percentage." Horror is great when it teaches us that maybe we're the monsters. I digress.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Hi guys!
So I woke up this morning to this rejection. There was a technical problem with the HIT apparently, even though I spent 10 minutes completing it and it went through successfully. Did anyone else submit this hit? It was an untested requester so I thought I'd take a chance. Bad mistake!

I've sent an email asking for them to undo the rejection but I don't have high hopes. What are your thoughts on rejections which aren't even your own fault?

That really sucks. Requesters who do this are usually ignorant as to how rejections affect turkers. Or they just don't care. I've had several rejections reversed by writing polite emails explaining the situation so it's always worth a shot.

I've gotten to the point where I barely care about rejections and just shrug them off because I have a lot of numbers padding. I remember it used to ruin my day though.

Pleco

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I haven't seen that one but I have it on my list of things to watch.
You totally should, one of the rare horror movies these days that doesn't go for cheap jump scares or shocking gruesome scenes but instead builds an atmosphere of tension throughout that's scary as hell.

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score

Hi guys!

Hey Bex! IME, 80% aren't really justified but you take them as they come. I don't know what your numbers are but as they get higher, the rejections seem to matter a little less. I used to take each and every one personally, and I still am bitter about p9r, but they don't really affect the bottom line. I don't gamble on penny hits anymore but I still gamble. The more hits you do, the more wiggle room you have and most requesters are not scammers.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I just bought like three horror books for my Kindle. Thanks a lot, guys. I'm probably going to be divorced in the morning.

Pleco

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I just bought like three horror books for my Kindle. Thanks a lot, guys. I'm probably going to be divorced in the morning.
This week just keeps getting worse and worse.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.