05/27 - Mellow Monday

How you feeling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I Ching

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't either. But I understand that it's a real asset when hamming a batch.

Also collecting quals, to limit the worker pool.
How is scripting an asset when doing batches?

jijab

Reaction score
Pluses - I assume she's been driving for at least a year (learners permit is what they are called here) so she has some driving experience.

Your car is probably decent so it should have a lot of safety features and drivers aids to help her.

I also assume she's a responsible girl so she probably will abide by the traffic laws

If you as a seemingly very responsible mom thought she was immature and couldn't handle it, you might have done your best to keep her from learning to drive until she grew up more.

A minus - I bet she's gone to the amusement park with a gaggle of other teen girls.

A plus - I got to use "gaggle" in something again.
Here they have to be 15 and a half to start learning so she's only been driving for 6 months, but she is super responsible and the rules here only allow one friend in the car at a time until you are 18 so she isn't with a gaggle :LOL:

PLUS: She got home a few minutes ago safe and sound and I smothered her with hugs and kisses because no matter how old she gets she will always be my baby! Now I am feeling sweet relief :)

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Do you all find panda crazy to be better than hit catcher or vice versa? Edit: Reason I ask is because my HC doesn't seem to catch too much as compared to when I used to use PC over a year ago. Although that don't necessarily mean its the script and could be just the general availability of the hits. One more question.... I read in a couple posts that there is a new Hit scanner out called Turkenator and I was reading a sub reddit and the dev (I'm guessing) Kaduchi claims that this is going to be the best yet and will pretty much guarantee increased work loads over previous scripts.

Any of yous using Turkenator?
I think it's just HIT availability, or maybe differences in how you have them setup. They basically work the same way (Panda Crazy has some extra features, but they don't really affect your ability to catch more HITs over HIT Catcher).

Turkernator is nice, I like it. But it's a lot more than just something for catching HITs. Just the HIT catching component of it is more on par with Panda Crazy I think, in terms of functionality (aside from maybe like the grouping and stuff), but it offers a lot of other stuff as well. I find it to be really nice for some batches and I think being able to sort the scraper results by pay and hourly and stuff is pretty cool. I can't say if it would be right for you, but I do think it's worth at least checking out.

Is it normal to just barely squeeze by your $30 goal today and realize your skull feels funny?
Yes, I think so. It has seemed really slow today, so I think $30 is pretty impressive.

How is scripting an asset when doing batches?
The idea is just that batches can be really repetitive, so if you can write scripts to automate the repetitive bits, you can do them a lot faster. Even if you don't want to learn javascript, if you're on Windows you can use AutoHotKey. It's a scripting language that's really, really easy to get started with. You could be making basic scripts within an hour or two of starting with it, and that stuff can help quite a lot.

I Ching

Reaction score
I'll get it fixed on the server end in a bit.
Is Turkernator still available? I haven't looked into it past reading your subreddit and that subreddit's last posts are from like 4 months ago. Yet, last week when I was lurking here I saw somebody mention Turkenator?

Reactions: teal4life

I Ching

Reaction score
If you can create a script to make some part of the task quicker - more streamlined - then you can crank out HITS faster. This increases your hourly rate :)
I should probably start looking into learning but the idea scares me because I'm trying to find a life outside of the house for a change. :( Also, I kick myself because I am a internet vet and I know jack [poop emoji]

Reactions: jan

I Ching

Reaction score
I think it's just HIT availability, or maybe differences in how you have them setup. They basically work the same way (Panda Crazy has some extra features, but they don't really affect your ability to catch more HITs over HIT Catcher).

Turkernator is nice, I like it. But it's a lot more than just something for catching HITs. Just the HIT catching component of it is more on par with Panda Crazy I think, in terms of functionality (aside from maybe like the grouping and stuff), but it offers a lot of other stuff as well. I find it to be really nice for some batches and I think being able to sort the scraper results by pay and hourly and stuff is pretty cool. I can't say if it would be right for you, but I do think it's worth at least checking out.

Yes, I think so. It has seemed really slow today, so I think $30 is pretty impressive.

The idea is just that batches can be really repetitive, so if you can write scripts to automate the repetitive bits, you can do them a lot faster. Even if you don't want to learn javascript, if you're on Windows you can use AutoHotKey. It's a scripting language that's really, really easy to get started with. You could be making basic scripts within an hour or two of starting with it, and that stuff can help quite a lot.
Thanks again. I think I am going to look into Turkernator in a little bit. I need to read more about it first. Hopefully there is a free trial as one reddit member suggested in Kadauchi's subreddit.

Reactions: aveline

I Ching

Reaction score
LAST QUESTION lol ....... When you all use HC and PC, do you use it for every hit you can't grab? Or just for specific $ amounts like say $3 an up? Also, if I have a bunch of (hitwatchers?) in my HC does that slow the overall process of scanning? Or just slow down my PC's general resources?

Hit Catcher is just the program and hit watchers are each hit that you are scanning for within HC, correct? Ok, no more questions! I actually need to read the write up of instructions for MTS tonight to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.