Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
haven't pulled out my JOY OF COOKING cookbook. What is the big difference with this recipe - do they all use yogurt/sour cream or is that the nice thing about this particular recipe?
I'm not much of a baker, so I'm no expert. I just like this one better out of the few different ones that I've tried. I think the mascarpone/yogurt/sour cream does make a difference because this version is less dry than the others that I've tried that didn't include it. I've seen other recipes that use it, but I'm not sure how they would compare because I've just never tried them.

geo

jet bunny
Contributor
Reaction score
This question needs clarification, I think. Is that like believing that life elsewhere in the universe might exist or believing that flying saucers are going around abducting people?
Why not both?

Reactions: jklmnop and aveline

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
This question needs clarification, I think. Is that like believing that life elsewhere in the universe might exist or believing that flying saucers are going around abducting people?
could be either/or. i think if people think either/or that would be a yes vote.

I’m neutral leaning yes. i want to believe. i think it’s fun to believe. I like seeing “ufo” videos people post. i like the stories. i also think we live in such a big world. i really do think it’s plausible they’re out there.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I think the mascarpone/yogurt/sour cream does make a difference because this version is less dry than the others that I've tried that didn't include it. I've seen other recipes that use it, but I'm not sure how they would compare because I've just never tried them.
I was looking for a response from an ingredient standpoint. I think it's adorable that you answered it like a food snob! :wink:

Reactions: aveline

jklmnop

data sanitation engineer
Reaction score
haven't pulled out my JOY OF COOKING cookbook. What is the big difference with this recipe - do they all use yogurt/sour cream or is that the nice thing about this particular recipe?
Brown sugar + semi-liquid high fat cheese/sour cream/yogurt keeps the moisture content on point. I make a few subs now -- I use a whole stick of butter and use 1/2 reg and 1/2 cake flour so it is super decadent. I replaced the recipe I used for ~20 years w/ this one. Never going to need another banana bread recipe again.

Status
Not open for further replies.