Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
No, you're husband isn't responsible for the dark part of the story. Apple trees don't grow true from seed. The only way to really propagate an apple tree is to create a scion. It's not easy
Maybe he's responsible. He might be several hundred years old and there is no way to tell.

Reactions: SpookyMyers

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score
No, you're husband isn't responsible for the dark part of the story. Apple trees don't grow true from seed. The only way to really propagate an apple tree is to create a scion. It's not easy
We lovingly nicknamed hub/dad "killjoy" because he will explain the science or greed behind the story. And he also buys Unfrosted pop tarts.

Reactions: Vanyanka

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
definitely not married yet
I don't do lukewarm. I especially wouldn't do it if I were unmarried and in my 20s. imagine that waning over 20+ years of marriage... Edit: does that make me a realist or a killjoy? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Peachy

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I don't do lukewarm. I especially wouldn't do it if I were unmarried and in my 20s. imagine that waning over 20+ years of marriage... Edit: does that make me a realist or a killjoy? :)
well I'm only 26. I'll take all of this into account

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking.
Yeah, I think my guy is an old god too. He's so patient, he laughs at my bad jokes. I can't quite figure it out. I've been around a lot of men, but this one just seems to like me.

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
well I'm only 26. I'll take all of this into account
Trust me when I say that there are lows and highs. There comes a certain amount of complacency and comfort in a relationship. If this is what you're getting in what should be the height of your romance, you're best off thinking about it further before progressing. As people get older, shit happens. It sucks. It makes you think about just leaving. If you can't remember the passion and the love that made you say "I do" in the first place then it would make walking out super easy. My husband and I have been together since I was 19. It burned hot for the first 10 years or so. Kids and health issues and general "grown up shit" have definitely caused some issues. If I couldn't vividly remember how I felt in those days, didn't see a glimpse here and there... I dunno.

Reactions: Peachy

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
Trust me when I say that there are lows and highs. There comes a certain amount of complacency and comfort in a relationship. If this is what you're getting in what should be the height of your romance, you're best off thinking about it further before progressing. As people get older, shit happens. It sucks. It makes you think about just leaving. If you can't remember the passion and the love that made you say "I do" in the first place then it would make walking out super easy. My husband and I have been together since I was 19. It burned hot for the first 10 years or so. Kids and health issues and general "grown up shit" have definitely caused some issues. If I couldn't vividly remember how I felt in those days, didn't see a glimpse here and there... I dunno.
In other words, take it from an "old, wise" bitch. Things don't get easier. Life just throws more complications into the mix.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You're absolutely right. 20s is way too young too young to settle. You can do that in another decade or so if you must. I say you're a realist and that's a good thing. Go in clear-eyed.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
It's kind of complicated right now. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about bailing, but she's been so stressed with school (she's going back in the Fall and also finding a new job). I'm giving her some leeway here. She is a good girl. That's why I'm holding out here. I think she's worth it in the long run

Status
Not open for further replies.