05/12 - Speedier Sunday!

What phone do you have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
I just feel like venting for a moment... so, this month is really stressful. With the way our bills hit and my fiancé's checks hit, we are going to be about $300 short on our bills. He gets paid 2 days after our rent becomes late, and the day after he gets paid our electric is going to be shut off. I'm hoping that everything will play out fine and we can pay it then and they won't shut it off the next day... in the meantime I'm really going to try to make $115 by the 23rd to pay one of the bills off to ease some of the tension. It's just making me depressed because I've interviewed for so many jobs and they seem so promising and I get told I'll hear by this time and then I hear absolutely nothing. The worst was when they said, if you don't hear by x time on x day, email your recruiter - I emailed her twice and received no response. It was really disheartening.
Hang in there. $115 should certainly be doable. You got this.

My PE was over $400 for the week for the first time in a long time, but here's what paid out. I'm happy enough about it.
:celebrate2:

KittyTacos

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinion. | Accept
Requester: Bieke Henkens [A2SI0UYAJADI15] Contact
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 3:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Taks includes answering questions regarding your opinion about robots. The task will take about 20 to 25 minutes.
Qualifications: Completed My Survey Already DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Caught this one. It was fun. Thanks for sharing.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Demographics survey | Accept
Requester: Panos Ipeirotis [A3DL93QTPE513P] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Steelblue]22.38[/color]] [Pay=[color=Steelblue]Generous[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: Demographics survey
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.8
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: scrmcasey

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Capture Images Using an Android Phone to Help Researchers Make Robots Smarter | Accept
Requester: Picture It MIT [A1JUYZKK4D6IHO] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Steelblue]49.41[/color]] [Pay=[color=Steelblue]Generous[/color]] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Mediumorchid]1[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 2
Description: This task involves using your Android smart phone to capture images of common objects such as a chair or a pencil. This will help MIT researchers make smarter robots that can help the elderly. It should take less than 10 minutes.
Qualifications: Number of HITs Completed DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.8
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: scrmcasey

jan

Reaction score
Just got back from the CSA (work/trade for food - when it starts growing, that is).
Farmer: So, what special plans do you have for the day?
(it is mother's day, of course).
Me (standing in a pile of poo): You mean besides spreading cow manure?

Last edited:

alk69

Reaction score
Overdrive has some of his books but they're all in Spanish. Are you reading him in Spanish?
I got it off Amazon a while ago, I think at .99. Only recently read it. Look in the Kindle section....and it's certainly in English. I'd have noticed if it was in a language I couldn't read. It's good enough for a buck. I usually go for the free ones.

Reactions: HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score
I got it off Amazon a while ago, I think at .99. Only recently read it. Look in the Kindle section....and it's certainly in English. I'd have noticed if it was in a language I couldn't read. It's good enough for a buck. I usually go for the free ones.
Thanks, I will. It was strange that Overdrive didn't have any of them in English

Reactions: jan and alk69

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I just feel like venting for a moment... so, this month is really stressful. With the way our bills hit and my fiancé's checks hit, we are going to be about $300 short on our bills. He gets paid 2 days after our rent becomes late, and the day after he gets paid our electric is going to be shut off. I'm hoping that everything will play out fine and we can pay it then and they won't shut it off the next day... in the meantime I'm really going to try to make $115 by the 23rd to pay one of the bills off to ease some of the tension. It's just making me depressed because I've interviewed for so many jobs and they seem so promising and I get told I'll hear by this time and then I hear absolutely nothing. The worst was when they said, if you don't hear by x time on x day, email your recruiter - I emailed her twice and received no response. It was really disheartening.
You can do it! I'm so sorry things are stressful right now. Have you called your electric company and talked to them about the bill being late and explaining? And same for rent? When I was growing up, we barely had money for bills. My parents were always late paying and they'd contact whoever and work out a plan.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Survey on consumers' awareness of infectious diseases. | PANDA
Requester: Junghan [A3EP75BQFBELM8]
TurkerView: [ $16.68 / hour ]
Description: This short survey asks you to answer a series of questions related to an infectious disease.
Duration: 40 Min
Available: 25
Reward: $0.70
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location EqualTo US
[3O6LJLEA0Z1Q93T4SU2JROYP84IJV0]

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Things have a way of working themselves out and sometimes it takes a while for them to get there. Keep doing what you are doing. Persistence and patience will get you where you want to go. Remember, there are lots of people here that support you. You can do this.

KittyTacos

Reaction score

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Immigration Attitudes(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Josh Tybur [A1MMD6ODB2M8T1] Contact
TO: [Pay=4.05] [Fast=4.71] [Comm=3.40] [Fair=4.74] [Reviews=71] [ToS=2]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.70
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: In this HIT, you will read a short description of a hypothetical group of individuals that wants to immigrate to the U.S. You will be asked whether you would approve of the U.S. allowing this group to immigrant, and you will be asked how comfortable you would be with those individuals living in your community.
Qualifications: Exc: [146577-145988] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.