05/12 - Mental Awareness Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Welcome to today's MTurk Crowd work thread!

Please check out the forum guidelines.

Maybe you need some help getting started?

Want more info about how the forum works?

NEW! Would you like to contribute an idea about the future of the forum? Feel free to share your thoughts here.

Please let a mod know if you have any questions, and have a great turking day! - MTC staff

Let's face it. Mental illness sucks. And I know for a fact a few of us on here have it. However, that is not a means to think of said illness to degrade the quality of life we all have.

I've had a diagnosed case of OCD for years, and yeah, some days are better than others but most of the time, I have it under control with medication and mindfulness. My OCD manifests itself when it come to repeated thoughts, mostly negative. I deal with them, accept them, and just learn that at least for now, they're a part of my mental makeup. The important part is not to give OCD, or mental illnesses in general, any more strength because that's exactly what they want.

I invite everyone here who has a mental illness, has had one in the past, or knows someone that does to share their stories. Having a support group is one of the most critical aspects of conquering a mental illness. However, with anything else, that's only if you're comfortable in sharing the stories in question.

We've got each other's support. Hell, we spend most of the days helping each other make some money and make a living. All that I'm attempting to do is take this camaraderie one step further.

Remember, this is a no shame environment. I have been more than open with what I go through, and it's a part of the healing process and making one a better person.

I joke around the forum here, but this is one topic I'm absolutely serious on. We're all a family here, and in some cases, receiving a hello from someone or a positive word of encouragement may be the highlight of that person's day. Something so small can mean so much to them. Language has that effect to be immensely powerful.

If any of y'all want some good information on mental awareness, and I'm including stress as it directly affects it, here are a couple of videos I 100% recommend.

Just because it's powerful.

And some videos that I think are just good to know and could be the jumpstart you need.

You are worth it, and we ALL believe in you.

Let's kick ass today.

Last edited by a moderator:

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Product to Interest Audit (single yes/no per HIT) | PANDA
Requester: Amazon Requester Inc. - Customer Interests [A225CX8SZ86ADP] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.35 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.68 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 26 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Confirm labeling of products with interest (e.g. 'batman', 'sailing' etc). Single yes/no per HIT, average estimated time < 5 seconds.
Time: 5 minutes
HITs Available: 6120
Reward: $0.01
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98;Location is one of: US

Reactions: humbleturker

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
figured that was intentional, highlight to read.

guess not.

Reactions: SkeletonFrogCat

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
EDit

Last edited:
Reactions: Azazael

DucciGucci

Reaction score
Title: Word-Prediction Task | PANDA
Requester: Wordovators Project [ANOM8CGGTCHS8] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.67 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.48 Generosity
★★★★ 4.52 Fairness
★★★★ 4.36 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 35 | TOS Flags: 2
Submit a new TO review
Description: In this game, you will be asked to make judgments about which verb sounds better within the context of a sentence. During part of the task, you'll be asked to predict which answer your partner will pick. The game takes less than 30 minutes.

This game works best in recent versions of Chrome or Firefox. Mobile browsers are not advised.
Time: 35 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: HIT submission rate (%) is greater than 1;Prediction Task Disqualification has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90;Location is US

Reactions: lsutiger25

DucciGucci

Reaction score
Title: Word-Prediction Task | PANDA
Requester: Wordovators Project [ANOM8CGGTCHS8] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.67 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.48 Generosity
★★★★ 4.52 Fairness
★★★★ 4.36 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 35 | TOS Flags: 2
Submit a new TO review
Description: In this game, you will be asked to make judgments about which verb sounds better within the context of a sentence. During part of the task, you'll be asked to predict which answer your partner will pick. The game takes less than 30 minutes.

This game works best in recent versions of Chrome or Firefox. Mobile browsers are not advised.
Time: 35 minutes
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: HIT submission rate (%) is greater than 1;Prediction Task Disqualification has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 90;Location is US
15 min @ a lazy pace.

QueenOfScreams

Contributor
Reaction score
There were only like 7000 or something, don't be too upset.
Lol still upset because I slept from 12-7 after my almost 20 hour shift and then I was up until like, 11 or so and took a nap bc I couldn't get on the computer or the xbox (both of which are mine :unamused:)

Reactions: klingeemonster

QueenOfScreams

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Evaluating Video Evidence Survey | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Greg Neil [AQRSS4M0IORED] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Participate in a survey testing how factors might effect the use of video evidence in court
Time: 40 minutes
Reward: $6.00
Qualifications: Video Survey Complete has not been granted; Location is one of: GB, US; Total approved HITs is greater than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 93; Adult Content Qualification is 1;

The Youtube video was removed by the user. I still went ahead with the survey (meh) and let them know at the end. I used the summary they gave to answer questions... but yeah. >.>

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
9 more days lol

Status
Not open for further replies.