05/11 - Cult wisdom on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
yeah they can live up to 20 apparently. I had 5 because someone gave me another "female" chinchilla and it was actually a male so he and Oli had babies. I've lost 2 of their babies though over the years one died at 3 years and one at 5 years. The dad is probably around 9 years old.
Olivia = Cougar Chinchilla

Reactions: dillydally

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Also my dogs do well with them, chins can hold their own pretty well. If they are in danger they release their fur in a big puff cloud and it makes them slippery and a huge mess lol. I never leave them unsupervised though (obviously) because my female dal has a strong prey drive and I don't trust her when I'm not right there. Not sure about cats, I think it would just depend on the cat.
You know I've always loved Dalmatians, but have been afraid to get one because of all the health problems the breed usually has. Are yours healthy dogs?

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yeah maybe you should read up on training science, positive reinforcement works a lot better than just bossing me around to buy you wine at all times of day.
Maybe if you remembered to get the wine before I asked, I wouldn't have to punish you so often.

Reactions: Pleco

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Way better pet than Pleco @Pleco. I might need to trade him in.
I wouldn't, the days when that was a working solution are long gone. The neighborhood has changed you know. It's still rather nice to have your rat companion on your shoulder when you ride your bike to the store though. Often they don't even notice. Folks are so jaded these days,

Reactions: Vanyanka and Pleco

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I wouldn't, the days when that was a working solution are long gone. The neighborhood has changed you know. It's still rather nice to have your rat companion on your shoulder when you ride your bike to the store though. Often they don't even notice. Folks are so jaded these days,
I want a cute, little rat to ride on my shoulder.

Reactions: Pleco

dillydally

Crazy dog lady
Contributor
Reaction score
You know I've always loved Dalmatians, but have been afraid to get one because of all the health problems the breed usually has. Are yours healthy dogs?
Yeah mine are healthy. They are rescues so I obviously don't know their lineage. Well breed dals are actually super healthy. The dalmatian community is awesome so if you get a great breeder you shouldn't have many issues because they really push for extensive testing before breeding. My female is mixed with a pointer so she only partially counts as dal but she is amazing, never had issues with her. My male has a lot of skin allergies probably thanks to backyard breeding, but putting him on a fish based food with no grain has been a god send. They can form urine crystals so you just have to avoid high purine foods like liver, beef, ect. Other than that I think the breed is healthy compared to others. They are prone to deafness and epilepsy (common in all white dogs) but again good breeders test for that and to me deafness isn't that big of a deal.

Reactions: Vanyanka and Pleco

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Test Performance | PANDA
Requester: Natascha Hayes [A2DFVO1USFO30X] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: I am conducting a research project on test performance while listening to rain sounds
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Masters has been granted

This is kinda lousy pay, but super relaxing so far.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Good night, MTC. I need my 12 hours of beauty sleep. I wish you all many batches but nothing too good because I don't want to miss out.

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Ya'll keep fighting. It's 4 AM here, and some way or another I left the store without buying my menthol cigarettes tonight. I'm smoking the boyfriends icky camel lights, and I have no rat friend to run errands, so I'm 'bout to get on my bike and head to the store. Because 5 hour energy drink, and freak. Yeah. If I don't post tomorrow, please let someone in Charleston know that you were the last people to hear from me.

Reactions: <Gucci> and Pleco

dillydally

Crazy dog lady
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: redtokyoboxers

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
just because I made it back safe

I'm fairly sure that I will be chastised tomorrow. I'm almost certain that my boyfriend keeps track of my comments on this forum. He could give a shit less what I say to anyone, but the fact that I left home at 4 AM on this night is a possible point of contention. I'm curious to see how that will turn out.

Reactions: TurkingMaster

BlurryFace

Antisocial Optimist
Contributor
Reaction score
TO says 10 - 14 mins. I think I was at 11 or so.

Title: Journalism Study(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Kellogg Kteily Lab [A8VNY3KPRHHRC] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.41 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 37
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: You will be asked to complete answer questions about yourself, including your personality, political orientation, and demographics. You will also be asked to read and answer questions about a news story. The study is expected to take up to 20 minutes to complete and participants will be paid $1.00 through MTurk. This research study is to be conducted by Dr. Nour S. Kteily and Kaylene Fellows at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. Please contact Kaylene Fellows (at k-fellows@kellogg.northwestern.edu) with any questions.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 93; Location is one of: US; Exc: [-66977109-11715] has not been granted

Status
Not open for further replies.