05/09 - Munchkin Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Nomad

Reaction score

ShereKahn

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Digital Nomad, I've got 3 years Mturking, and Masters, and I did Sergio's HITs. Feel free to judge though...

Was just coming back to check on this one. I have 160+ pending Sergio Escalera HITs, none paid, first batch at 8 cents from 5/2, and another batch at 4 cents (same task, lower pay) on 5/7. With the script, they are about 20 seconds each (for me), which works out to $7.20/hour, and sometimes that's just fine.

I don't only choose work on pay. I sometimes focus on easy HITs that I can do without thinking, or little thought, because my other work can be very mentally tiring. Sergio's qualify, as did Giphy Simpsons.

Has anyone been paid on this requester's HITs yet? 15 day AA
My test one still pending.

Quit trying to defend requester paying shit.

ShereKahn

Contributor
Reaction score
Criticizing fellow Mturkers, because we choose HITs for different reasons, helps each other ... how?
Noone is criticizing you for selling your life for ten cents a minute. I'm just saying it's a losing battle if you're going to come onto an mTurk forum and try to defend requesters for swindling workers.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Noone is criticizing you for selling your life for ten cents a minute. I'm just saying it's a losing battle if you're going to come onto an mTurk forum and try to defend requesters for swindling workers.
re: "swindling workers" "defending requesters" "selling your life for ten cents a minute"

Someone does not sound happy.

And I'm confused at the anger, aiming at me, when I'm here sharing what work for me, and asking for more information from fellow workers.

I asked a specific question, and offered specifics about what I, and many others, worked. I aimed no personal attacks at you, and did not insult you.

It makes this place pretty unwelcoming.

reppn

Reaction score
Hey Digital Nomad, I've got 3 years Mturking, and Masters, and I did Sergio's HITs. Feel free to judge though...

Was just coming back to check on this one. I have 160+ pending Sergio Escalera HITs, none paid, first batch at 8 cents from 5/2, and another batch at 4 cents (same task, lower pay) on 5/7. With the script, they are about 20 seconds each (for me), which works out to $7.20/hour, and sometimes that's just fine.

I don't only choose work on pay. I sometimes focus on easy HITs that I can do without thinking, or little thought, because my other work can be very mentally tiring. Sergio's qualify, as did Giphy Simpsons.

Has anyone been paid on this requester's HITs yet? 15 day AA
I completely agree. I don't do batches a whole lot so my numbers are rather low compared to most here. I tend to stick to surveys mostly and only hit my goal of $20 a day so I'm not familiar with batches really. Finding batches like this one are honestly perfectly fine especially if you're looking to get your numbers up imo. Though I'm worried about his TO and my 60+ HITS still pending, I honestly don't mind his HITS either. I can understand how people are upset with the reduced pay, and obviously I'd like if it were increased again too but for a HIT that takes me about 20-25 seconds, I don't see the problem. I like them because they aren't so mind-numbing like some of these batches or surveys are lol. It's a good recharge opportunity. :p As long as I'm getting my numbers up and making a bit of money, I'll keep doing his HITs as well so long as the approval is fair and pay isn't reduced further.

ShereKahn

Contributor
Reaction score
re: "swindling workers" "defending requesters" "selling your life for ten cents a minute"

Someone does not sound happy.

And I'm confused at the anger, aiming at me, when I'm here sharing what work for me, and asking for more information from fellow workers.

I asked a specific question, and offered specifics about what I, and many others, worked. I aimed no personal attacks at you, and did not insult you.

It makes this place pretty unwelcoming.
Yea, sorry. I didn't mean to insult you, I apologize.

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
can we pick on scoutit instead? Concise @Concise I hope you do feel welcome we all talk shit up in here

<Gucci>

Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Earn $.30 in 5-10 min! Complete some academic research. Should take about 5-10 min! | PANDA
Requester: Yi li [A387CLIW5LGKW9] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.89 Generosity
★★★★ 4.43 Fairness
★★★★ 4.69 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 40 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: You will be asked a series of questions about your decisions in a social interaction that will take no more than 10 minutes to complete (we allow the HIT to take longer so it does not expire for you).
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 192
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 97;Location is US

Barbwire

Averagely-known member
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Study on the perception of faces (5-6 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Klemens Knöferle [A2C1R3GGV70VH4] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.67 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.12 Generosity
★★★★ 4.73 Fairness
★★★★ 4.83 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 24 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: Participate in a short academic study in which you see and evaluate a series of faces.
HITs Available: 50
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90

Reactions: <Gucci> and moe

Barbwire

Averagely-known member
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Fast and easy content viewing (few minutes for possible $0.60) - E7Bf948Tr9uLCCscCGSwS | PANDA
Requester: Sticky [A1I5WZRIXY5GS9] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.13 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.36 Generosity
★★★★ 4.71 Fairness
★★★★ 4.70 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 106 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: Look at some content for a few minutes to help us improve our measurements.
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: Age_Test is not greater than 70;Age_Test is not less than 18;Location is US

Reactions: <Gucci>

ShereKahn

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Find a solution for a car problem | PANDA
Requester: Crowd Knowledge [A2JTTER0YDR3KX] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.33 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.00 Generosity
★★★★ 4.43 Fairness
★★★★ 4.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 15 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Given a question and a web url, browse through the web page and clip relevant information for the question
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 12
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 20;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98

More of these posted. I'd be careful as they say it's majority rules.

Reactions: Roscoe E Goldchain

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
6.50 survey got rejected. Figures. Said I had a wrong code. Messaged them a salty message back

ShereKahn

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Estimation of gender and age of faces | PANDA
Requester: Alik Mokeichev [A20OZDATPJ16JQ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.73 Generosity
★★★★ 4.40 Fairness
★★★★ 4.50 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 17 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Please view and provide your estimate for the gender and age of the person in each image
Time: 10 minutes
HITs Available: 500
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 1000;Location is one of: AN, AT, AU, BE, CA, CH, DE, DK, ES, FI, FR, GB, GL, IE, IS, IT, NO, NZ, PT, SE, US;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95

These are actually not too bad if you write a little ahk script for them.

<Gucci>

Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

sryan66611

Contributor
Reaction score
Re: British Endors...

I wonder if anyone in Endor land has noticed they still have 57K sitting there after several days, and that maybe they failed to evaluate accurately how many British Mturk workers there actually are...
nope... They had one fat batch i believe it was Hindu or maybe something else that sat there until it expired.

Reactions: Concise

Empress328

Semi Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Title: Select the best captions for an image | PANDA
Requester: HI-Research [A2Y8KDPWV85C53] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 3.67 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.39 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.53 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.28 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 30
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Given an image and a set of ten automatically generated captions, we ask you to select up to three captions that describe the image the best.
Hits Available: 241
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US; low quality has not been granted

Status
Not open for further replies.