Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Will there be Z's today....

Reactions: LucyO

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
well, I"m going to be more paranoid than that. It's not my first tooth extraction as I chipped another tooth bad enough that it couldn't be crowned but had to be extracted and I got a dental implant, my oral dentist is awesome, and I want to do what I can to assure a good outcome like I did for the other extraction and implant surgeries so it's following his printed instructions and it's no soda for 3 days, no drinking with a straw for 5 days, and soft foods for at least a day or two until you feel like you can handle your more regular diet.
I'll admit I often ignore medical advice, it might come back to bite me one day. So far so good though.

Reactions: savvy and LucyO

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I missed your answer if you responded. Did your presser yesterday make national news and I'm curious if you were a presenter in that or just part of the team that collaborated on whatever info that was disclosed in the presser.
No I wasn't presenting...the "boss" got to do that of course. IT didn't hit national news...yet

jijab

Reaction score
well, I"m going to be more paranoid than that. It's not my first tooth extraction as I chipped another tooth bad enough that it couldn't be crowned but had to be extracted and I got a dental implant, my oral dentist is awesome, and I want to do what I can to assure a good outcome like I did for the other extraction and implant surgeries so it's following his printed instructions and it's no soda for 3 days, no drinking with a straw for 5 days, and soft foods for at least a day or two until you feel like you can handle your more regular diet.
When I had mine out I had soda right after, like in the car on the way home. I drank a huge big gulp of Diet Coke and used a straw and got a dry socket. My fault since they specifically said no straws and it was the MOST painful thing ever. Not worth the caffeine fix.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I had one of mine taken out stealth style by my dentist while I was pregnant because it was giving me a really hard time and he wouldn't numb me or give me any medicine because I was pregnant. He told me he was just going to look at it and yanked it out....I nearly killed him. Although, the pain was gone after a few minutes and I was much better than I had been when I went in. He waited to take the others out after I had my son and I got the full being put to sleep and everything for cutting those out.
from the bottom of my heart...fuck that. lol. When I was 13 a nurse (dentist's assistant? idk what they're called) held me down while the dentist pulled 2 teeth, no numbing or anything. Hurt like a bitch.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
from the bottom of my heart...fuck that. lol. When I was 13 a nurse (dentist's assistant? idk what they're called) held me down while the dentist pulled 2 teeth, no numbing or anything. Hurt like a bitch.
Yeah, I will say that old man was pretty brave. He apologized after and explained that he knew he had to pull it and knew he couldn't give me anything....I have a new dentist now...

PandaThief

Reaction score

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I have caught like $10 worth of stuff today, but had to return it all. A few of the surveys, I'd already done, one wanted me to sign up for their website with my email address, and the others I didn't qualify for because I "didn't have a real job."

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
No I wasn't presenting...the "boss" got to do that of course. IT didn't hit national news...yet
I've seen many pressers where the "boss" turns portions over to others so they get publicity or credit, too, so I thought there would be a chance that you might get to say a few words and a moment in the spotlight.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen many pressers where the "boss" turns portions over to others so they get publicity or credit, too, so I thought there would be a chance that you might get to say a few words and a moment in the spotlight.
hahaha not mine, he is all about himself.

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
it was only one tooth that developed a cavity and it's just a mild soreness. I still have my other three as they do not have a cavity.

I'm just grumpy over not getting 12 oz of diet dew or diet dr. pepper caffeine fix. I guess I'm addicted since it's only been over 24 hours without a soda and I'm already desiring a fix.
Morning. Jumping in a little late but I use Crystal Light with caffeine or a generic form for when I am in a situation I can't get a soda. Just mix with water and I am good to go. Walmart has an equate brand. Great for when I am flying or places that want to charge high price for drinks. Just add to water and instant happy me.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Morning. Jumping in a little late but I use Crystal Light with caffeine or a generic form for when I am in a situation I can't get a soda. Just mix with water and I am good to go. Walmart has an equate brand. Great for when I am flying or places that want to charge high price for drinks. Just add to water and instant happy me.
The Walmart brand is my favorite. I can't stand plain water, so I likely drink way too much of the powdered mixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.