05/06 - Moon Safari Monday!

What did you think of Avengers Endgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
So my new cat.......he likes to piss/shit on things that smell funny or have a weird texture..so far he has pissed on my sons hoodie that stank and now he likes to use my bathroom rug as a litter box because it is weirdly textured, just that one rug though he doesn't use the other bathroom rugs.

It's just a bit annoying.
Cats in general love to piss on bathroom rugs. It's because there's a chemical in the rubberized backing that smells weird to them. One of my cats does that and I know several people who have the same problem. I buy Honey and Sunny on Amazon to spray on the problem areas. It is a bit pricey per bottle but well worth it. It deters the little idgits from peeing in the spot again.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cats in general love to piss on bathroom rugs. It's because there's a chemical in the rubberized backing that smells weird to them. One of my cats does that and I know several people who have the same problem. I buy Honey and Sunny on Amazon to spray on the problem areas. It is a bit pricey per bottle but well worth it. It deters the little idgits from peeing in the spot again.
Ah well see he doesn't use the more normal bathroom rug.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw0jNuct_v9wLxny7Wpgj7qJ&ust=1557230946505352

The one we have that has fabric like this, he loves to piss and shit on it.

I realize what that linked to now...it's the second one, with the weirdly popped up individual looking pieces.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Ah well see he doesn't use the more normal bathroom rug.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjMt_K-74biAhVDUK0KHcIbD_YQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bath/Bath-Rugs-Bath-Mats/4527/cat.html&psig=AOvVaw0jNuct_v9wLxny7Wpgj7qJ&ust=1557230946505352

The one we have that has fabric like this, he loves to piss and shit on it.

I realize what that linked to now...it's the second one, with the weirdly popped up individual looking pieces.
It might have a scent on it or...

...he might be an asshole. Some cats are known to be assholes. I have 2 that fit that description.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It might have a scent on it or...

...he might be an asshole. Some cats are known to be assholes. I have 2 that fit that description.
He pissed in the water dish the other day.......I think it's because I have this large orange cat that is the alpha, he makes sure all the other cats bow to him. He's still busy a month into this chasing the new cat around letting him know who's boss.

Oddly he doesn't have claws and the new cat does.....and the old cat still wins.

cassius

Reaction score
So my new cat.......he likes to piss/shit on things that smell funny or have a weird texture..so far he has pissed on my sons hoodie that stank and now he likes to use my bathroom rug as a litter box because it is weirdly textured, just that one rug though he doesn't use the other bathroom rugs.

Watch the cat from hell. It will show you how to deal with that without all the heartache. the cat just wants to belong in your family.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
He pissed in the water dish the other day.......I think it's because I have this large orange cat that is the alpha, he makes sure all the other cats bow to him. He's still busy a month into this chasing the new cat around letting him know who's boss.

Oddly he doesn't have claws and the new cat does.....and the old cat still wins.
When they do things like piss in the water or food that means there is a serious psychological problem. I had a cat that would do that everywhere and I struggled for years to deal with it, de-stress her environment, medically treat - but at the end of the day she was neurotic, psychotic, and the cat version of schizophrenic. Some animals are just plain fucked.

I would definitely get the cat into a vet and get checked. They may be able to do something for him or make a recommendation as to what steps to take to deal with it.

Reactions: jklmnop

cassius

Reaction score

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score

Also, often, cats that have been declawed have major issues with pain in nerve endings in their toes that prevent them from using litter boxes because of pain. They will also lash out by pissing and shitting on everything in sight to let you know that they are in constant pain. Declawing essentially involves cutting their toes off at the end and those raw nerves often never heal.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When they do things like piss in the water or food that means there is a serious psychological problem. I had a cat that would do that everywhere and I struggled for years to deal with it, de-stress her environment, medically treat - but at the end of the day she was neurotic, psychotic, and the cat version of schizophrenic. Some animals are just plain fucked.

I would definitely get the cat into a vet and get checked. They may be able to do something for him or make a recommendation as to what steps to take to deal with it.
He doesn't do things like that a lot...the water dish was once..he also peed in my sink.

It's like he goes in spurts, I've had him roughly 6 weeks and he has been neutered about that long so I dunno if that plays in. I have 3 other cats that aren't exactly nice to him at the moment. He doesn't piss on anyones bed.......hoodie once, sink once, water dish once...and the rug thing literally started Friday and it's been 3 times now.

I'm beginning to think he's frustrated with my other cats, but I dunno.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Also, often, cats that have been declawed have major issues with pain in nerve endings in their toes that prevent them from using litter boxes because of pain. They will also lash out by pissing and shitting on everything in sight to let you know that they are in constant pain. Declawing essentially involves cutting their toes off at the end and those raw nerves often never heal.
He has all of his claws, my cat that doesn't have front claws is not an issue with this.

Reactions: sofaslug

cassius

Reaction score
He doesn't do things like that a lot...the water dish was once..he also peed in my sink.

It's like he goes in spurts, I've had him roughly 6 weeks and he has been neutered about that long so I dunno if that plays in. I have 3 other cats that aren't exactly nice to him at the moment. He doesn't piss on anyones bed.......hoodie once, sink once, water dish once...and the rug thing literally started Friday and it's been 3 times now.

I'm beginning to think he's frustrated with my other cats, but I dunno.
The cat might have a kidney problem like kidney stones. I had a cat once that had a problem and I'd take him to the vet but the Maine coon kitty was stubborn and wouldn't pee for the vet, though he was peeing everywhere for me. They had to cathether him. One day I saw the problem acting up again and knew a trip to the vet would be heartbreaking so I literally told the cat to get into the clean bathtub and pee. I'd collect a sample with eye dropper and take that to the vet so he wouldn't have to go. The dang cat did it exactly as I told him. Called the vet and asked if the sample would be ok and they said yes. So we found a work around to the vet. And yeah, I cleaned the tub. That's what clorox is for.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Title: Quick and easy study | Accept
Requester: Christian Tröster [A3DUTV8ON94ZGX] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.39] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.07] [Fast=4.88] [Comm=4.75] [Fair=4.80] [Reviews=69] [ToS=1]
TO2: [Hrly=11.49] [Pen=0.73] [Res=null] [Rec=100] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 3:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer questions about your work
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: aveline

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The cat might have a kidney problem like kidney stones. I had a cat once that had a problem and I'd take him to the vet but the Maine coon kitty was stubborn and wouldn't pee for the vet, though he was peeing everywhere for me. They had to cathether him. One day I saw the problem acting up again and knew a trip to the vet would be heartbreaking so I literally told the cat to get into the clean bathtub and pee. I'd collect a sample with eye dropper and take that to the vet so he wouldn't have to go. The dang cat did it exactly as I told him. Called the vet and asked if the sample would be ok and they said yes. So we found a work around to the vet. And yeah, I cleaned the tub. That's what clorox is for.
Well I literally just cleaned pee off my bathroom floor this morning so, I could have done the same.

We've talked about if he needs to go to the vet or not a few times.

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
Title: Political Judgments | Accept
Requester: IMC Lab [A1T434NH13YMQU] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$21.19] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Good] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.95] [Fast=4.56] [Comm=3.50] [Fair=4.57] [Reviews=67] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=11.23] [Pen=1.30] [Res=1.00] [Rec=84] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.30
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: Read about a political issue, make some judgments about it.
Qualifications: PoliticsPersonality DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
I hate politics, but.... slow morning.[/td][/tr]

PandaThief

Reaction score
Title: Political Judgments | Accept
Requester: IMC Lab [A1T434NH13YMQU] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$21.19] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Good] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.95] [Fast=4.56] [Comm=3.50] [Fair=4.57] [Reviews=67] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=11.23] [Pen=1.30] [Res=1.00] [Rec=84] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.30
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: Read about a political issue, make some judgments about it.
Qualifications: PoliticsPersonality DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
I hate politics, but.... slow morning.[/td][/tr]
Nah this was good, 4 min

Reactions: sarcasta
Status
Not open for further replies.