05/04 - Shine on you Crazy Diamond Saturday

How often do you turk from a mobile device (phone, tablet, etc)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

alk69

Reaction score
I always put $10 on the longest shot on the board, because the Derby is such a large field that you never know who's gonna win....

I made a good amount of money on Mine That Bird back in 2009
I used to go to the dog track on Derby Day. One time I sat beside a stranger who said that he always put 100 on the longest odds horse. It was his only bet of the day. One bet to win. Well you know what I'm gonna say now. His horse won.....at 70 to 1 odds.

Reactions: MagicalStreams

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I'd watch it if Elmer's picked up the sponsorship. I'm not a big fan of it either obviously.
Elmer's does (edit: not) use animals or animal parts in their glue so I don't get why they would sponsor it.

I am a fan of the Triple Crown - the only horse racing I watch other than the video stream of the All American Futurity from nearby Ruidoso Downs.

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
And I love SOAD.
I'm in like. I wouldn't say love. I didn't really think they fit the theme but when I stumbled across that song I had to try and wedge it in there.

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Elmer's does use animals or animal parts in their glue so I don't get why they would sponsor it.

I am a fan of the Triple Crown - the only horse racing I watch other than the video stream of the All American Futurity from nearby Ruidoso Downs.
Titebond then. Titebond could pick up the sponsorship. Or Gorilla Glue. I'd also accept Loctite, Super Glue, or the brand with the pirate on it that was favored
by the kids in kindergarten that ate their glue. I never did understand that.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score

aahhhhh.

The greatest part of having a 74 year old dad is the major anniversary date things that happened before I was alive, such as the JFK assassination, first moon landing, jfk/nixon, etc. Can't tease him with Pearl Harbor as he was born about a year and a half after that. I think the JFK assassination hurts the most as he was in college when that happened so him being in college when it happened + 56 years ago this November means he's old. :wink:

EDIT: 76 this late summer, not 74. Glad I go see him on a daily basis - who knows how much longer I get to hang with him!

Last edited:
Reactions: alk69 and jan

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
When they did "Steal this Album", I feel deeper in love. For you who don't know, around the time the whole Napster thing was at its peak and bands like Metallica were pissed that their music was being stolen, SOAD put out an album of B-sides that illegal downloaders had been able to get ahold of, and called it "Steal this Album". They didn't care; they were just glad people listened to their music, which I though was awesome.

jan

Reaction score
aahhhhh.

The greatest part of having a 74 year old dad is the major anniversary date things that happened before I was alive, such as the JFK assassination, first moon landing, jfk/nixon, etc. Can't tease him with Pearl Harbor as he was born about a year and a half after that. I think the JFK assassination hurts the most as he was in college when that happened so him being in college when it happened + 56 years ago this November means he's old. :wink:

EDIT: 76 this late summer, not 74. Glad I go see him on a daily basis - who knows how much longer I get to hang with him!
I'm nowhere near that old lol. I don't remember Kent State - I was too small. But I was alive back then :). My grandfather (and father) fought in WWII, though. My grandfather was just about to get out of the Army the next week - and then Pearl Harbor.

He called his future wife about their living plans and said,
Never mind............

Reactions: Nikoratos

jan

Reaction score
Ok, I'm off to the thrift stores (and we're going to buy a few more plants for the garden.
Hope my absence brings you all good luck!

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
head scratcher. Got logged out of AMT as normal. Logged back in, went to restart Hit Finder and Hit Catcher, those MTS tabs were gone in firefox! the icon to relaunch them also gone. Even Tampermonkey icon with those various scripts gone. Went to go redownload MTS from the Mozilla plugins page, says "file transfer failed" trying to download the plugin.

Guess I'll have to try the Chrome version of MTS as I can't figure out what happened in FireFox or get it back.

Reactions: Nikoratos

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Keep forgetting to ask

but has anyone else gotten an email from Surveycomet this week about the predict the future hits and how we can go back in and adjust things? Or is it just me?

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
head scratcher. Got logged out of AMT as normal. Logged back in, went to restart Hit Finder and Hit Catcher, those MTS tabs were gone in firefox! the icon to relaunch them also gone. Even Tampermonkey icon with those various scripts gone. Went to go redownload MTS from the Mozilla plugins page, says "file transfer failed" trying to download the plugin.

Guess I'll have to try the Chrome version of MTS as I can't figure out what happened in FireFox or get it back.
Firefox has a glitch right now that has disabled all add-ons due to a certificate expiration problem. They are supposedly working on a fix for it.

Reactions: jan and Nikoratos

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score

I opened Firefox and got the same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.