04/27 - Wednesday is the day after Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashleyvirus

i'm the real taylor swift
Reaction score
:p I couldn't remember the word "spayed" not enough coffee yet lol
it's ok, fixed was always what i said growing up lol and tbh she does seem a little bit broken!

we've taken her to the vet and everything. she had the beginnings of a UTI a couple months ago, and we only noticed because she actually was quiet for like a week. we've even asked the vet and they say there's nothing wrong with her! liesss

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
yeah she's spayed. definitely not in heat.
Cesar Milan has a cousin who whispers at cats. JK.
Is it allowed to be in the roommate's room? I'm sure when the cat was left for dead, it's voice(annoying as it is) is what saved it's life. It just equates alone/lonely with make a shit ton of noise. It probably also has abandonment/separation issues. If roommate can afford it, Maybe some kitty xanax from the vet. If not, you could take them yourself and at least sleep.

Reactions: ashleyvirus

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
has anyone ever had an excessively noisy cat?

my roommate's cat will meow and meow and meow allll day, starting at 4-5am. she really only stops when she's sleeping or if she's content in the window, but even sometimes she'll just sit in the window meowing. she does this regardless of food or water, we even keep an extra water dish in the window for her so she doesn't have to go downstairs to drink. we give her plenty of attention, and half the time she doesn't even want the attention like she refuses to be picked up and she's only jumped on my lap once. she's a rescue and was dumped on the local college campus a year ago all matted up and who knows what else happened to her :/ maybe they got rid of her because of the meowing who knows. but both me and the roommate have grown up with cats and know how to take care of them and have never experienced this with any other cat. this cat is more annoying than all of my parents 3 yappy dogs combined

any suggestions at all? i don't know what to dooo this is driving me insane, i'm in such a bad mood this morning because of this cat waking me up at 5:30am.
fMIL's cat is a scared little thing and will meow constantly when she oversleeps, or when she's late from work because he knows she should be home, or pretty much any time that she's not where she is supposed to be. He's scared of everything so he meows a lot.

EDIT: Also good morning turkeys

Last edited:
Reactions: jan and ashleyvirus

Aurica

Reaction score
5m

This has writing, but it was pretty easy

Title: Survey about good service experience | PANDA
Requester: Ina Garnefeld [A39EQL8PB8SVTQ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.33 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 8 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Must be U.S. resident and 18 years or older. You will be asked to write an online review about a good service experience.
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

dillydally

Crazy dog lady
Contributor
Reaction score
it's ok, fixed was always what i said growing up lol and tbh she does seem a little bit broken!

we've taken her to the vet and everything. she had the beginnings of a UTI a couple months ago, and we only noticed because she actually was quiet for like a week. we've even asked the vet and they say there's nothing wrong with her! liesss
I wonder if it's stress/fear? My male dalmatian is super vocal and extremely whiny and nervous. I think some just come like that lol My vet put him on Zylkene which is a natural substance from milk that supposedly makes them calmer. I have noticed a little difference but our dog daycare people said they can see a huge difference. Maybe look into something like that? Adaptil is another one that's does the same thing.

Aurica

Reaction score
says 10m

Title: Your Supervisor and Your Work? Give Your opinion! | PANDA
Requester: Stacey Sanders [A2SX1T6KEESRRI] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.06 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.74 Generosity
★★★★ 4.62 Fairness
★★★★ 4.76 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 61 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This study involves a survey about how you perceive your leader's behavior and your job. To participate you need to be in a subordinate position and have a paid job for at least three days a week.
Time: 3 hours
Reward: $1.20
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 99;Location is US

Reactions: Roscoe E Goldchain

Definitely Not Riss

Probably not Breakfast Wino
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if it's stress/fear? My male dalmatian is super vocal and extremely whiny and nervous. I think some just come like that lol My vet put him on Zylkene which is a natural substance from milk that supposedly makes them calmer. I have noticed a little difference but our dog daycare people said they can see a huge difference. Maybe look into something like that? Adaptil is another one that's does the same thing.
My dog is a neurotic mess. Like certifiable.

ashleyvirus

Reaction score
Cesar Milan has a cousin who whispers at cats. JK.
Is it allowed to be in the roommate's room? I'm sure when the cat was left for dead, it's voice(annoying as it is) is what saved it's life. It just equates alone/lonely with make a shit ton of noise. It probably also has abandonment/separation issues. If roommate can afford it, Maybe some kitty xanax from the vet. If not, you could take them yourself and at least sleep.
my roommate keeps her door open at night, the cat's food & water is in there so yeah, it's totally allowed to be in there. but i guess she wakes up early and just wants attention and comes upstairs to bug me to get it. that makes a lot of sense when you put it like that, with her voice being her lifeline when she was abandoned. she's been safe for over a year now i wish she'd chill. but i know it takes animals a lot longer than that sometimes. a different roommate of mine had a rescue dog with separation issues that would bark incessantly whenever we were gone. it's weird that that this cat is so lonely when we're here all the time! my roommate literally never leaves the house. and we're like always petting her and stuff and then she's like ~ugh leave me alone humans~ and sashays off. her name is prissy and its fits lol.

i'll talk to my roommate though about getting kitty xanax next time we go to the vet. we actually did buy these calming cat treats but she wouldn't eat them.

she's such a beautiful cat and i love her i just wish she'd shaddup sometimes.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD1uav4th64/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDxwbggNh4v/

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning all. Start your day with some CCB and Wills.
Title: Tag articles headlines | PANDA
Requester: Chris Callison-Burch [A32TTE4XXN6MQZ] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 3.41 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.58 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.94 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.67 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 213
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Select best tag for headline
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 42
Reward: $0.10
Qualifications: headline_blocking_qual_id has not been granted
Title: Finding actions in videos - should take around 5 minutes (MAY CONTAIN EXPLICIT VIDEOS) | PANDA
Requester: Will [ABQA8TBU3V6F7] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 1.80 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.85 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.85 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.76 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 44
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: -
Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
Hits Available: 10
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is US

Reactions: DucciGucci

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
my roommate keeps her door open at night, the cat's food & water is in there so yeah, it's totally allowed to be in there. but i guess she wakes up early and just wants attention and comes upstairs to bug me to get it. that makes a lot of sense when you put it like that, with her voice being her lifeline when she was abandoned. she's been safe for over a year now i wish she'd chill. but i know it takes animals a lot longer than that sometimes. a different roommate of mine had a rescue dog with separation issues that would bark incessantly whenever we were gone. it's weird that that this cat is so lonely when we're here all the time! my roommate literally never leaves the house. and we're like always petting her and stuff and then she's like ~ugh leave me alone humans~ and sashays off. her name is prissy and its fits lol.

i'll talk to my roommate though about getting kitty xanax next time we go to the vet. we actually did buy these calming cat treats but she wouldn't eat them.

she's such a beautiful cat and i love her i just wish she'd shaddup sometimes.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BD1uav4th64/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDxwbggNh4v/
My guess is that you give the cat more attention, maybe even passively without thinking. That's why it's looking to you. If that's the case, back off on that a bit. It won't hurt the cats feelings. It just let's the cat know you need your space and creates healthy boundaries. If it rubs against your legs, take a step back etc. Also, whenever you notice the cat has been quiet and is sitting calmly, make the roommate give it a treat. Positive reinforcement. My ex had a loud cat. It would make a noise. She would tell it to shut up. Rinse. Repeat. I don't remember which one I wanted to kill first. :wink:

Aurica

Reaction score
4m of bubbles, watch the timer

Title: Brand Research | PANDA
Requester: Hannah Nguyen [A3R0QKETURPSMM] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.67 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 3 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: We will ask you some questions about your attitude and experience with a brand you like or have used. You must be a native speaker of English to participate in this survey.
Time: 10 minutes
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 5000;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 99

corvid

Contributor
Reaction score
speaking of cats...
morning entertainment via will.

Reactions: Cmoney

Aurica

Reaction score
inquisit

Title: Individual Differences in Sustained Attention | PANDA
Requester: CARE EXPERIMENTAL STUDIES [A2C1MZL1EWZGRL] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.58 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.67 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 29 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This HIT uses the Inquisit plugin. You will be invited to complete two questionnaires asking you to report on your emotional experience. You will then be invited to complete a simple computer task. The entire HIT should take about 30 min to complete.
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 500;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

ashleyvirus

Reaction score
My guess is that you give the cat more attention, maybe even passively without thinking. That's why it's looking to you. If that's the case, back off on that a bit. It won't hurt the cats feelings. It just let's the cat know you need your space and creates healthy boundaries. If it rubs against your legs, take a step back etc. Also, whenever you notice the cat has been quiet and is sitting calmly, make the roommate give it a treat. Positive reinforcement. My ex had a loud cat. It would make a noise. She would tell it to shut up. Rinse. Repeat. I don't remember which one I wanted to kill first. :wink:
I do give her more attention, my roommate complains about the cat liking me more despite her having the cat for a a year and me being here only 3 months lol. i'm not even a cat person, i'm a dog person but i love animals in general so i do give her attention. it also doesn't help that my roommate will sleep in usually until like 12pm... sometimes as late as 4pm and this cat gets up at 5am or earlier. i usually get up from 4-6 for work (today's a day off so that's why i was so salty about being woken up) so honestly that is probably why she woke me up this morning, she was confused because i am normally awake that early. tbh this morning i kept telling the cat to shut up every time it meowed but i was sooo grumpy. normally i try to ignore it but sometimes it's so hard to not go over to her and be like whaaaat? are you okay kitty? lol.

thanks for all the tips! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.