04/25 - Somebody to Love Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
so I must be lame :geek: ... that I watched the Dale Jr. podcast with guest Rusty Wallace and hearing Wallace tell funny Dale Earnhardt stories while LMAO and wishing I was a NASCAR fan in the 1980's and 1990's to get to watch Dale Earnhardt every week?
When I was a kid my dad used to make us tape the races that came on Sunday, cutting in to my precious cartoon time and we would have to go to the family race night events and meet the drivers and stuff. I was really really little, so most of it was horribly boring...except I really liked Richard Petty for some reason when I was a kid...he was just so friendly... Anyway, it wasn't until I was a lot older and a friend dragged me to a race that I enjoyed it, being one of the only women in the stands, people would just hand me beer or jello shots and everyone was super excited. It was really quite awesome!

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
so I must be lame :geek: ... that I watched the Dale Jr. podcast with guest Rusty Wallace and hearing Wallace tell funny Dale Earnhardt stories while LMAO and wishing I was a NASCAR fan in the 1980's and 1990's to get to watch Dale Earnhardt every week?
Such a love/hate relationship with him. My son cried and cried when he died.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
My dad was a huge NASCAR fan during that era. He was also a dirt track racer. I regularly say "boogity boogity boogity boys, let's go racing" to my boys. :D

PandaThief

Reaction score
For those that did the 3 day post 3 pictures of your workspace on IG hit, the req said the bonus might be coming in today or tmr . Think it was $7 or something.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
My dad was a huge NASCAR fan during that era. He was also a dirt track racer. I regularly say "boogity boogity boogity boys, let's go racing" to my boys. :D
no racing in my family (whether like or did). Just a friend who loves NASCAR since the 1980's and I started watching informally in the early 2010's (but didn't watch parts of most races until 2016) to be able to have something else to talk about when we chat.

Owned a Toyota Corolla since 1997 (and got a new one in 2016 when my 1997 wasn't fixable as the part wasn't made anymore). Favorite NASCAR make is Toyota and driver Martin Truex Jr. although I'm happy when any Toyota driver wins or does great. NASCAR gods must love me as my license plate starts with "TRD" and I had no say in the picking it as it was randomly assigned to me by the state as a standard plate (not custom plate) purchase.

Favorite thing to do - a nearby street has occasional huge medians as a "road diet". Most people slow down and go wide around those occasional wide medians on the street. I pretend like I'm NASCAR in that I want to see how straight of line and maintain the speed limit speed I can do around those medians, feeling like like how NASCAR drivers find preferred lines around the track that make them have the fastest lap speeds.

Last edited:

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
no racing in my family (whether like or did). Just a friend who loves NASCAR since the 1980's and I started watching informally in the early 2010's (but didn't watch parts of most races until 2016) to be able to have add else to talk about when we chat.

Owned a Toyota Corolla since 1997 (and got a new one in 2016 when my 1997 wasn't fixable as the part wasn't made anymore). Favorite NASCAR make is Toyota and driver Martin Truex Jr. although I'm happy when any Toyota driver wins or does great. NASCAR gods must love me as my license plate starts with "TRD" and I had no say in the picking it as it was randomly assigned to me by the state as a standard plate (not custom plate) purchase.

Favorite thing to do - a nearby street has occasional huge medians as a "road diet". Most people slow down and go wide around those occasional wide medians on the street. I pretend like I'm NASCAR in that I want to see how straight of line and maintain the speed limit speed I can do around those medians, feeling like like how NASCAR drivers find preferred lines around the track that make them have the fastest lap speeds.
Yota Fam!! I used to own an older Corolla, own a Camry hybrid now. But at the end of the day I'm a Ford truck girl (own 2 f150s and a e350 van), though those Yota trucks are looking pretty awesome too.

My dad would say things about holding my line and catching the draft when teaching me to drive. Also took me to dirt roads to practice turning right to go left.

Reactions: cyberwasp and LucyO

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Slow as fuck morning so far.
most def.... one batch and that's been it! And only got 64 of them submitted instead of about 100-125 each round so I guess it's so slow AF for others that people are doing my batch instead of me! :wink:

Reactions: LucyO

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
My friend dragged me to a club I didn't want to go to once and she really wanted to dance, so when we got up there to dance....I did this....she was mortified.....I can still picture her face as she was dragging me away, telling me "she knew people there"....hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.