04/24 - March Up and... Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 526

what happened my friend
yesterday I noticed 1 of my bottom teeth had a space between it and the tooth next to it. was never like that before. gradually since then there is this big swollen lump growing around the tooth. in front and behind. it's weird that is doesn't hurt much at all, and that it happened so fast. I guess I must have an infection that isn't near nerves or something. :( I took a couple aleve. hoping that will reduce the swelling. if anyone has any other ideas to reduce the gum swelling around that tooth that would be awesome. I would like to wait and see if it goes down. then I can make my rent before having to go the dentist for whatever this is.

Reactions: jan and Peachy

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
yesterday I noticed 1 of my bottom teeth had a space between it and the tooth next to it. was never like that before. gradually since then there is this big swollen lump growing around the tooth. in front and behind. it's weird that is doesn't hurt much at all, and that it happened so fast. I guess I must have an infection that isn't near nerves or something. :( I took a couple aleve. hoping that will reduce the swelling. if anyone has any other ideas to reduce the gum swelling around that tooth that would be awesome. I would like to wait and see if it goes down. then I can make my rent before having to go the dentist for whatever this is.
You can use a mixture of mouthwash and hydrogen peroxide to start to help with build up and irritation around your gums. I had some wisdom teeth problems and my dentist called it "miracle rinse". It helps reduce swelling and kills the bacteria around your gums. But I would get a lump looked at right away. Gum health is important and is directly linked to heart health as well. Good luck to you, dentist stuff sucks.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
it does sound like an infection from your description. i would give it a couple more days and see if it goes down. i'm not a dentist though. anything but :unsure:

D

Deleted member 526

is it hard or soft?
like my other gums but a little softer. thanks for the suggestions you guys. doesn't an ice pack reduce swelling? and I was going to do the mouthwash thing TQueen @TQueen but then I read online salt water rinse is better for swelling? idk this is so lame lol. I don't to want to take over the thread but thank you very much for your help. I read my pm's when I'm at the computer and I would appreciate any more advice.

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
like my other gums but a little softer. thanks for the suggestions you guys. doesn't an ice pack reduce swelling? and I was going to do the mouthwash thing TQueen @TQueen but then I read online salt water rinse is better for swelling? idk this is so lame lol. I don't to want to take over the thread but thank you very much for your help. I read my pm's when I'm at the computer and I would appreciate any more advice.
lol its 4:15 in the morning - don't worry about taking over the thread...it has a lot of useful information :)

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
@turker Also, just like TQueen @TQueen said gum help is sooooo important as its linked to many other indicators of health.

Also, my husband said to keep a very close eye on it, that since it came on so quick that if its an infection it can also spread very rapidly.

(I'm not a Dr. but he is haha)

D

Deleted member 526

@turker Also, just like TQueen @TQueen said gum help is sooooo important as its linked to many other indicators of health.

Also, my husband said to keep a very close eye on it, that since it came on so quick that if its an infection it can also spread very rapidly.

(I'm not a Dr. but he is haha)
TY it's growing faster and faster by the hour. sounds like I will have to go in. :(

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
TY it's growing faster and faster by the hour. sounds like I will have to go in. :(
Yeah, he said if it was a gradual growth over say a few days to just keep an eye on it but if it just came on sudden and is continuing to grow that you should go in.

Reactions: Deleted member 526
D

Deleted member 526

Yeah, he said if it was a gradual growth over say a few days to just keep an eye on it but if it just came on sudden and is continuing to grow that you should go in.
TYVM does he know what I should do if it bursts or starts leaking (ew)? it's minimum 4-5 hours until I can be at a dentist. like should I go to a hospital or just wait until the dentist opens?

Reactions: lsutiger25

lsutiger25

Contributor
Reaction score
TYVM does he know what I should do if it bursts or starts leaking (ew)? it's minimum 4-5 hours until I can be at a dentist. like should I go to a hospital or just wait until the dentist opens?
He said just keep an eye on it till you can see the dentist, BUT if you start to feel worse ( flu like) have a fever or just don't feel normal to go to the hospital which could mean the infection is spreading.

Reactions: Deleted member 526
D

Deleted member 526

He said just keep an eye on it till you can see the dentist, BUT if you start to feel worse ( flu like) have a fever or just don't feel normal to go to the hospital which could mean the infection is spreading.
TYVM! I will do that! please tell your husband thank you too!

Reactions: Sara Gates

Twisted65

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.